Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Glad they got rid of the visor on Silencer’s costume. She looks way better without it.

Love the Terrifics cover! Wonder if they’re all new characters or obscure villains.
    In the comis, the Silencer still has her visor; it depends on the artists. Then again, considering what her nanode is capable off, I guess she can have two settings for her costume.

Concerning the Dreadfuls, they all come from one of the parallel Earth already explored (the one with the Vampire Justice League, the Metallic and the one with gender swapped heroes, I suspect). But I'm willing to bet that they are new characters.

And yeah this cover is glorious.

Astonishing Member

Want to throw my love and respect for the New Age of Heroes characters, especially the new creations. Loved something about all of them!

I also want to concur on the general reader-base's aversion to anything new being a big culprit in the line's general downfall. The storys and characters were, by and large and in one way, another, or more, solid. But the general reader-base is adverse to anything new; there are exceptions, but they tend to reinforce the norm rather than disprove it due to lack of consistency in where, how, and why they come up. This did more damage than good in the long run. And it makes me steam a bit whenever I see someone say they want more brand-new characters and concepts instead of legacies, and yet anything that fits the bill of new-ness never gets any recognition or isn't "good enough".

Also, cast me in with the lot of those who felt The Immortal Men ended long before its time. It's like an epic adventure story that sets up an awesome world with so much more to come, that ends up ending too soon, after only the first book or two. I fell so deeply in love with that book.

This is the first I heard that it was so plagued with internal politics, explaining why it ended sooner than it should have. Most of the other books, that weren't explicit minis, lasted a full year or more, complete with an Annual. There's no reason that this one was singled early for cancellation, other than artist-related drama.

Also concur that Caden Park and Ghost Fist were both awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Concerning the Dreadfuls, they all come from one of the parallel Earth already explored (the one with the Vampire Justice League, the Metallic and the one with gender swapped heroes, I suspect). But I'm willing to bet that they are new characters. .
    The Dreadfuls are all from the Earths visited by Java in that issue. The Vampire Plastic Man is from Earth-43, the robotic Metamorpho is from Earth-44 and the gothed up Phantom Girl is from Earth-13. I think it's still a Phantom Girl but just a little more androgynous. They do all look to be new characters, considering we've never really seen anything from Earths 13 or 43, and not much of 43 beyond what was in the Red Rain trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The Dreadfuls are all from the Earths visited by Java in that issue. The Vampire Plastic Man is from Earth-43, the robotic Metamorpho is from Earth-44 and the gothed up Phantom Girl is from Earth-13. I think it's still a Phantom Girl but just a little more androgynous. They do all look to be new characters, considering we've never really seen anything from Earths 13 or 43, and not much of 43 beyond what was in the Red Rain trilogy.
    Well, on Twitter Bogdanovic (the artist), called him Phantom Boy, hence why I said he's gender swapped; I too felt it was an androginous girl, I guess we'll have to wait for his/her official branding later this month.

Huh, ok. I guess it is a guy if the artist called him that.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

This is the first I heard that it was so plagued with internal politics, explaining why it ended sooner than it should have. Most of the other books, that weren't explicit minis, lasted a full year or more, complete with an Annual. There's no reason that this one was singled early for cancellation, other than artist-related drama.

Also concur that Caden Park and Ghost Fist were both awesome!
    Well, I just know for sure that Jim Lee didn't even finish the art of the first issue, and I think that things went downhill from there. BUt it's a damn shame, because Tyler Kirkham killed on the last three issues. I would love to see him as a regular artist in a big book some day !

Huh, ok. I guess it is a guy if the artist called him that.
    Well, I feel that Bogdanovic's artstyle make it really more masculine than fully androginous, but I guess it could change in the future.

If he has Plastic Man’s powers plus vampire abilities he’ll be ridiculously powerful. Though being a vampire also brings weaknesses to exploit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, I just know for sure that Jim Lee didn't even finish the art of the first issue, and I think that things went downhill from there. BUt it's a damn shame, because Tyler Kirkham killed on the last three issues. I would love to see him as a regular artist in a big book some day !
    Woah! Definitely hadn't realized it was that bad, to the point their star artist failed to complete the first issue!

