Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I just don't really think of them as related characters. If the argument is you want her paired with a famous character in order to succeed, she could be paired with Wolverine or Captain America. Spider-Man doesn't have any greater connection.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Luckily we get that Captain America/Spider-Woman ten up in October.

I think Jess showing up in Captain Marvel has been great for her. The two of them are always fantastic together.

I'd love for Jess to team up with Daredevil. I think that could be super interesting.

I don't mind Jess showing up in a Spidey book or two. I just don't think having Soider-Man appear in her book is going to suddenly make her the most popular Charater ever. Parker isnt some magical fix it.

That said, I think Jess always floats just outside bthe Spider Family. She might have more Spider DNA than the rest of them, but she doesn't quite fit in imo. She is at her best with the Avengers and fighting Hydra.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-09-2019 at 04:12 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I just don't really think of them as related characters. If the argument is you want her paired with a famous character in order to succeed, she could be paired with Wolverine or Captain America. Spider-Man doesn't have any greater connection.
    Spider-Man does have a strong connection to The Taskmaster, who was Jessica's teacher. In addition, Jessica might have met Miles Warren(The Jackal) whose a Spider-Man villain. While I agree that Jessica doesn't need Spider-Man to help her succeed, it would be nice if a writer takes the opportunity to explore their friendship. One can say that Deadpool has no connection with Spider-Man whatsoever. But look at the sales figures for Spider-Man and Deadpool ongoing series. If two unlikely characters (who are polar opposites) can make their partnership work, why can't Marvel take a chance at doing a Spider-Man & Spider-Woman series or even a Spider-Man & Black Widow ongoing series? The Editor, Nick Lowe said in 2014 that he wanted Jessica to be in Spider-Man's world and wanted her series to get into as many hands as possible. Then he goes ahead and allows Slott to create Silk for the ASM(2014) series instead of introducing Jessica Drew. Ever since the Spiderverse, Silk has not teamed up with Spidey in his world ever since. This had made me so upset that I have not followed Silk's ongoing series at all because I felt that Lowe should not have allowed Silk to be created. There are way too many Spider-Women already, with Ghost-Spider probably going to be a permanent member of the Earth-616, like Miles Morales. I do not know why Marvel wants to make Spider-Man into Batman, which he's not. With other Spider-characters now residing on Earth-616, many of them(excluding Kaine and Ben) have nothing to do with Peter Parker as a friend, except perhaps Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter.

I apologized for the ranting. For the past 30 years, Marvel has segregated everything by Editorial Departments with very little interaction between them. It's sad to see how comics writers can't think outside the box because they have 2 or 3 other comics book titles to work on. It would cool to see a writer and editor work together to make Spider-Woman a success without the stress of doing so many things at once that causes the team to lose focus on what's important, which is creating stories that's backed by the readers.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-09-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Man does have a strong connection to The Taskmaster, who was Jessica's teacher. In addition, Jessica might have met Miles Warren(The Jackal) whose a Spider-Man villain.
    Might have met is extremely weak. Viper has been a Wolverine villain, so there's a much stronger Wolverine connection right there.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Might have met is extremely weak. Viper has been a Wolverine villain, so there's a much stronger Wolverine connection right there.
    I was referring Spider-Man's rogues instead of Wolverine. It might had been cool to see Carnage as a Spider-Woman villain.

Question because I've always been intrigued by this character. Did she fly during Bendis' run? And did she lose or change powers?

I was referring Spider-Man's rogues instead of Wolverine. It might had been cool to see Carnage as a Spider-Woman villain.
    It also might be cool to see Bullseye as a Spider-Woman villain. That was my point. You're grasping at straws without any real logic for your points.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question because I've always been intrigued by this character. Did she fly during Bendis' run? And did she lose or change powers?
    So Jess can Glide. However, during Bendis Avengers, she COULD fly. Turns out that was Veranke posing as Jess who could fly. After Secret Invasion happened Jess went back to being only able to glide.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    So Jess can Glide. However, during Bendis Avengers, she COULD fly. Turns out that was Veranke posing as Jess who could fly. After Secret Invasion happened Jess went back to being only able to glide.
    That's kind of funny. Like was she just too lazy to glide everywhere? lol

Astonishing Member

It also might be cool to see Bullseye as a Spider-Woman villain. That was my point. You're grasping at straws without any real logic for your points.
    The Taskmaster battled Jessica in Bendis run on Spider-Woman's solo series. In addition, The Taskmaster is an occasional villain of Spider-Man. That was the connection I was referring to. I long to see Jessica and Peter working together more often.

Anyway, I'll admit that it's no use talking about things that I want to see happen unless I was working for Marvel. Dan Slott once said to me 5 years ago that talking about what I want to see occur between characters on an open forum isn't going to move the needle at Marvel unless I was working there. It's like giving away a trade secret that no one cares about unless it gets published.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Cover to Marvel Presents #8 out 8/21

Out this Wednesday!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Out this Wednesday!
    Thanks for reminding me!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Luckily we get that Captain America/Spider-Woman ten up in October.

I think Jess showing up in Captain Marvel has been great for her. The two of them are always fantastic together.

I'd love for Jess to team up with Daredevil. I think that could be super interesting.

I don't mind Jess showing up in a Spidey book or two. I just don't think having Soider-Man appear in her book is going to suddenly make her the most popular Charater ever. Parker isnt some magical fix it.

That said, I think Jess always floats just outside bthe Spider Family. She might have more Spider DNA than the rest of them, but she doesn't quite fit in imo. She is at her best with the Avengers and fighting Hydra.
    While I like the exposure she is getting...I really hate that the falling out they had in CW2 was almost immediately reversed. These big, epic stories need to have consequences. To turn it around to the status quo afterward diminishes what happened.

Why does she need other characters rogues...give her her own. Find some unattached baddies and make them hers...and make them interesting.

She looks great on that MCP cover. I'll miss that look when it's gone.
    I don't think they should have returned her to the classic look completely. A combination of the two would be more ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    While I like the exposure she is getting...I really hate that the falling out they had in CW2 was almost immediately reversed. These big, epic stories need to have consequences. To turn it around to the status quo afterward diminishes what happened.

Why does she need other characters rogues...give her her own. Find some unattached baddies and make them hers...and make them interesting.
    I'm going to tell you a story about NYCC 2016. I was at several panels. And at every panel, at least one person would come up during the Q&A going "Why did you break up Carol and Jess?" People were PISSED. And going up to anyone from Marvel asking them to get back together. So Margaret Stohl made them friends again. I think it stole a little Thunder from Dennis HOpeless though, because honestly, while I loved Margie's story, I think he should've been the one to get the back together since he was the one who broke them up.

I don't think her old outfit is going away completely. I think she'll still have it. I'm sure Tini Howard will come up with some reason in story as to why she's in the old one for Strikeforce (probably because it's a superhero team. She brought the classic back out for Secret Wars too)

Also out this week: Marvel Action, Captain Marvel by Sam Maggs!

Last edited by Seren; 08-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.