Page 53 of 865 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest books:

Hey, Empowered vol. 1! Can I ask where you got it from and how much you paid?

I got Cape Horn delivered today. I'm one of those people who has 100s of things in their Amazon basket 'saved for later' and I have often used this thread (and its predecessor) to decide what to get. It was all the pics of Humanoids books that convinced me to get this one, so I'm returning the favour with some more pics.

Firstly, it's a big book! Remember Chew has a slipcase adding to its height.

They're the same height, but Cape Horn is wider.

Came shrink-wrapped, and in perfect condition from Amazon. (Twin Peaks in the background lol)

TBC...

Continued...

Nicely bound and has a ribbon bookmark. (Twin Peaks now merely a reflection)

Opens perfectly and lies flat throughout, very easy read.

Not read any of it yet, but the art is terrific!

All in all, a very high quality book.

Has anyone read Remender's Crawl Space? Just wondering how the omnibus is.

Fantastic Member

Got a bunch of great new books in this past week. Unpictured is Daredevil OHC Vol. 1 by Mark Waid because I forgot to put it in there.

20140528_144403_LLS.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Has anyone read Remender's Crawl Space? Just wondering how the omnibus is.
    I read some of Sorrow, which is included. It was great and has amazing black and white Francavilla interiors. I stopped reading it when the Crawl Space Omnibus was announced because I pre-ordered it immediately and figured I'd wait for that to come to read it. Dont know how good the rest of it is, but I've heard good things about Sea of Red, which is included as well. Remender has yet to let me down, so im anticipating it in my monthly DCBS shipment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ripclaw View Post
    Hey, Empowered vol. 1! Can I ask where you got it from and how much you paid?
    Yeah, of course! eBay, Austrian seller, about $60

Yeah, of course! eBay, Austrian seller, about $60
    Thank you, Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I read some of Sorrow, which is included. It was great and has amazing black and white Francavilla interiors. I stopped reading it when the Crawl Space Omnibus was announced because I pre-ordered it immediately and figured I'd wait for that to come to read it. Dont know how good the rest of it is, but I've heard good things about Sea of Red, which is included as well. Remender has yet to let me down, so im anticipating it in my monthly DCBS shipment.
    I'm also a big time Remender fan and have read nearly all of his work so I went ahead and ordered it on IST. Glad to see you enjoy the stories!

My latest books:

Great haul. Beautiful Darkness and The End are fantastic. So is pretty much the rest you got there that I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    OK guys: I just got the answer from german author Alexander Braun who is on the project for Taschen. It will not be the original Sunday Press Book size but a bit smaller (so I think we can assume the 13x17 inches mentioned before should be correct, could also be 13x18 if it's similar to DC 75 years of comics, something in that size range, that's for sure). The main reason is, that there's no one able to do a machine binding for a book of this size (so great, it won't be glued. haha! ok we expected it to be sewn, didn't we?). There are Asian companys able to do a hand sewn binding with OK costs, but not for these large print runs (So every book this size we've seen so far is hand sewn, nice insight). More infos: There will be an additional 150 pages for editorial content and the hole thing will have a linnen binding and a cardboard slipcase (probably quite similar to DC 75 years of comics). Hope these infos help. My preorder is done!
    Thanks for that info. Sounds like a big mf'er! $200 though...dang...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I got Cape Horn delivered today. I'm one of those people who has 100s of things in their Amazon basket 'saved for later' and I have often used this thread (and its predecessor) to decide what to get. It was all the pics of Humanoids books that convinced me to get this one, so I'm returning the favour with some more pics.

Firstly, it's a big book! Remember Chew has a slipcase adding to its height.

They're the same height, but Cape Horn is wider.
    [img]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u447/Rory426/image1.jpeg[/img

Came shrink-wrapped, and in perfect condition from Amazon. (Twin Peaks in the background lol)
    [img]http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u447/Rory426/image2.jpeg[/img

TBC...
    Good to see you back here again. I'll put the pics up on the pics and vids post on the first page of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Got a bunch of great new books in this past week. Unpictured is Daredevil OHC Vol. 1 by Mark Waid because I forgot to put it in there.

20140528_144403_LLS.jpg
    I would love to hear your thoughts on Andre the Giant.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Member

I would love to hear your thoughts on Andre the Giant.
    Ill post my opinion after I read it. Currently in the midst of reading Cerebus for the first time, but I'm due for a break from that in a few issues when I hit #100, so Ill probably read it then. Im actually not a fan of Andre for his wrestling (Ive never seen a single match of it and never liked it), but im coming at it as someone who is just interested in his life in general. That may color my thoughts, but it got so much hype it was impossible to pass up on it for about $10.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I haven't read it yet but the quality of the book is really impressive. Also it's a limited edition so hurry up! It will become rare as Umbrella Academy slipcased editions
    Could you post some pics of it in the Dark horse hardcover thread? I'm very interested and I bet evry DH hardcover fan wants a looksie
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I've popped all that amazing info and Euro comic recommendations from MartinNL in its own thread here:

http://community.comicbookresources....er-Euro-Comics

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I've popped all that amazing info and Euro comic recommendations from MartinNL in its own thread here:

http://community.comicbookresources....er-Euro-Comics
    I already thought they were deleted... lol... good to see them get their own thread. Better move those two posts by victor and my reply there too. Thx NZ!