It's shame, no matter how you slice it, it seems.

What's this ? Artist consistency in a New Age of Heroes book ?

Sneak peak for the issue 16 of The Silencer, by V Ken Marion, which means that he'll be on the title for four issues in a row, a first since Bogdanovic (even if Jack Herbert did three normal issues and the Annual, so three artists did at least four issues by now). Still not as good as Rocafort who draw most of the Sideways' issues, but not bad.

Astonishing Member

Glad something other than The Terrifics is still continuing! I also think Damage's concept is gonna permit its continued existence.

Hope Sideways does end up returning, though, since he's also a shoe-in for DC with everything he's got going for him.

Wasn't the "Entrigan"/"Superman" Justice League in Multiversity from Earth-13?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Glad something other than The Terrifics is still continuing! I also think Damage's concept is gonna permit its continued existence.

Hope Sideways does end up returning, though, since he's also a shoe-in for DC with everything he's got going for him.
    I'm still hoping that Derek will make a return in the next Crisi-level event that Snyder is brewing. I mean, he has all the check-list for that :

• His life was changed by the events of Metal, which led to the Source Wall being broken
    • He can travel through places and dimensions, even to the Dark Multiverse
    • He's friend with Dark Multiverse versions of Superman's supporting cast and a travelling Superman
    • He's stumbled upon an evil company who wants to harness the energy of the Dark Multiverse and possibly as its eyes on the Source Wall energy
    • He's friend with one of the successors of the Monitors
    • He's been a temporary member of the Seven Soldiers of Mystery

Honestly, if it isn't enough to warrant at least a small role in the next crisis and then a relaunch, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wasn't the "Entrigan"/"Superman" Justice League in Multiversity from Earth-13?
    Yeah, it is the world of Superdemon and the League of Shadows. I meant anything beyond what we've seen in Multiversity. We saw so little of it and it's so overwhelming original large swaths of it are completely game for anyone who wants to write it.

Yeah, it is the world of Superdemon and the League of Shadows. I meant anything beyond what we've seen in Multiversity. We saw so little of it and it's so overwhelming original large swaths of it are completely game for anyone who wants to write it.
    I'm actually a little bummed out by how mundane and still too close to Earth Prime those other universes are.

I would have loved for Multiversity to introduce worlds were there can be widly various histories (like the Qin ruled over China for more than an Emperor and a half a conquered most of Eurasia) or strange différences (two kind of humans, normal sized and either taller/smaller ones so as to highlight easily social préjudices and the like), that kind of things. As it is, I find the normal Multiverse a little too derivative of the main continuity when it should be wilder IMHO.

Astonishing Member

These books did all sort of seem like they were going to bend back around to some kind of New Age of Heroes Crossover (to varying degrees, of course). And there was certainly plenty of neat overlap in them as to how that might progress - Hawkman turning up in Unexpected (METAL), as well as Mandrakk (FINAL CRISIS) and the nature of Bad Samaritan. The whole shebang with Terrifics - Michael and Eel (METAL) continuing on, incorporating Rex (Outsiders, last detailed in METAL) and bringing in all that Multiversity fun (MULTIVERSITY). Sideways powers (METAL) leading him to interact with New 52 Superman and a bunch more strange Supermen (ACTION, by way of MULTIVERSITY?). Silencer goes deep on a neo-incarnation of Leviathan that I'm sure will get some play in the near future (MORRISON, then BENDIS).

All these books have links to that "Council of Immortals" stuff from Metal - Hawkman, Talia al Ghul, so on, so forth.

So while most of the books are ending, many ended real fast because of pretty slip-shot execution or lack of interest, what we do know is that Scott Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE will be looping back around to a big Season 1 ending event that would be a great place to serve as the De Facto place for the crossover to explain what the heck was up with all these books and stories. And it's Justice League so it's not like "too many characters to touch base with" is really that huge a problem for it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com