Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.
    Technically it is possible but yes marvel and writers have focused more on the destructive side of Phoenix in the last years. If readers analyze most stories involving the entity it helps more than harms.

I feel like OML actually makes sense, not from the relationship point or the possibility of breaking through to Jean, but because he's the only one who will be willing to go through with putting her down if need be. After all, he's done it before.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope we don't get a Logan/Jean/Old man Logan love triangle. it could be absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Am I the only one tired of these evil Phoenix stories? Like there is no reason to think that if the Phoenix gets jean the world will end.
    Agreed. They have never seen the Phoenix try to destroy the Earth when it was bonded with Jean

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Copying/pasting from the Jean thread.

I thought issue 1 showed a lot of promise but it's been followed by 3 whole issues of... absolutely nothing. This mini is everything that's wrong about Marvel these days, where an idea that covers 2 issues at best is stretched out to 5. Pretty much every line spoken by any character could really be spoken by anyone else, and it feels like the story isn't even about Jean as we're not getting any insights into her, so the book isn't saved by any great character work either. Which is a shame as I have enjoyed other stories penned by Rosenberg and think he's generally a good writer.

I'm so bored with this decompressed storytelling approach that's running rampant across most of the X-books now. X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold both suffer from it but Phoenix Resurrection is a really blatant example of something that's been stretched out super thin it's not even funny. I long for a new day when single issues give you your money's worth again because this crap isn't cutting it anymore.

BANNED

Kinda boring. Even Onyxx, Feral and Risque couldn’t save it. Also Jean’s never met OML, they should’ve sent Storm in.

In other news I can’t wait for the final Jeen issue next week. Jeen, Emma, Hope, Rachel, Betsy, Cable, QQ... it’s going to be amazing. I hope they care-bear-stare the fuck out of the cosmic turkey.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think the idea of Jean being able to be killed within a Phoenix Egg is a bit... flawed...

Also did no one catch that this was the first time anyone has said anything about the Teen Jean and Scott loving each other that hasn't just been hinted at? Eat your heart out, Bloodstorm.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope we don't get a Logan/Jean/Old man Logan love triangle. it could be absolutely ridiculous.
    I love OML, but I’m with you. So much time has passed for him...so much water under the bridge. And Jean coming back from the White Hot Room should be fundamentally changed as well. They should be over having the hots for one another at this stage. Move them both forward in different directions...assuming OML even has a future here. With OG Logan coming back I just cannot see Marvel keeping him around. Then again, his book sells. So if they can have two Logans to milk for cash I might not put it past them.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Logan will stab Jean and that will bring her back to life. All problems can be solved by stabbing.

I'm no Storm fan, but I actually agree that she would've been the best choice, but that's not the story they want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I feel like OML actually makes sense, not from the relationship point or the possibility of breaking through to Jean, but because he's the only one who will be willing to go through with putting her down if need be. After all, he's done it before.
    Can we just stop it with this ridiculous logic? Freaking Deadpool would also be willing to go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Can we just stop it with this ridiculous logic? Freaking Deadpool would also be willing to go through with it.
    So would Cable. That MF’er would kill his mother if he had to. That’s completely his nature. Mission first. End justifies the means. Save the future above all else, including personal considerations. Anyone who can’t see that doesn’t know jack about Nathan Summers. He’s a hardcore zealot.

BANNED

Storm would rip her heart out with her bare hands if need be. That bitch can be ruthless. Also Jean probably deserves it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Storm would rip her heart out with her bare hands if need be. That bitch can be ruthless. Also Jean probably deserves it.
    ... No? The Storm that ripped out Marrow's heart and left Callisto for dead is long gone, and let's be honest, she would never hurt Jean regardless.

I think I'm the only one that doesn't think they chose Logan because he would kill her, and I don't even SHIP those two!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Deadpool wasn't THERE (and given his current standing, wasn't likely to be invited along).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So would Cable. That MF’er would kill his mother if he had to. That’s completely his nature. Mission first. End justifies the means. Save the future above all else, including personal considerations. Anyone who can’t see that doesn’t know jack about Nathan Summers. He’s a hardcore zealot.
    Cable was also incapacitated (you can like that development or not, but that IS the situation).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I must say I had no thoughts on the issue but the end gave me great hope that Jean and Logan will be together once again after they both return. With both of their returns this is the assurance I need that Logan will stay far away from O'roro as his mind will be where it needs to be: away from O'roro and solely on Jean. I couldn't be happier!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!