Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Maria's abilities barely qualify as overpowered...

And where was this type of criticism when Animal Man had a book out.

The only thing I agree with is the fact that Orlando has not develop her, and I'll add to it and say he hasn't developed anyone outside of Killer Frost.
    She's practically immortal as of the last issue. I'd say that's overpowered.
    I honestly don't have much knowledge on Animal Man's power levels, but he's always had great runs where the character was well developed.
    My complaint is that power feats is ALL Vixen is getting. Pretty hollow as far as development go.

She needs a lot of things tbh, people like to point out DC is doing stuff with her b/c she's on LoT but that's not her, that's a made up character who is using her hero name.
    Aren't they all made up characters? I don't think a real Vixen exists anywhere on this Earth.

WOW. They really went there with bringing back her "original" look. Clunky totem and all...

On the "Red Telepathy" front, I feel the same as when in JLA they had her mimicking abilities of enhanced humans/humanoid aliens...I GET it but it pushes her off-brand somewhat and into territory of being a generic telepath or power mimic. If it were once in a blue moon where she has to "push" her abilities to accomplish those feats, fine. But as a regular part of her repertoire? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Spoiler...

Vixen now has Red Telepathy...alrightY than.....

Last edited by Thirteen; 02-11-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    WOW. They really went there with bringing back her "original" look. Clunky totem and all...

On the "Red Telepathy" front, I feel the same as when in JLA they had her mimicking abilities of enhanced humans/humanoid aliens...I GET it but it pushes her off-brand somewhat and into territory of being a generic telepath or power mimic. If it were once in a blue moon where she has to "push" her abilities to accomplish those feats, fine. But as a regular part of her repertoire? No thanks.
    But...at at their core Vixen and Animal Man are power/abilities mimics. Her RED Telepathy is not really telepathy but a unique way for her to communicate with others using the Life-force/Morphogenetic field of the planet. If she wanted to give herself telepathy, she could easily do this by coping Gorilla Grodd's mental powers

I like that the writer is finally thinking about what she can do....so let's not put her in a box. Besides, she only had two major feats in 23 issues....
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She's practically immortal as of the last issue. I'd say that's overpowered.
    I honestly don't have much knowledge on Animal Man's power levels, but he's always had great runs where the character was well developed.
    My complaint is that power feats is ALL Vixen is getting. Pretty hollow as far as development go.
    Which would make Animal Man have the exact same power so what are you going with this, b/c outside of gods and some other heroes it makes perfect sense for characters connected to the Red, Green, Blue and whatever else to have significant power since they are connected to nature, life, and death...

You don't know much about Animal Man but you know he had good runs; how do you know this if you don't know much about Animal Man ...that's rhetorical btw.

Then you should have said I wished she was getting more overall development in JLA instead of just her powers getting highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Aren't they all made up characters? I don't think a real Vixen exists anywhere on this Earth.
    Stop being obtuse, there's nothing more annoying than someone pretending to be dumb, you know what I meant, Amaya is an original character who has no connection to comics parading around with Mari's necklace and hero name.

There you go, I explained it, just in case you weren't pretending.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-12-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I like that costume. Just make the green part orange and the gold gloves and boots black.

But...at at their core Vixen and Animal Man are power/abilities mimics. .
    But not generic power mimics. Rogue or Calvin Rankin of the X-Men can't duplicate the abilities of "lower" animal species. Vixen and Animal Man have the niche of having the opposite "limitation" of range, if you can even call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like that costume. Just make the green part orange and the gold gloves and boots black.
    I'm still debating if I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But not generic power mimics. Rogue or Calvin Rankin of the X-Men can't duplicate the abilities of "lower" animal species. Vixen and Animal Man have the niche of having the opposite "limitation" of range, if you can even call it that.
    So you like the uniqueness of their powers? I'm cool with that...but I also like them able to expand their abilities if they need too.

IIRC, both Mari and Buddy have both mimicked the abilities of humans before.

Which would make Animal Man have the exact same power so what are you going with this, b/c outside of gods and some other heroes it makes perfect sense for characters connected to the Red, Green, Blue and whatever else to have significant power since they are connected to nature, life, and death...

You don't know much about Animal Man but you know he had good runs; how do you know this if you don't know much about Animal Man ...that's rhetorical btw.

Then you should have said I wished she was getting more overall development in JLA instead of just her powers getting highlighted.

Stop being obtuse, there's nothing more annoying than someone pretending to be dumb, you know what I meant, Amaya is an original character who has no connection to comics parading around with Mari's necklace and hero name.

There you go, I explained it, just in case you weren't pretending.
    Uhm, I don't think you actually read my comment? That's pretty much what I said. And everyone knows about Morrison's Animal Man. Even Lemire's run was well-regarded. Vixen doesn't have a comparable run.

I'm really liking what they're doing with Vixen's mythology on Legends! Adding Amaya and Kuasa to Mari's support cast/rogues gallery, introducing the different totems, tying Zari to Vixen...etc. It's been pretty awesome!

Today's episode of Legends revealed that there's a mysterious 6th totem out there. Im curious to find out what it is and who posseses it. So far we have:

Spirit: Amaya/Mari
    Wind: Zari
    Water: Kuasa
    Fire: In a museum
    Earth: Unknown
    ???: Unknown
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm really liking what they're doing with Vixen's mythology on Legends! Adding Amaya and Kuasa to Mari's support cast/rogues gallery, introducing the different totems, tying Zari to Vixen...etc. It's been pretty awesome!

Today's episode of Legends revealed that there's a mysterious 6th totem out there. Im curious to find out what it is and who posseses it. So far we have:

Spirit: Amaya/Mari
    Wind: Zari
    Water: Kuasa
    Fire: In a museum
    Earth: Unknown
    ???: Unknown
    I agree the show has gone a long way to expand Totem/Vixen's family history

Also, the fire totem was destroyed by Vixen in the animated series.

Okay but can we get Mari on legends now?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Okay but can we get Mari on legends now?
    I remember someone said she was gonna show up.

Also, the fire totem was destroyed by Vixen in the animated series.
    They're probably going to have go back in the past to get it way before Eshu nabbed it.
    I remember someone said she was gonna show up.
    I believe Guggenheim said they were trying to get Megalyn back but it wasn't a definite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're probably going to have go back in the past to get it way before Eshu nabbed it.

I believe Guggenheim said they were trying to get Megalyn back but it wasn't a definite thing.
    So conflicted about Guggenheim...on one hand TV's Vixen is on point but I dislike his X-Men Gold.

It's like having good sex with someone you don't like.