Page 114 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah, yes, after I posted I googled the issue and realized it was Lee writing. Imagine this story coming up today and Namor losing to Daredevil just to promote the character with the TV series. Power levels depend now more on MCU popularity or agenda. I cry everytime Thor gets trashed by another hero or every time another character ends up picking up Mjolnir. It's real sad. Same with Namor, who used to be part of every major crossover or event and now we dont even get a mini or an ongoing series to celebrate his 80 years.
    I agree, and I personally think that most characters get new fans from seeing them in crossover events, who then follow that character they normally wouldn't have considered back to their comics, but by having Namor not star in any crossovers or have a significant role and also no ongoing book to find him in, his fanbase suffers alot. Marvel really needs to give Namor a solo this year, if Invaders doesn't get renewed or hinted at a third arc then I hope at least a Namor solo will spin out of it.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I might be wrong but I think Marvel might have found its Namor:

https://www.cbr.com/game-of-thrones-...atic-universe/

I hope not, I'm not a particular fan of this actor and I don't think he has the range to play Namor imo. Its far more likely he will be in Eternals or something cosmic because most of the recent casting I've seen around is for that movie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think it is probably one of the best of stories from the Silver Age for both of them. Stan was pretty good at making both characters look good in those lopsided fights like the Thing vs Hulk

True story.... My Dad used to buy us comic books at the local Rexall Drugs since I predate comic book shops by an unmentionable number of years. After I graduated high school and got a job I bought comics on my own. I went to the usual Rexall store and saw some Daredevil #7's in the spinner rack. By this point the Daredevils my Dad got for us were done by John Romita Sr and then Gene Colan. I was mystified as to why these showed up at the store. And it looked brand spanking new. Of course, there was no internet back then. I just figured they shipped some extras that were found in some warehouse. My younger brother probably still has this in the long boxes in his basement. He's the only one in my family that has room for them.
    Cool story, what a great surprise that must have been!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I hope not, I'm not a particular fan of this actor and I don't think he has the range to play Namor imo. Its far more likely he will be in Eternals or something cosmic because most of the recent casting I've seen around is for that movie.
    He is not my first choice but I wouldn't mind to see him star as Namor, and honestly from all the actors rumored excluding Dwayne Johnson he has been the one I've liked the most. He is lacking the height and the muscle mass I'd like to see in the character but I saw Pompeii and thought he did a good job at portraying a hero. I don't know his Game of Thrones work though, I'm one of the few people in this planet that hasn't watched that series.

Mighty Member

I agree, and I personally think that most characters get new fans from seeing them in crossover events, who then follow that character they normally wouldn't have considered back to their comics, but by having Namor not star in any crossovers or have a significant role and also no ongoing book to find him in, his fanbase suffers alot. Marvel really needs to give Namor a solo this year, if Invaders doesn't get renewed or hinted at a third arc then I hope at least a Namor solo will spin out of it.
    I'm hoping that too.

I think it is probably one of the best of stories from the Silver Age for both of them. Stan was pretty good at making both characters look good in those lopsided fights like the Thing vs Hulk
    Agreed. After all, that's his specialty.

True story.... My Dad used to buy us comic books at the local Rexall Drugs since I predate comic book shops by an unmentionable number of years. After I graduated high school and got a job I bought comics on my own. I went to the usual Rexall store and saw some Daredevil #7's in the spinner rack. By this point the Daredevils my Dad got for us were done by John Romita Sr and then Gene Colan. I was mystified as to why these showed up at the store. And it looked brand spanking new. Of course, there was no internet back then. I just figured they shipped some extras that were found in some warehouse. My younger brother probably still has this in the long boxes in his basement. He's the only one in my family that has room for them.
    Cool story, what a great surprise that must have been!
    Agreed. Even though it was before I was born, your story makes me think everyone had a good time reading comics in those days.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-24-2019 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I might be wrong but I think Marvel might have found its Namor:

https://www.cbr.com/game-of-thrones-...atic-universe/

He is not my first choice but I wouldn't mind to see him star as Namor, and honestly from all the actors rumored excluding Dwayne Johnson he has been the one I've liked the most. He is lacking the height and the muscle mass I'd like to see in the character but I saw Pompeii and thought he did a good job at portraying a hero. I don't know his Game of Thrones work though, I'm one of the few people in this planet that hasn't watched that series.
    Hmmmm. Well, he had the abs, at least for that Pompeii movie. ; ) I'll have to watch that again, but I don't particularly recall him having great physicality or presence in that movie. He did fine with his role in GoT, but that character didn't share much with Namor, other than being an outsider -- and he never seemed particularly angry about that, unlike Namor. Can Kit Harrington bring that to Namor ... I don't know.

There were two _characters_ from GoT that had Namor's swagger and sensuality, and the actors did a great job portraying that.

