Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It felt like filler just to pad the book until the Ultimate Heist storyline launched.
    How is this filler? This is the resolution of a storyline that started in the first issue! Do people even know what "filler" is anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    How is this filler? This is the resolution of a storyline that started in the first issue! Do people even know what "filler" is anymore?
    can comic even have filler since everything is canon? filler is noticeable in anime and manga but comics isnt like that cause everything matters when it needs to
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    can comic even have filler since everything is canon? filler is noticeable in anime and manga but comics isnt like that cause everything matters when it needs to
    I guess there are inventory stories, but those aren't really much of a thing anymore.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    I didn’t say it was filler, but that it felt like filler. Yes, I do know what filler is. I know this story began in the first issue from the 2019 series, but felt like it wasn’t ready to come to its conclusion yet. I just felt there was more to say, and felt this story was published to make time for the Heist storyline Jed’s writing this summer.

Funny thing is that Dragon Ball gets often cited as an example of that in anime, but Toriyama-sama's view is that it's all canon... whether it fits into a single timeline or not. In fact DBZ has a massive time travel paradox that seems to involve at least THREE timelines... in a single story(the Cell games). Yeah, there's the present timeline, a bad future that Trunks comes from, and a WORSE future that Cell comes from. For extra bizarreness it has a really weird paradox created by having the same time machine from two different timelines in the same room. At which point Trunks comes to the conclusion that his alternate future self died, 'cause it's definitely HIS time machine.

Anyways the events of the Lord slug movie aren't from the same timeline as the main series... but... they still happened. Which would seem to mean that Slug exists or existed in the main timeline... and so on for the other movies. Dragon Ball Super actually has a massive number of subtle nods to the DBZ movies. Tree of Might: one of the guys from Universe 9 uses something very similar to the fruit. Heck at one point Freiza makes an oblique reference to what might be Cooler. And of course Broly... lots of Broly.

There's another definition of filler in fiction though and that.. is a very subjective one, but sometimes true. IE padding for length. Which can be a thing in comics. Some old comics had a very non-subtle way of doing it. Take one page worth of story and do a 2-page drawing of it. It looks cool, but it's not really needed to tell the story. Or stick in a bonus page of exposition... etc...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Seven days without a post? INCONCEIVABLE!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Seven days without a post? INCONCEIVABLE!!
    Yeah, that is a real shame. Looking forward to seeing how the Infinity Heist turns out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

well she did show up in spider-shadow 3 fighting with mj. that was nice wonder if they had similar conversations in the past

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

well she did show up in spider-shadow 3 fighting with mj. that was nice wonder if they had similar conversations in the past
    That would be interesting. I did like how their relationship became less hostile and more amiable over time, at least once Felicia realized that Peter really did love Mary Jane and vice versa.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting. I did like how their relationship became less hostile and more amiable over time, at least once Felicia realized that Peter really did love Mary Jane and vice versa.
    They even hang out occasinally.
    Peter parker senses be tingling

I'd like to see McKay write them together if only because of all the snide remarks Felicia has made about how much she resents redheads .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see McKay write them together if only because of all the snide remarks Felicia has made about how much she resents redheads .
    I would like that.
    They should be more snarky friends imo rather than actual enemies since they both came to an understanding and are cool with each other.

eb benes

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    eb benes

Flirting Felicia .

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    eb benes

Spider Sense gotta be tingling now