Page 176 of 200 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2993
    Incredible Member

On the subject of Aquaman's Eighties run, was the Michael Klattu mini ever collected in TPB ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot that run even existed!

First thing that comes to mind when I hear 'Jurgens' and 'Aquaman' is the Aquaman and the Others book (Which I still maintain was good, dang it!)

Looking at Comicvine I think you're right in terms of her getting prominence after PAD left, but the little I do recall of Aquaman Vol 3 Post-PAD I don't remember being very good, Mera's writing included.
    No, I think John's was the first to really work with Mera, and make her appear as his equal. She'd made appearances here and there, but it was not the equal partnership we see in today's runs.

BANNED

Question- do you all fill it's weird that every single aqua character besides aqauman himself has trained in magic? He relies mostly on physicality while all the rest use special abilities.

The interpretation of Atlanteans and magical in YOUNG JUSTICE was superb. I think that interp and the PAD/LARSEN/JURGENS stuff are the best use of his toybox

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Question- do you all fill it's weird that every single aqua character besides aqauman himself has trained in magic? He relies mostly on physicality while all the rest use special abilities.
    Dolphin, Tula and Murkk don't use magic.

BANNED

And I guess for those who read the Aquaman series that matters,but outside the book we have tempest,Mera,and aqualad who are way more well known and matter on the full DC scale.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Mera is hydrokenetic, it's not really "magic". At least I wouldn't say so.

Xebel is an extradimensional timey wimey state that has suffered a horrid history of oppression.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-03-2018 at 11:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Xebel is an extradimensional timey wimey state that has suffered a history of oppression.
    Jackson is half xebellian to in new continuity

And I guess for those who read the Aquaman series that matters,but outside the book we have tempest,Mera,and aqualad who are way more well known and matter on the full DC scale.
    Which has nothing to do with the question you asked.

BANNED

Hey, so over the weeks/months the current story is taking place over, what the Hell is NEMO doing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hey, so over the weeks/months the current story is taking place over, what the Hell is NEMO doing?
    They're so much I'm hoping gets brought back from old and new continuity. Hell why not have NEMO take hold of Chimera, Update on DemonGate. Hell bring back Triton.

Anyways anyone see The Deep Six in Wonder Woman? Robinson's run is really cool. Despite how I feel on the Zeus fight.

I was watching the Double Toasted review of JUSTICE LEAGUE and the discussion of Aquaman made me wonder: are people ashamed of Aquaman's deal? Are his superpowers bad? How is dominion of sea life bad???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Xebel is an extradimensional timey wimey state that has suffered a horrid history of oppression.
    Just to get super into the ultra-nerdy fake "how it works" stuff, I've seen her referred to as hydrokinetic ... AND as a hydromancer. And it's like, okay, so hydrokinetic ... like a psionic, Jean Grey-esque telekineticism ability where your ultra sci-fi brain can ... I dunno, levitate stuff. Move stuff. Except for some reason, maybe because she's from an underwater race, you know, just water. Can only manipulate water.

Versus hydromancer. Which implies a magical connection to water that allows her to do water stuff.

Which is weird and amazing. I kind of don't have a preference for which way it might go, and also think in the scheme of sci-fi versus magical fantasy ... I dunno, in a world where both exist, why not let Aquaman's world be the place where they mix ... fluidly. Mutations based not on "The Atom", but on ... H20 and some particularly offbeat, more specific, less "broad" strain of magic.

Speaking of Mutants - the Atlanteans are definitely like Mutants, and I don't just mean broad-sense, like the real world only in comic book extreme mutants, I mean like, they compare rather favorably to like, X-Gene Marvel X-Men Mutants. And if Mera was an X-Men Mutant, oh man, she would be one of those there "Omega Level" ones. I mean she's like if Magneto was a water guy instead of a metal guy, and I feel like, as prevalent as metal is, on Earth's surface, being the water lady is an even better deal. She can make fancy "hard water constructs". Sidenote comic book writers ... that's ice. And she can remove water from your body and dehydrate you. And can probably vaporize it too.

But yeah.

Mera is neat!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-DC-Super...SIN=B0789TBXSK

Apparently we're getting a Lego Aquaman movie later this year, similar to the Lego Flash one that was recently announced. Makes sense seeing as how he has a live action film coming out later this year! Hopefully this is the start of more solo Lego films (ie Wonder Woman, Shazam, Green Lantern)... Wouldn't mind a Teen Titans one either!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-DC-Super...SIN=B0789TBXSK

Apparently we're getting a Lego Aquaman movie later this year, similar to the Lego Flash one that was recently announced. Makes sense seeing as how he has a live action film coming out later this year! Hopefully this is the start of more solo Lego films (ie Wonder Woman, Shazam, Green Lantern)... Wouldn't mind a Teen Titans one either!
    I'm guessing this was commissioned alongside the Lego Flash movie because they were both in Justice League (I wonder if Cyborg or Wonder Woman will get them?).

a Lego Aquaman movie should be pretty fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing who all will be in it .

I also believe the next DC Super Hero Girls movie will focus on Atlantis, and Mera will be making her debut soon, so it looks like Aquaman is going to get a lot of love this year .