Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about this. The creative teams are solid, and I'm especially excited about Zub & Bachalo working on the X-Ladies... but I have a strong suspicion this is more decompressed crap from Marvel, 4 minis where nothing really happens and nobody actually meets Logan - after which they'll skip all the reunions and just jump into a shiny new Wolverine #1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Jean's not here either. It probably coincides with Red, and we know SOMETHING has Jean in it in May so they may have their own thing going on.
    Kurt isn't here either. Shouldn't Wolverine's best friend be there when he returns?

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't touch the Bendis Avengers Nostalgia mini with a ten-foot pole

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Claws of a Killer is the only one I'll be getting, and that's only because it has Creed and Daken in it. The rest just seems like superfluous fluff.

Jean's gone for almost 15 years, and she gets one bloated miniseries (albeit one with a terrific last issue): Wolverine's dead for under four years, and he gets a part in Legacy, a series of back-up features and a one-shot that kicks off 4 subsequent miniseries.

Yeah, Jean was really the revival of the year...

Seriously, Marvel. What the F*$% is wrong with you?
    Do you think a comeback event should match a character's popularity, importance, or number or years they've been dead/out of comission?

Quote Originally Posted by Aben View Post
    Kurt isn't here either. Shouldn't Wolverine's best friend be there when he returns?
    Yes he should. Why is Iron Man involved at all. This should be a X-men only event. It should also only involve characters that are close to him as well.

Two of those titles will probably suck but I will buy them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Yes he should. Why is Iron Man involved at all. This should be a X-men only event. It should also only involve characters that are close to him as well.

Two of those titles will probably suck but I will buy them anyways.
    bc they were teammates for a long time in the Avengers. Wolverine isnt only an X-men character so this shouldnt be limited to just X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Do you think a comeback event should match a character's popularity, importance, or number or years they've been dead/out of comission?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

The Daredevil mini is the most egregrious and shows this whole thing is primarily about the Souleverse, not the X-verse.

Are these coming out weekly or monthly?

What in the hell? How about uhhhhhhhhhh Armor? His 'daughter' right after Jubes? She should be in "Mystery in Madripoor", alongside Pixie.

Marvel is so obsessed with jacking it to the same cast of characters we've seen on the front lines for decades. And we really don't need Adamantium Agenda and Weapon Lost (as much as I love Misty). This should be exclusive to the X-Men.

This seems super excessive. Like unnecessarily excessive. Barely any of it even focuses on the X-Men.

They seem to be promoting this more than Jean's return too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    What in the hell? How about uhhhhhhhhhh Armor? His 'daughter' right after Jubes? She should be in "Mystery in Madripoor", alongside Pixie.

Marvel is so obsessed with jacking it to the same cast of characters we've seen on the front lines for decades. And we really don't need Adamantium Agenda and Weapon Lost (as much as I love Misty). This should be exclusive to the X-Men.
    Pixie wasn't really one of his sidekicks like Armor or Kitty or Jubilee. Idie on the other hand was clearly one of his favorite students.

Personally I'm still waiting for somebody to acknowledge Amiko

I'm thinking Marvel is just hedging their bets in anticipation of the Fox acquisition, so they are reintroducing Wolvie with the whole MU in mind(with particular emphasis on the Netflix and MCU characters), which is why you see the Daredevil/Misty and Iron Man/Cage/Jessica pairings. I am only interested in the X-Ladies one, but I see this as a good sign of things to come (reintegration of the X-Men with the wider MU).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Honestly, while I can understand the sentiments of the "X-Men only" crowd, it should be acknowledged that he has friendships and relationships outside the X-Men, too. Hell, as long as characters that aren't "pure X-Men" are getting involved in this, why not Alpha Flight? They knew and worked with Logan well before the X-Men did. Oh, and as long as Tom Taylor's writing The Adamantium Agenda, he'd better be able to slip in at least an appearance or two from Laura Kinney. Then again, maybe her series (and X-Men Red) will tie into this so we don't have to worry about whether or not she's getting the panel time she richly deserves.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I hate Wolverine. I really do, but Weapon Lost and Mystery in Madripoor have my interest.
    My thoughts EXACTLY.