Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s a name tied to her body just by virtue of how long Betsy has it while using Kwannon’s body. That’s how Betsy feels too and that’s why she no longer wants to go by that name.
    Plus Betsy had only used Psylocke for a short time before being put in Kwannon’s body. In England she was just known as Betsy Braddock.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I also want to understand why Mags or Kid Cable are on this team/book. Since the premise is basically "those not content with Krakoa" correct? Kid Cable seems pretty ok with things in XMen 1 and in the preview for XMen 2 but perhaps other things happen in Xmen 2 showing he "wants out" or "needs more challenges" etc etc. Or disagrees with his dad's approaches in some way.
    Maybe the comic sets up why he joins? [spoiler]The ads for one of the upcoming issues also state that he turns on X-23 for some reason. Maybe it'll turn out that he was planning to double-cross them the whole time. The implication has always been that the Fallen Angels' mission could ruin Xavier's Krakoan "utopia."[/spoiler]

But Magneto...? Is like the co leader of the entire enterprise. How could he even BE discontented? He pretty much IS "the man". I guess they'll play off all the adoration and worship he got and maybe he feels it's somehow undeserved and he "has to do something real". Idk just spitballing.
    Depends; maybe he tries to stop them instead.

Kwannon (not calling her Psylocke) and X-23 make a lot of sense for this though, for sure.
    The interesting thing is that Psylocke seems happy on Krakoa up until she gets the message that there's a threat she needs to deal with. As I understand it, Laura's status in the new order of things hasn't been established, but there is a decent case that she might not be onboard with Krakoa. As I've seen pointed out on other threads, the use of clones would seem very likely to turn her off (she's been shown to scuttle such operations when she finds them, is very much in the "clones are humans, too" camp, was very nearly the victim of someone trying to put their mind in her body, much like the gist of Xavier's cloning operation is, and is a clone herself). From my observation, she seems to have stronger ties to the rest of the world then the other X-Men do (she's close with her non-mutant family and had been choosing to live in Manhattan instead of boarding at the X-Mansion prior to Hickman's story).

Either way, it will be interesting to see where the characters go and why.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Does anyone find it weird they are lunching not one but 2 books around Psylocke?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Whoa. Whatever is happening, I'll be here for it.

Don't know why she is going by Psylocke, though.
    She can get into the best underground dance clubs using the name Psylocke.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Does anyone find it weird they are lunching not one but 2 books around Psylocke?
    Weird as in absolutely fabulous? Why yes!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus Betsy had only used Psylocke for a short time before being put in Kwannon’s body. In England she was just known as Betsy Braddock.

I'll never agree with this or Kwannon having the butterfly telepathic effects, neither are remotely tied to Kwannon she has no emotional or any form of connection to those things. If, Betsy no longer has a connection to the name or visuals, Kwannon would have even less of a reason as she never held either.

Before, 2009 maybe but Betsy has had one of the best long term narratives especially within the X-men, she's had the most consistent focus. I'm only surprised that their finally going all in on expanding her relationship with the CB title.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

They're different Psylockes though and in a way if these books can help differentiate the new Psylockes it will have served a purpose

I'm still of the cynical view that Marvel bowed to a social media campaign , and then backtracked to retain their "iconic" character anyway... it's kind of messy...

Of course that's even taking your premise that Betsy/Kwannon are the core of both books. Not sure I totally agree at least not yet. In Excalibur I think Apocalypse is definitely a co main and we'll see what happens with Rogue or Jamie Braddock.

For this book I'd be shocked if X-23 didn't start taking over the spotlight soon enough. Kid Cable ehhhh idk.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'll never agree with this or Kwannon having the butterfly telepathic effects, neither are remotely tied to Kwannon she has no emotional or any form of connection to those things. If, Betsy no longer has a connection to the name or visuals, Kwannon would have even less of a reason as she never held either.

Before, 2009 maybe but Betsy has had one of the best long term narratives especially within the X-men, she's had the most consistent focus. I'm only surprised that their finally going all in on expanding her relationship with the CB title.
    Asian Psylocke was made popular by video games and has appeared in the Fox movies. It’s the real reason Kwannon retains the name Psylocke and the butterfly.

It makes it easier to use both Psylocke/Kwannon and Betsy Braddock in films without people accusing Marvel of doing yellow face.

It’s a business decision that will stand regardless of a personal opinion.

In story Elizabeth gained access to major fighting skills that she did not previously have due to being in Kwannon’s body and in that form she permanently gained the ability to make psychic weapons. She certainly took from Kwannon, so it’s fitting Kwannon keeps the Psylocke name and that she takes something from what was done to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    definitely picking this one up. my girl has tk too!! yes!!
    That’s how I felt. Yay, she’s telekinetic too.

I really wish they had given a slightly different powerset. She was a low level empath which is a not so common ppwer. Play with it, c'mon. It even allows to keep the psychic weapons signature look.

Do you think we will see how that body ans Kwannon came back?

They're different Psylockes though and in a way if these books can help differentiate the new Psylockes it will have served a purpose
    I didn't know any forms of Psylocke were so popular or important that they needed not one but two books with forms of her at the forefront. Was there some Wolverine like Psylocke boom that i missed or something? This is such a exciting time for the X-Books, im just not sure how any Psylocke manage to land at the forefront of two of them. Im no trying to be mean, just seems odd.

I didn't know any forms of Psylocke were so popular or important that they needed not one but two books with forms of her at the forefront. Was there some Wolverine like Psylocke boom that i missed or something? This is such a exciting time for the X-Books, im just not sure how any Psylocke manage to land at the forefront of two of them. Im no trying to be mean, just seems odd.
    Popularity from videogames and she's been quite consistently leading teams and/or being important since at least Fraction. She essentially had 2 ongoing books in the form of the 2 Uncanny X-Force and even was in Gillen's run and in the Utopia field team at the same time, then she was in the female team and only got sidelined briefly before the body swap.

Almost the same could be said for Rogue too. Two strong female characters receiving a lot of attention and fan love outside of the usual people.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We're complaining about two characters having the same power set in X-Men?

lmao.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We're complaining about two characters having the same power set in X-Men?

lmao.
    I just don't like it, exactly because so many characters have the TP/TK thing. They could have differentiated it a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I really wish they had given a slightly different powerset. She was a low level empath which is a not so common ppwer. Play with it, c'mon. It even allows to keep the psychic weapons signature look.

Do you think we will see how that body ans Kwannon came back?
    Except they cannot cheat the Asian girl in the Power department. Bad enough Elizabeth occupied her body for so many years and gained excellent fight skills and psychic weapons from it. Kwannon deserves something back for all this. It’s very appropriate she retained the tp/tk.

Lots of people are psychics, are super strong, have energy projectile powers, etc. There are five Wolverines!