Page 23 of 357 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Why'd MCU T'chaka straight murder N'jobobobobo though?

could have have easily kept those claws back lol.

T'chaka be shady as hell man. Don' trust that dude.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Ultimates is basically rebranded Defenders since Defenders got moved to street level.
    I personally got more of an FF vibe from the ultimates.

The Squadron had a bit of a Defenses vibe. Powerful outcasts that didn't necessarily get along, and dealt with weirder less mainstream issues. It's a shame the book didn't stick around.

It woudl be interesting if in a future movie we learned the real reason Wakanda was at the UN and championing the Accords.

It ain't like T'chaka gave two shits about anyone outside of Wakanda. We know that much lol. And it ain't liike T'challa gave two shits about the accords considering he dressed up soon afterwards looking for blood.

So, what was the real motivation?

I would "think" the real reason was to cover for Wakanda's vibranium supply. Ross was under the impression Klaue took it all. Announcing to everyone, "poor little Wakanda had everythig taken from us" would keep other arms dealers out of Wakanda, get the other governments off their back, and keep Wakanda in the shadows.

But did Wakanda see super heroes and their autonomy as a threat to them? Were they afraid the Avengers would drop down in Wakanda unannounced and then see what was really there?

Were they placing a war dog high up in the UN to monitor the super heroes?

Did T'challa have another mission while in Vienna before getting sidetracked by T'chaka's death? He did bring his super suit with him on a diplomatic mission.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, you can make the argument that Ultimates was almost as important as the main Avengers book, because frankly none of the Avenged books seemed important at the time. Following Bendis and Hickmsn, this era of Avengers almost seemed like filler until the band was ready to get back together for Aarons book.

The book filled a void, and did some logistical house cleaning in regards to the new multiverse ... but it obviously wasn't a huge hit, and given its cast and cosmic premise (cosmic books being a niche most of the time unless the word infinity is used), I'm not sure why they expect it to be.

Still would argue it was a well written book though. Ewing is kinda underrated at marvel. Hope he gets a book which can really break out one day.

Still,
    He is not underrated, he starts off hot then ends low. He is good for about 12 issues then it drops. I read his Mighty Avengers. It was good until the third tpb.

Cause he don't play around. He knew execution was the likely outcome. If anything he saved his brother. The public humiliation would have been terrible. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He is not underrated, he starts off hot then ends low. He is good for about 12 issues then it drops. I read his Mighty Avengers. It was good until the third tpb.
    My theory on Ewing is that he starts off "hot" because his continuity nuggets make the book seem better than it really is (you get excited seeing shit like T'challa translocating again or some random ol dude like Anti-Man), then next thing you know you realize nothing has really happened for 3 issues lol.

He then connects to whatever event is around (connects well but for the main book it doesn't advance the plot), meanders, book gets to cancellation zone, he ends with a BANG which gets readers excited again for MORE!! Ewing that you forget about the 6 issues int he middle of the run which were borderline terrible lol

I think if you gave him a beginning and an end (tell him 12 issues or something) he could make it work.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-15-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Books T'challa can "lead" easily without being sent off to cosmic land full time (which makes no sense for a king anyway):

1. International Avengers/Avengers World:
    As mentioned before, T'challa can lead an international coalition of super heroes authorized by the UN or whatever. He can even bring his buddy Eden.

- team members are endless to choose from, and fit the "not the same people" mantra that some members are stuck on. Very diverse team for bonus points.

2. Secret Avengers: T'challa leads and undercover stealth and/or kill squad. Obviously stealth because a king going around killing threats in other countries may cause problems (drama is good for books).

- team members would be a combination of people T'challa trusts and a combination of people not afraid to get their hands dirty. You can go super popular here (Wolverine, Deadpool for instance) to middle of the road (Widow, Blade, Cable, Bishop) to villains (perfect for Hunter) to obscure as hell (what is Guillotine up to?).

3. Uncanny Avengers: if we are stuck with the X office and Storm, might as well benefit from it somehow.

- Avengers members: leader T'challa, monica and whoever. X members: leader Storm, plus 2 more. then add The Thing from F4 universe and say... Miles? from spidey world.

Books T'challa can "lead" easily without being sent off to cosmic land full time (which makes no sense for a king anyway):

1. International Avengers/Avengers World:
    As mentioned before, T'challa can lead an international coalition of super heroes authorized by the UN or whatever. He can even bring his buddy Eden.

- team members are endless to choose from, and fit the "not the same people" mantra that some members are stuck on. Very diverse team for bonus points.

2. Secret Avengers: T'challa leads and undercover stealth and/or kill squad. Obviously stealth because a king going around killing threats in other countries may cause problems (drama is good for books).

- team members would be a combination of people T'challa trusts and a combination of people not afraid to get their hands dirty. You can go super popular here (Wolverine, Deadpool for instance) to middle of the road (Widow, Blade, Cable, Bishop) to villains (perfect for Hunter) to obscure as hell (what is Guillotine up to?).

3. Uncanny Avengers: if we are stuck with the X office and Storm, might as well benefit from it somehow.

- Avengers members: leader T'challa, monica and whoever. X members: leader Storm, plus 2 more. then add The Thing from F4 universe and say... Miles? from spidey world.
    The thing with the Unity Squad is that I think they make it a point it has to be lead by an Xmen. So Storm or Rogue or whatever would have to be the leader, at least publicly.

But yeah ... you can argue Storm and T'challa should be in the Unity Squad.

I will die saying there should be a Fantastic Force book starring Doom, Black Bolt, Namor, and T'challa.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Cause he don't play around. He knew execution was the likely outcome. If anything he saved his brother. The public humiliation would have been terrible. Lol
    Actually MCU T'Chaka is not that different than MCU Odin.

They both had unusual ways of dealing with family issues.

Which is why I would love to see a team-up in film & comics featuring T'Challa & Thor. The royal Avengers with daddy issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I will die saying there should be a Fantastic Force book starring Doom, Black Bolt, Namor, and T'challa.
    Written by Priest back in the day....heck yeah!

Would this be a Batman vs Deathstoke type book with BP and BB trying to kill Doom and Namor?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Black Panther: The Fantastic Ultimate Avenger. Back of the bus member of all. Leader of none.

Milquetoast all the way but celebrated by some as long long as he's featured on panel in a B-Boy stance. (Non-cosmic)
    It would be cool if the Avengers went back to rotating chairperson. A run by BP as leader would be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I personally don't care if he leads the Avengers. I would rather him be the "randomly disappears as he knows who the real bend game threat is" type he was in EMH.
    Damn, I miss that show. I would love to see that in the films.

Extraordinary Member

Would this be a Batman vs Deathstoke type book with BP and BB trying to kill Doom and Namor?
    This is one of my problems with Marvel on the comics' side. Editors have allowed writers to put too much bad blood between characters without a satisfying resolution.

It would take a heck of a problem to justify T'Challa joining up with Doom and Namor, given their history. But if they do that, like Hickman did with the incursions, it would certainly be a fun group to see interacting.