Page 663 of 808 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713763 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, other than the name I don't know that we'd really notice the difference. Old Man Logan has been treated like he was the one and only Wolverine since Secret Wars.
    Goddamit Old Man Logan! - Though I did appreciate the fact that Taylor established and acknowledged a relationship between Laura and OML during Civil War- the fact that they don't really get along shows me that Taylor probably also dislikes that he's been treated as the same character and therefore wanted to show a difference
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member

As did I.

In fact, I'm trying to remember when the last time she got to play a significant role in ANY major event. Everything I can think of since Second Coming she's been shoveled off to tie-ins, or only getting a panel here or there.

As the current Wolverine, and more importantly Logan's DAUGHTER (they both acknowledge it, and there's the paperwork to prove it) if she doesn't have a significant part to play in this it's a complete foul on Marvel's part. Which would be par for the course considering how badly they dropped the ball on her being Wolverine in the first place.
    I askes Zub. And shes involved in the events but ther keeping it huss huss for now. But she wont be in madrapoor.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I askes Zub. And shes involved in the events but ther keeping it huss huss for now. But she wont be in madrapoor.
    Im guessing a tie in arc once Old women Laura wraps in her solo
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Im guessing a tie in arc once Old women Laura wraps in her solo
    She needs to be front and center in the main event. Laura hasn't gotten to play a significant role in an event since Second Coming.

During AvX she was stuck in the Avengers Academy tie-in. She was virtually sidelined in Trial of Jean Grey so Gamora and Angela could do everything in her skill set. She spent all of Black Vortex either unconscious (ESPECIALLY ridiculous because she was the ONLY character disabled like that. AND SHE WAS THE ONE WITH THE @#$%ING HEALING FACTOR) or trapped in amber. Death of Wolverine she only got to appear in the tie-in books, which weren't particularly important to what else was happening in the Marvel U at the time (and then she got punked by Mystique via massive PiS). During Original Sin she was stuck with the O5 in that shithole Ultimate Universe. I don't think she even appeared in No More Humans (though THAT, at least, makes sense; if there's no humans, Laura couldn't exist because there would be no one to make her). She appeared in precisely ONE panel in the ENTIRE Secret Wars event (and it was a tie-in). She only got a couple wallpaper appearances in Civil War II before her solo's tie-in took her out of the event entirely. Her appearances in IvX were token, and badly-written, besides. And yet AGAIN she only got a single panel during Secret Empire, which makes her "reward" from Kobik for standing up to Stevil almost meaningless (seriously, how much more profound would it have been had she been at the heart of the fighting from the start?).

Honestly, other than the name I don't know that we'd really notice the difference. Old Man Logan has been treated like he was the one and only Wolverine since Secret Wars.
    Alternate time line versions of folk who are actually dead being treated like the original folk is......fairly common. Kind of expected even.
    Logan struggled with accepting AoA Kurt wasn't OUR Kurt during Liu's Astonishing iirc.
    Rachel continually struggled with her "parents" not being the people she knew.
    It was a mixed reception when Illyana came back. The "2.0" debate. Lord knows Colossus wasn't letting ANYONE argue the validity of her return. haha.

But anyhow, everyone needs to WAKE UP and realize this guy ISN'T THEIR LOGAN.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Lauras small role in Cable concluded today. Cable #154 was ok.
    X-Men Forever

She needs to be front and center in the main event. Laura hasn't gotten to play a significant role in an event since Second Coming.

During AvX she was stuck in the Avengers Academy tie-in. She was virtually sidelined in Trial of Jean Grey so Gamora and Angela could do everything in her skill set. She spent all of Black Vortex either unconscious (ESPECIALLY ridiculous because she was the ONLY character disabled like that. AND SHE WAS THE ONE WITH THE @#$%ING HEALING FACTOR) or trapped in amber. Death of Wolverine she only got to appear in the tie-in books, which weren't particularly important to what else was happening in the Marvel U at the time (and then she got punked by Mystique via massive PiS). During Original Sin she was stuck with the O5 in that shithole Ultimate Universe. I don't think she even appeared in No More Humans (though THAT, at least, makes sense; if there's no humans, Laura couldn't exist because there would be no one to make her). She appeared in precisely ONE panel in the ENTIRE Secret Wars event (and it was a tie-in). She only got a couple wallpaper appearances in Civil War II before her solo's tie-in took her out of the event entirely. Her appearances in IvX were token, and badly-written, besides. And yet AGAIN she only got a single panel during Secret Empire, which makes her "reward" from Kobik for standing up to Stevil almost meaningless (seriously, how much more profound would it have been had she been at the heart of the fighting from the start?).
    Considering how abysmally bad the Original Sin tie in was for Uncanny, I wouldn't complain about this particular omission. I call it dodging a bullet - that tie in was the absolute worst part of Bendis's Uncanny run, and it isn't even close. I'd even say it's worse than the next 3 low points combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Considering how abysmally bad the Original Sin tie in was for Uncanny, I wouldn't complain about this particular omission. I call it dodging a bullet - that tie in was the absolute worst part of Bendis's Uncanny run, and it isn't even close. I'd even say it's worse than the next 3 low points combined.
    Honestly, complaining your favorite character isn't featured prominently in any event, is like complaining they were denied the opportunity to swim through %$#@.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

The point being she's been screwed over when it comes to events, even when she SHOULD have had a role.

BANNED

Incidentally, Kyle has weighed in on Laura's Wolverine future, and if it was his choice he'd Laura would just go by her name and not use a code name at all. Taylor appears to concur.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Incidentally, Kyle has weighed in on Laura's Wolverine future, and if it was his choice he'd Laura would just go by her name and not use a code name at all.
    Her trying to do her own thing makes scense. And might be good dependent on how she relinquish the title. Also there no point in having a code name if the entire public knows who you are.

If she gives it up call her Ronin and make her a global hero or covert ops with sage and pete wisdom

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Incidentally, Kyle has weighed in on Laura's Wolverine future, and if it was his choice he'd Laura would just go by her name and not use a code name at all. Taylor appears to concur.
    You know if Logan takes back his mantle as the one true Wolverine I am all for Laura getting her own with her own supporting but not like how Liu did it and it was so obvious that it was done incase Laura and whatever cast they saddled her could not help her sell well.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Her trying to do her own thing makes scense. And might be good dependent on how she relinquish the title. Also there no point in having a code name if the entire public knows who you are.

If she gives it up call her Ronin and make her a global hero or covert ops with sage and pete wisdom
    Ronin would be a terrible name and I’m so glad her book wasn’t called that

Just thinking how BOLD it would be for Marvel to launch a series simply entitled "Laura".

It'd be set-up to fail, no doubt, but... wow.

BANNED

I prefer codenames in most instances tbh. I think it's a big part of the superhero identity. Seems silly to have a costume and powers and not have an identity associated with it. X-23 is a regression, but if not Wolverine, then Talon or Ronin work for me. I'm sure there are other options too, but I'm yet to hear any that sound good