Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Damn that is going to be an expensive month, some great looking trades in that listing.

I'll be getting:

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC OPEÑA COVER
    THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS HC
    UNCANNY X-MEN VOL. 1 HC
    AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN VOL. 3 HC
    SECRET WARS HC

and potentially all the Waid Daredevil HC's.
    Last edited by Mr`Orange; 07-15-2015 at 08:58 AM.

I am torn on whether I should pick up the new Angela Book. Someone decide for me.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I am torn on whether I should pick up the new Angela Book. Someone decide for me.
    Do it, it looks pretty, and Marguerite Bennett is a very good writer.

So how many versions of Spiderman exist, in the same universe, post SW?

Spiderman #1- Peter
    Spiderman #2- Miles
    Spiderman #3- Miguel
    Spiderman #4- Gwen

Did I miss anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    So how many versions of Spiderman exist, in the same universe, post SW?

Spiderman #1- Peter
    Spiderman #2- Miles
    Spiderman #3- Miguel
    Spiderman #4- Gwen

Did I miss anybody?
    Plus all the Web Warrior Spidey... but are they in the same universe?

Gwen is in her own universe and Miguel apparently goes back and forth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    No. Go buy Black Magick from Greg Rucka at Image instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    That's what I wasn't sure on.

BUT I thought SW was going to do away with all the multi-verse garbage? Or was that just fan speculation?

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'm hoping Amazing Spider-Man #1, Doctor Strange #1, Uncanny Avengers #1, Uncanny Inhumans #1, Avengers #0, and other All-New All-Different Marvel comics eventually get True Believers re-releases for a buck each. If not, then I'll just skip most of these new overpriced Marvel comics and spend that money on DC and Image comics that are normally 2.99 or 3.99 for the same 40-48 page count of a first issue.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Back and forth to and from WHAT?

Marvel has gone to great lengths to drive the point home that the Ultimate universe is gone. If they're so much as thinking of bringing it back after all this, it might just be the final jumping-off point for me. How many Ultimate Ends does that Universe have to go through before what comes out of the other end is stripped of all meaning? Talk about beating a dead horse.

I thought the whole point of putting up with a year of What If stories was that in the end, we'd end up with 1 single universe with all the elements that sold best during the year-long focus group.

If it all goes back to the way it was before (Miles had already interacted with these other universes prior to Secret Wars, so him "visiting" is nothing new)... well, I'm hoping Marvel knows better, is all.
    Last edited by _underscore; 07-15-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post

Marvel has gone to great lengths to drive the point home that the Ultimate universe is gone. If they're so much as thinking of bringing it back after all this, it might just be the final jumping-off point for me.

I thought the whole point of putting up with a year of What If stories was that in the end, we'd end up with 1 single universe with all the elements that sold best during the year-long focus group.

If it all goes back to the way it was before (Miles had already interacted with these other universes prior to Secret Wars, so him "visiting" is nothing new)... well, I'm hoping Marvel knows better, is all.
    I'm not 100% , but I believe Miguel works at Parker Industries, but something happens where he is forced to go to 2099 and current time. Now I'm not sure if 2099 is it's own universe or is it supposed to be an alternate timeline at this point.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I'm assuming some version of Jessica Drew and that other ginger Spider-Woman that became Madam Web must be around somewhere as well.

I've been wondering why Marvel keeps flooding its universe with Spider-People that make their #1 worldwide commercial property (Spider-Man) less unique. After all, the "Superman Family" didn't exactly make Superman look more unique. It did, however, make him look more "Patriarchal". Like Superman in the Superman Family, Spider-Man will always be the de-facto leader of a group of Spider-People.

Whereas he plays the corny comic relief in most other team situations.

If you have a story where Peter must be a great leader, you bring in the Web Warriors (what I now call the whole Spider-Family). If your story needs him in more of a sidekick role, you make it an Avengers story.

Otherwise... I'm not fully understanding Marvel's strategy. I hope it's more complex than just "If one Spider-Man sells this much, 10 Spider-Men will sell 10x more". Because Spidey really DOES seem less unique as what appears to be just a cog in a franchise.

PS: Since we're talking about the Spider-Books, anyone reading Renew Your Vows? For the second time, Marvel has Peter deciding to wear the B&W costume that his wife (and now daughter) are deathly afraid of. WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH QUESADA/ALONSO'S PETER PARKER? Why does this ahole keep putting on a costume that his wife and daughter have NIGHTMARES about? He did the same thing when May was dying, they called it "Back In Black" even though they did an awful job explaining Peter's reasoning even back then. CREATE A NEW BADASS COSTUME IF YOU NEED TO LOOK BADASS, STOP TERRORIZING YOUR OWN FAMILY WITH THAT ONE!

I get that the costume sells more books, but I need better IN-STORY reasons for Peter to keep not giving a f*** that he's causing his family PTSD.

None of Spidey's enemies fear the black costume. Only his own family. The guy is ultimately sick to keep finding reasons to put it on.
    Last edited by _underscore; 07-15-2015 at 09:47 AM.

BUT I thought SW was going to do away with all the multi-verse garbage? Or was that just fan speculation?
    I don't think all multiverses are gone. I just think a lot of them are. Apparently one of those destroyed is the Ultimate Universe, we're not sure if Battleworld is destroyed or not, but it's made clear that Spider Gwen goes back to her Universe and I would assume the same for the Web Warriors. I also strongly believe that Contest of Champions will be alternate characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post

Marvel has gone to great lengths to drive the point home that the Ultimate universe is gone. If they're so much as thinking of bringing it back after all this, it might just be the final jumping-off point for me. How many Ultimate Ends does that Universe have to go through before what comes out of the other end is stripped of all meaning? Talk about beating a dead horse.

2099 is a future of the Marvel universe. I think theres gonna be only two universes, The post Doomverse one which becomes all new Marvel and the one surfer creates which prob becomes SpiderGwens.

It has got rid of the old multiverse, who knows what the new status quo is.

Well actually a few people know... but you know what I mean.