Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Two new titles have been announced, with another on the way.

THE SUPER-MAN #1
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by INAKI MIRANDA
    Cover by INAKI MIRANDA
    Variant cover by DAVID FINCH and MATT BANNING

Following the events of "Darkseid War" Lex Luthor is the most powerful man in the world, literally! Lex is determined to be greatest hero Earth has ever known, but old habits die hard.

SUPERWOMAN #1
    Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art by TONY KONDOS
    Cover by BEN OLIVER
    Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER

With her life changed forever, Lois Lane leaves the Daily Planet behind to become a full time superhero but how will the Pre-Flashpoint Lois Lane feel about Lois using her husband's powers?

Both sound beyond awful, though I do like Azzarello.
    for the love of god this is true?

meredith finch writing Lois? Lois can't have a damn break, this is so awful

i'm ok with Azzarello writing lex as superman

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Super Sons? 2.99?! Superwoman? Old school Superboy? Lex the most powerful man in the world? Classic numbering?

What's going on?! I need writers and artist asap because I'm in this crazy limbo of "I'm gonna buy so many Superman books" and "this might be the worst thing ever".

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    for the love of god this is true?

meredith finch writing Lois? Lois can't have a damn break, this is so awful

i'm ok with Azzarello writing lex as superman
    I can't find these anywhere, on BC or on Twitter. I got no clue where Ina is coming from with this.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I knew they'd end up giving Luthor powers for a while! I have mixed feelings about this. I think it makes sense given the course of his character development and at the same time I REALLY hope they maintain his villainy. No matter what good Luthor may do for a while, there's something rotten at the core of him.

Let's see how this goes.

The Super Man sounded silly but I'm a fan of Azzarello and can see it work.

Superwoman though... I love Lois but she deserves a lot better than Finch

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That sounds...interesting so far.

The Positives:

ACTION resuming it's old numbering. (along with Detective) Those two titles should have NEVER have been renumbered in the first place,however...at least we WILL get an ACTION #1000 in the next few years.

Lower price point. Yes SUPERMAN and ACTION are going twice monthly,but the lower price makes it easier to swallow.

A solo Lex Luthor book written by Azzarello? I'm in for at least the first issue.

A solo Lois Lane title....great....well ...maybe not...

Kara is back in a regular title!

The Negatives:

Meridith Finch writing a Super powered Lois Lane?? Totally misses the point of the character. Plus Finch's WW work has been rough.

Superman and Action BOTH twice monthly??? even at only 3 dollars a pop, I may have to pick one or the other. Hope it's not weekly in terms of continuity (ala Triangle era)

Who gets the feeling from the SUPERWOMAN solicit that Pre-Flashpoint Superman is not long for this world and Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Jon may be left behind? If so it brings back memories of the unfortunate end of EARTH 2 Supes/Kal-L at the end of INFINITE CRISIS.

The fact Lois is getting a solo at all is a big positive for the character. But its hardly a sure thing, so the idea that a project like this in of itself would draw A-list talent is being completely unrealistic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

A solo Lois Lane title....great....well ...maybe not...
    absolutely not good, at least if written be meredith

then the book fails and it will be because lois lane doesn't sell, well done DC.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Who gets the feeling from the SUPERWOMAN solicit that Pre-Flashpoint Superman is not long for this world and Pre-Flashpoint Lois and Jon may be left behind? If so it brings back memories of the unfortunate end of EARTH 2 Supes/Kal-L at the end of INFINITE CRISIS.
    With all the "we're bringing it back" sentiment behind this, that's the last thing I expect at the moment, though he might get sidelined.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So we're about an hour and a half out from the start of DC's presentation at ComicsPro, where it's basically universally agreed we'll be getting the Rebirth announcement and initial news. I'll be updating this initial post with whatever Superman information comes out. You have just a few hours left to whip yourselves into previously unheard-of heights of paranoid terror/nigh-delusional optimism.

