Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Here something I thought I remember was Speed Buggy but it's actually a different name - WonderBug

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Mummies Alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I remember that one, too! It only lasted like four or five episodes, right? But it was good.
    Watched it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeanski View Post
    Okay, maybe some old schoolers can help me out with this one as it has been bugging me for decades. I believe this was a miniseries in the early 80's. I don't remember to much, it was a parody of sci fi/superhero. I remember about was that the hero had some kind of ship that he used to chase the villain. The one thing that is the stand out for me was that the villain was stealing peoples hair/toupees that he was using to hatch somkind eggs.
    Like i said this has been bugging me for decades, people look at me like I'm crazy anytime I've brought it up (after reading my description I can understand why). I've tried looking it up on the internets, but google asked what the hell I was talking about.
    No clue here. US tv or elsewhere, animated or live-action?

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Here something I thought I remember was Speed Buggy but it's actually a different name - WonderBug

Know all of the Kroftt shows.

Otherworld, with Jared Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I actually did remember that show; I want to say it aired around 1972?
    Yep. I couldn't remember the name, for years, and wondered if I mixed several shows together, until I ran across the name in a history of the Harlem Globetrotters. The H-B Globetrotter cartoon ran opposite it.

A young Jane Seymour can be seen in one episode. Peter Firth, as an adult, was in Hunt for Red October and the British tv show, Spooks (aka MI-5).

The kid with glasses looks like a middle-aged man, shrunken to child-size.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Otherworld, with Jared Martin.
    Holy crap, it's Jonathan Banks!

Anyway, I'll go for Captain Power. It was a neat concept with a unique gimmick (at the time), but even as a kid I remember it being too dark and depressing overall for me to watch. It might've been the earliest point in which I realized that I *wanted* to like something but just couldn't.

All-New Member

codystarbuck- "No clue here. US tv or elsewhere, animated or live-action?"

It was on in the US, but may have originated for somewhere else and it was live action.
    Last edited by SuperSeanski; 11-09-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Fortune Dane: Carl Weathers played a troubleshooter for a city mayor investigating crimes that the police didn't/couldn't have time to solve. Had 2 helpers but the only one I can remember is a woman called Speed.

Fortune Hunter: Ex-spy who is now a hot shot insurance investigator who recovers high priced items for a global insurance company. Think James Bond meets All State Insurance.

Nightmare Cafe: Robert Englund played a night manager at a all-night cafe (which seemed to appear around the country) which gave aid to people who needed it or punish people who deserved it. Jack Coleman played the cook and Lindsay Frost played the waitress who helped out with the aid/punishment.

Ultimate Member

Was the main guy on Fortune Hunter played by the actor that played Kyle Reece in the Terminator movies...or maybe I'm thinking of another similar show...Pro-Stars was fun while it lasted...stupid but fun...

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Bureau of Alien Detectors , a really dark X-Files meets g.i. Joe type of cartoon.

Stunt Dawgs

Mad jack the pirate. Good adult style humor.

Captain power, a very dark and gritty original American senti type of show. Years ago there were talks of a reboot but, so far nothing

War of the worlds- inspired tv shows like the X-Files and third wave.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 09-05-2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: rename of show :p

Ultimate Member

Captain Jack with his pal Snook...loved that show....

Extraordinary Member

Salvage 1.

Andy Griffith and his loyal crew of salvage operators go to the moon in their privately owned rocketship (built out of NASA surplus!)
    to reclaim the Apollo landing modules.

The show was the closest thing I can think of to a live action Thunderbirds show.