Prince Oberyn "Plunging Necklines" Martell played by Pedro Pascal

Khal Drogo played by Jason Momoa

Of course, one of them has already played Namor ... sort of.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It looks like Wave will be coming to Atlantis soon in Aero #5
    I'm guessing this could be a minor misdirection. Since Wave's jurisdiction is in SE Asia this may be that Atlantean outpost in the Gulf of Thailand where Namor met with Sue and the old Atlanteans delegation.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It looks like Wave will be coming to Atlantis soon in Aero #5

Hmmm. So, does Wave actually breath water?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm guessing this could be a minor misdirection. Since Wave's jurisdiction is in SE Asia this may be that Atlantean outpost in the Gulf of Thailand where Namor met with Sue and the old Atlanteans delegation.
    So, Wave doesn't leave the Pacific?

It could be that, but given Wave's current book, I'm thinking it might be Oceanus, which has only appeared in Agents of Atlas. Though ... why would they call it Atlantis?

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmm. So, does Wave actually breath water?
    I don't think she can breathe underwater? I would have to double check but I don't think the issue of underwater breathing came up yet. Since the issue for Aero #1 has been out I don't think this is a spoiler: Wave's origins are: Pearl was a very good swimmer, she was always at the beach and could swim before she could walk, she was told she could be an Olympic swimmer but her fighting with other kids got her chance taken away, so she ends up flipping burgers until she is recruited by scientists who needed a good swimmer. There was a accident when some people crashed into the lab, she thought they were bad guys and tried to use her new powers to stop them, but they were actually the Triumph Division, and that's when Pearl knew that she was working with the bad guys at Alontek labs. So she joins triumph and then helps the New agents of Atlas. I haven't seen her go underwater, but she uses her powers to part water and she can manipulate it and she can rise herself on a column of water.

waveorigin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmmm. Well, he had the abs, at least for that Pompeii movie. ; ) I'll have to watch that again, but I don't particularly recall him having great physicality or presence in that movie. He did fine with his role in GoT, but that character didn't share much with Namor, other than being an outsider -- and he never seemed particularly angry about that, unlike Namor. Can Kit Harrington bring that to Namor ... I don't know.

There were two _characters_ from GoT that had Namor's swagger and sensuality, and the actors did a great job portraying that.

Prince Oberyn "Plunging Necklines" Martell played by Pedro Pascal

Khal Drogo played by Jason Momoa

Of course, one of them has already played Namor ... sort of.
    I still think Momoa would have made a great Namor which is of course why DC wanted him for Aquaman but I never considered Pascal, he has a great acting range and the scene where he is taking his revenge is great, he would be an interesting choice to play Namor.

This is a great story, I think this Daredevil issue is one of my absolute favorites. It's certainly where I knew my love for Namor was cemented permanently.

You know this Aero character is going to job an established character that's way out of her league right? It's coming, just a matter of which character. I can see it happening to Tigershark.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You know this Aero character is going to job an established character that's way out of her league right? It's coming, just a matter of which character. I can see it happening to Tigershark.
    Sigh.

Which contrasts so starkly with Daredevil 7.

I think you are being optimistic. If it is in the ocean, why wouldn't they trash Namor... again?

Her origin feels like a "hero" version of Tigershark. A natural, elite swimmer who gets wrapped up in something weird and becomes a super-powered water person.

I can totally see them jobbing Namor again, but I'm just thinking the craziness of current Invaders and Avengers Namor events might keep him out of it.

I still think Momoa would have made a great Namor which is of course why DC wanted him for Aquaman but I never considered Pascal, he has a great acting range and the scene where he is taking his revenge is great, he would be an interesting choice to play Namor.
    Of course Momoa did a good Namor ... they just called him Aquaman.
    ;p

Pascal could be an interesting choice, but I didn't realize he was the lead in The Mandalorian series!

But it looks like Kit Harrington is NOT going to play Namor. He's playing ... the Black Knight!

I like the Black Knight. I'm happy for the Black Knight fans. I think doing the Sersi and Black Knight relationship is a good idea for the Eternals. But ... WTF is my Namor show?????

And OMG. If I do NOT see Namor on a tweet about the Black Panther movie in a million years, it will be too soon. Trying to find any real Namor news today with the BP date announcement has been endless painful scrolling.

On the plus side, a couple of scraps that I'm desperately clinging to... the She-Hulk tv show announcement gives me hope that Marvel has gotten Universal to cough up the Marvel characters (NAMOR) rights back.

And BossLogic, who has done some great actor make overs for Namor, and other characters, and has done some work for Marvel, seems to think that Marvel IS looking for an actor to play Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by BossLogic
    In regards to #KitHarington

Easiest pick for everyone would say wolverine, not the best pick but could work ��

Namor, I think they are still looking for an Asian actor ��

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...26378284036096

Of course, he also thinks the next BP will be feature Namor and be called Two Kings. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I said this before in this thread. But my accusation is that it will eventually be Namor. I wish I could be more optimistic about the company/brand I most enjoy but any good will I had is gone for them.

Currently, only reading Invaders for Marvel after that ends I might be out for good. Depending on what happens next for Namor or Nova. Any hopes for my other favorites, Iron Fist and Black Panther, is pretty much abolished due to poor writing and terrible character directions.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-24-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.