Update #1: While the rest of the books are restarting at #1, Action Comics (along with Detective) is reverting to original numbering, starting with issue #957. Additionally, all books are returning to $2.99, and there's currently unspecified talk of returning the concept of 'legacy' and 'the essence of the characters'. A sihlouette image features what appears to be old-school Superboy (jacket and all), and either a Supergirl redesign or a new Supergirl/Superwoman character.

Update #2: Okay, this might be the big one. The titles for June we can reasonably expect to involve the Man of Tomorrow - sans creative teams and concepts for now - include:

Superman (shipping twice monthly)

Action Comics (twice monthly, and again, starting at #957)

Justice League (twice monthly)

The Super-Man (monthly, reports this is a Luthor-centric book by Brian Azzarello and Inaki Miranda but this is currently unconfirmed)

Justice League America (twice monthly, title is presumably a misprint of Justice League of America)

Supergirl (monthly)

Superwoman (monthly, reports this is a book starring Lois as a superhero - maybe specifically having taken the pre-Flashpoint Superman's powers - by Meridith Finch and Tony Kondos but this is currently unconfirmed)

Super Sons (monthly)

Trinity (monthly)

Plus Rebirth Specials for Superman, Justice League, Supergirl and Trinity.
    so going by this i will supose that the bimonthly thing is so that each superman have 2 titles solo so pfp gets 2 actions (action and superman) and n52 gets 2 superman (action and superman)

my question now is were the superleague fits in all this, cause i dont think it will be throw out the window

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    SUPERWOMAN #1
    Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art by TONY KONDOS
    Cover by BEN OLIVER
    Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER

With her life changed forever, Lois Lane leaves the Daily Planet behind to become a full time superhero but how will the Pre-Flashpoint Lois Lane feel about Lois using her husband's powers?
    Anyone know who Tony Kondos is? Any samples of his work?

I reeaaaaaaaaaaly don't want Finch writing this, and I don't want superpowered Lois. I want intrepid reporter Lois Lane. Is this an attempt to Spider-Gwen and Jane Foster "Thor" Lois? I don't like it. Sigh. Sorry for being a downer.
    Last edited by misslane; 02-18-2016 at 04:54 PM.

I'm imagining Superdad is just going to lose all his powers and be normal. I don't think they'll kill him off. Its always a possibility I suppose, but I'm not seeing it as likely. Its actually kinda a positive for him as that version of Superman deep down wanted to be normal in the first place. He really had no joy of the gifts his Kryptonian heritage afforded him.

And yes, the thing with Lois has Spider-Gwen inspiration written all over it. But I can't blame them for taking a page from that what with how incredibly successful Spider-Gwen has been. That's not to say this is a guaranteed hit, but I can at least understand the motivation to try it. This will be one of those things though that if it doesn't see a strong positive response right off the bat will probably be canceled within six months or so and she'll go back to normal. So I still see it as a net positive.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    With all the "we're bringing it back" sentiment behind this, that's the last thing I expect at the moment, though he might get sidelined.
    Maybe it will be more of a "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" situation in which Lois and a depowered Clark raise their superpowered son in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He really had no joy of the gifts his Kryptonian heritage afforded him.
    I don't see how this is an even remotely accurate assessment of Post-Crisis Superman.
    Last edited by misslane; 02-18-2016 at 05:52 PM.

I grew up on this version of the character. Two decades worth of knowledge of him. With all due respect I have a hell of a lot more knowledge of him than a relative newcomer to comics. So I'm more than comfortable with that my statement. Its not intended to be an insult towards him, which you obviously took it as. Its simply fact. He was designed, from the ground up, and for the vast majority of his existence written as, being far more comfortable with Clark Kent and humanity than he EVER was with the powers he had and especially Krypton. Being normal will be a relief for this man.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-18-2016 at 04:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The fact Lois is getting a solo at all is a big positive for the character. But its hardly a sure thing, so the idea that a project like this in of itself would draw A-list talent is being completely unrealistic.
    I guess tom taylor, gail simone are A list. katryn immonen while not A-list is very solid and had a great run on Sif if the solo is completely different from what people want on lois and a bad creative team it is not good for the character.