Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
    Niffleheim

By the way who are Dracula's Kitchen Cabinet? I feel like we are suppose to know them?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed....a wasted opportunity indeed to give Blade a solo series.
    They've been wasting opportunity for a decade plus now
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    By the way who are Dracula's Kitchen Cabinet? I feel like we are suppose to know them?
    Someone else posted an article. They're all actual historical figures:

Machiavelli
    Sun Tzu
    Henry Kissinger
    Tomyris
    Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Essentially a bunch of accomplished Eurasian military minds.

Niffleheim

Ew! Henry Kissinger, no wonder my spidey senses was tingling.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Ew! Henry Kissinger, no wonder my spidey senses was tingling.
    right in line with dracula's history of supremacy/racism

Niffleheim

Yep, this one-shot at least has put another comic book writer I'm looking forward to read. Some nice world building in just one issue.

Niffleheim

Yann Demange is set to direct Blade

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...el-1235267361/

Good news. We are back on track

New director!

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Finished the Blade one-shot just a little while ago and I got the same impression. It felt like the first issue of a series rather than one story. It was a lot more world building and set up and less action than I would expect from a one-shot. But I enjoyed it. I think this issue made the best use of the Sheriff Blade idea that I've seen thus far.
    Russell is not really an action writer, he’s more interested in social commentary, but I’ve really enjoyed his stories and I liked the one shot too. Pity this isn’t the start of a new mini because it’s good.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Good news. We are back on track

New director!

And this is promising:
    Details are being kept under wraps but sources say the new intent is for Blade to dark and gritty in tone, falling on the edgier side of Marvel fare and maybe even find common shading with the fondly-remembered Blade movies made in the early 2000s by New Line.
    After Love & Thunder I’m utterly turned off by the MCU comedy schtick of “So that just happened” and welcome something more serious. Especially for Blade who should not be treated as a joke.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

I'm *very* excited about this choice. I know I tend to be more positive, but I had initially wanted Misha Green to direct because of Lovecraft Country. Love that they went and got someone else from the show. Probably one of the better shows in that "Black horror" genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm *very* excited about this choice. I know I tend to be more positive, but I had initially wanted Misha Green to direct because of Lovecraft Country. Love that they went and got someone else from the show. Probably one of the better shows in that "Black horror" genre.
    I’m much more encouraged about this director

I’ve been a fan of Misha Green since her work on Fringe.

At least, LoveCraft Country was well done, from the writing to the cinematography and direction. If Marvel puts together a good team to handle the action I’m very optimistic for the film.

I bit my tongue for a while but I had reservations about the original director. I was getting Captain Marvel vibes from the film. Glad Marvel is taking the time to do Blade Justice.

Hopefully Mahershala can stay in shape
    The J-man

Niffleheim

The only thing great and cohesive thing about Lovecraft Country was the episode he directed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The Midnight Suns video game next Prequel Shorts episode, The Daywalker, drops November 22nd at 9am PT

https://twitter.com/midnightsuns/sta...55943401132033
    Anyone else think this was the weakest episode yet? It was the shortest and the preview essentially captured the entire episode

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Anyone else think this was the weakest episode yet? It was the shortest and the preview essentially captured the entire episode
    I didn’t really go in with expectations for any of these.

I thought the vampire design was interesting. I kind of like them being more monstrous. Although, I think it highlights that they didn’t want Blade chopping up human looking enemies keeping this friendly for most ages.

I didn’t love the vamps turning to dust so easily. Also the combat animation didn’t look as fluid as I thought it should. Felt slow and janky at times

I’m not mad they got right to the action but the video did feel short. I guess they accomplished what they needed to. A quick character intro, explaining he’s a dhampir and showcasing his hunting skills by taking down all the vampires with ease. It also established he has a relationship with Caretaker.

Apparently, learning Blade’s real name is something you unlock in the game after you gain his trust.

It is ironic that this version of Blade agrees to join the team right away. Out of everyone I’d peg him as the most reluctant to join a team long term
    The J-man