Page 299 of 473 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 7090

Henry Cavill? I really do not see Cyclops...he is also pretty old with 40, isn't he?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Henry Cavill? I really do not see Cyclops...he is also pretty old with 40, isn't he?
    Having a kid Tye Sheridan play Cyclops didn’t do much for the character. Since the comics are all about resurrections, it might be better to get a well known actor like Henry Cavill to play Cycloos. Whenever he loses his looks or leaves the part, the character can be killed off and resurrected to be portrayed by an actor who still looks good.

Most of the actors in the MCU who did their parts well we’re not that young to begin with. Not the leading actors

Too tired to read posts right now—I just pulled an all-nighter—but I will do so and reply later. I just wanted to pop in and cheer mama! Just spread the love for this all over, ya know?

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Having a kid Tye Sheridan play Cyclops didn’t do much for the character. Since the comics are all about resurrections, it might be better to get a well known actor like Henry Cavill to play Cycloos. Whenever he loses his looks or leaves the part, the character can be killed off and resurrected to be portrayed by an actor who still looks good.

Most of the actors in the MCU who did their parts well we’re not that young to begin with. Not the leading actors
    I doubt we'll have resurrections in the movies, they may use another plot device to get a younger actor (if they do pick Cavill, and saying that it is likely he could play an older Cyke from an alternate timeline/reality) ,but I don't think it will be through resurrection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I doubt we'll have resurrections in the movies, they may use another plot device to get a younger actor (if they do pick Cavill, and saying that it is likely he could play an older Cyke from an alternate timeline/reality) ,but I don't think it will be through resurrection.
    Fox used timeline reboot to do resurrections. So they have happened in the movies before. Xavier transferring his mind into a delicate body was a resurrection as well. Plus I can’t imagine Feige would let the books develop resurrection so much if there wasn’t plans for it ultimately live actions and cartoons. He is Marvel’s chief creative officer.

Astonishing Member

Fox used timeline reboot to do resurrections. So they have happened in the movies before. Xavier transferring his mind into a delicate body was a resurrection as well. Plus I can’t imagine Feige would let the books develop resurrection so much if there wasn’t plans for it ultimately live actions and cartoons. He is Marvel’s chief creative officer.
    I don't disagree with the time travel or the mind update it has been done ,but it wasn't a literal resurrection.(by which I am referring to resurrection protocols ,the kind on Krakoa)Besides getting a new actor through a literal resurrection would mean the comic protocols are in the movie.I have doubts we'll get Krakoa to that degree ,but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I love Pepe Larraz art!

Well he doesn't look old and he's the type of actor we need to redeem cyclops' portrayal in the fox movies

The same thing should happen to a lot of characters including Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I love seeing Queen Jean here crush it! She looks amazing doing it too, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Larraz is one of the, if not the best Jean artist of the modern era. I go back and forth between he and Dautermann and while Dautermann's Jean is gorgeous, Larraz is more expressive and dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Larraz is one of the, if not the best Jean artist of the modern era. I go back and forth between he and Dautermann and while Dautermann's Jean is gorgeous, Larraz is more expressive and dynamic
    I love it all!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I didn't noticed he was being Phoenix-powered! lol When are writers going to stop giving her stuff to their current favorite character for gods sake.
    I am not quite willing to say he was Phoenix powered. Yes, he had a fiery aura and weird speech bubbles. But he was powered by trillions of believers that supercharged him into being a cosmic being. Sinister says it himself. And that point Exodus would not need the Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I thought Gillen would be above this, but to be honest it's the same old thing. Can't help themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Look carefully guys the phoenix powered individual is sitting on Exodus shoulder, this is his form when powered by the belief of others as stated by sinister in the second page.

Oooooh! Thanks for pointing that out. I definitely needed to look closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why are Storm fans so..what’s the world insecure?

There’s no argument about the pink form. Teen jean was just a younger adult jean and adult Jean gained all her memories and experiences from her younger self that had been locked away up until that point in Extermination.

The freaking head editor corroborates this by saying she can still do it but hasnt chosen to.

Jean being powerful doesnt take away from Storm, but some Storm fans are just so petty/insecure. I can’t.

Of course the denials of what the intention will come, certain fans will always turn things into a chest puffing contest. Because Storm needs to be the baddest bitch on the block. We know what the intent is here.
    Ah cool. I oversaw this too. I think it will probably be Hope as the Phoenix host after everything that has been established so far.

I think the idea that Exodus' power increase exponentially through his believers is such a great idea, by the way. Wished Jean would have gotten that new psychic power. ;-p
    They'd just take it from her and say maybe she could do it if she ever thought about using it again ever.

Was just coming to comment all this!

I definitely think that's Hope and I'm telling you guys now if Gillen is uses Jean to highlight his pet as THE Phoenix host, I'm dropping his books. I genuinely don't care if Hope becomes the Phoenix, I don't think it will do anything for her character, but I don't care. I just want Jean's history to be respected, yet for some reason the only stories any writer want to tell is about their faves gaining the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Very true, I think his power signature for her is about the only thing I don't consistently like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love seeing Queen Jean here crush it! She looks amazing doing it too, lol!
    Sure does!

Someone post that final image of Cyclops, Synch, and Jean she looked heavenly!

If Jean reunites as Phoenix, would the QC want her back in a seat?