Page 342 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2422923323383393403413423433443453463523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 36871
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    No, the words are just being interpreted in a different way than I meant them. Acknowledging something is racist isn't outrage. Outrage involves rage, scandal, negative consequences to follow, that sort of thing.

There is merit to acknowledging something Neeson almost did is bad. There is no merit to destroying the Neeson today for what he almost did but didn't do. It is a waste of time and energy that encourages everyone who ever once almost did something really bad to cover it up.

This argument would apply equally to anybody. Neeson simply happens to be a prominent example.
    Again, so what's your ideal here?

Nothing happens?

Highly famous man admits to conspiring to commit racial violence and your ideal consequence is...?

Fill me in here.

Also, most people who secretly committed racist crimes aren't going to be made more likely to tell the world about it if Liam Neeson doesn't suffer any consequences. They are more likely going to be emboldened to do more racist crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, so what's your ideal here?

Nothing happens?

Highly famous man admits to conspiring to commit racial violence and your ideal consequence is...?

Fill me in here.
    My ideal is people acknowledging and talking about what Liam Neeson almost did, how it was racist and indicative of anger management issues. And then not demanding anything actually happen to Liam Neeson since he didn't actually harm anybody and agrees it was a horrible thing he almost did.

Also, most people who secretly committed racist crimes aren't going to be made more likely to tell the world about it if Liam Neeson doesn't suffer any consequences. They are more likely going to be emboldened to do more racist crimes.
    Note your different premise here. Neeson did not commit a racist crime, which I imagine is part of why he thought talking about it would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    My ideal is people acknowledging and talking about what Liam Neeson almost did, how it was racist and indicative of anger management issues. And then not demanding anything actually happen to Liam Neeson since he didn't actually harm anybody and agrees it was a horrible thing he almost did.
    Cooooool, so no consequences for a dude admitting to carrying a weapon with an intent to beat up a black person simply because they are black.

Sssssssuper...

Cooooool...

Note your different premise here. Neeson did not commit a racist crime, which I imagine is part of why he thought talking about it would be okay.
    Would you prefer if I said "People who secretly did really racist things,"?

Either works for my sentiment.

Neeson did a really racist and dangerous thing. Him not being held accountable for that simply makes it seem that doing said racist and dangerous thing is actually not that bad.

I think this line of discussion might be heading towards a bad direction, so I request that we put a damper on it for now. Either take it to PM land or the political thread please.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Consider it dropped.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

meanwhile, been hearing some reviews for KH3. not a lot of them are good, which i can understand why.

Consider it dropped.
    Thank you.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Did Kabal always have Super Speed?

Also, Apparently Xbox live is coming to Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Did Kabal always have Super Speed?

Also, Apparently Xbox live is coming to Switch
    Yes he has. He’s looking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    meanwhile, been hearing some reviews for KH3. not a lot of them are good, which i can understand why.
    15 years ago people walked away.
    I guess they didn't hear Square-Enix say:
    Please,
    Oh Baby,
    Don't go.

BANNED

Doesn't it have like an 86% rating on metacritic?

It's my birthday!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Where you lookin"? It has 86% on Metacritic and all of the review sites I've been to sans Polygon scored it similarly to KH2 and slightly higher. Most people are just upset about the ending since spoilers:
    Sora dies, though the secret ending shows that he still alive somewhere in Japan. Then there are the people who honestly thought this would be the final game and were angry over being proven wrong.
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-05-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!