Page 31 of 865 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    So I recently taught a couple of extra revision classes and have an extra £200 coming my way at the end of the month. Figured you guys might have a good idea of what to do with it

I'm thinking Sixth Gun, the huge Conan omnibus and the Peter Pan book from a few pages back. Any other suggestions? I have both Fear Agent books before someone justifiably recommends it!
    Sixth gun and Conan are indeed good choices. Hellboy library editions are also great books. Blacksad is also a great value
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

So I recently taught a couple of extra revision classes and have an extra £200 coming my way at the end of the month. Figured you guys might have a good idea of what to do with it

I'm thinking Sixth Gun, the huge Conan omnibus and the Peter Pan book from a few pages back. Any other suggestions? I have both Fear Agent books before someone justifiably recommends it!
    Nausicaä by Miyazaki?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Got several things in lately that I'm psyched about. A Complete Lowlife by Ed Brubaker isn't hardcover or oversized obviously, but it is really good so I left it in. It seems a lot like Stray Bullets except inspired by Brubaker's real life. It's crazy and I didnt know he could draw so well.
    nice! i really enjoyed 'like a sniper lining up his shot' and 'arctic marauder'. jacques tardi rules.

i have nao of brown but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Sixth gun and Conan are indeed good choices. Hellboy library editions are also great books. Blacksad is also a great value
    Oh and you might also want to check out the new Valiant deluxe editions, Harbinger is great, and I heard X-O Manowar and Bloodshot are also great (Archer & Armstrong comes out next week, the serie is great)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Sorry if this has been asked and answered (I searched and found nothing). Has there been any indication if we will be getting a volume 4 of the Invincible Library?
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered (I searched and found nothing). Has there been any indication if we will be getting a volume 4 of the Invincible Library?
    No news yet but you can always try Twittering Image and the creative team, altough the creative team doesn't know that stuff most of the time and Image doesn't really respond that often like Oni or Dark horse. But it's always worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    One new hardcover from IDW showed in Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-30-Day...idw+publishing

Also, I saw this memntioned, but don't remember a link, so...

http://www.amazon.com/League-Extraor...lf+productions
    I wish they'd do a slip case of this to match the DC Absolutes. Here's hoping that it's at least oversize.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Started reading Fear Agent today and I'm already like half way through the first Library Edition. Book is AMAZING.
    I think I read both volumes in two or three days. Amazing stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Question about LOEG Vol.3: Is this an OGN? Or does it collect previously released comics? What about Nemo comics?

EDIT: Ah i figured it out, it took me a few years but i realized the HC collects 1910, 2009 and 1962. I guess Nemo OHC/Collection will come out soon too?!
    I doubt soon. I believe Moore has other solo tales he wants to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    Is incognito worth a buy? Most people don't enjoy it as
    Much as the other books they have done... (Sleeper, criminal etc..)
    Incognito is great. Is it Sleeper or Criminal? No, but it's not far behind.
    The only independent work I recall not like by Brubaker is Scene of the Crime, one of his earlier works. Seemed kind of cliche. Others like it, though.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    nice! i really enjoyed 'like a sniper lining up his shot' and 'arctic marauder'. jacques tardi rules.

i have nao of brown but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I just read "The Nao of Brown" (yay library). The art was gorgeous, but I wasn't really taken with the story. But, the art is gorgeous (enough to mention twice), and presented beautifully.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Love the Hellboy books, got them all. I have Blacksad sitting on a shelf but haven't read it yet, might make that my next to read though.

Oh and you might also want to check out the new Valiant deluxe editions, Harbinger is great, and I heard X-O Manowar and Bloodshot are also great (Archer & Armstrong comes out next week, the serie is great)
    Cool thanks, I had been hearing good things about Valiant recently but didn't realise they had deluxe editions out.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Nausicaä by Miyazaki?
    Just looked this up, sounds up my street. One of the versions available looks stunning and the price is good too. I'll add that to the list. Sixth Gun, Conan, Peter Pan and no Nausicaä. That'll keep me going for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Personally, I dont like the idea of fragmenting things too much. I would prefer this thread just be primarily focused on non-big two publishers. I like just having to read one thread to be able to see all the good books coming out and get ideas for new things to read.
    Same here. Oh, well.

Just got a confirmation that there will be a Sixth gun deluxe hardcover vol 2!Attachment 1378
    Yay. Hopefully with a new price glitch. The first volume was one my sweetest deals ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
    Hells yes! I've been waiting both for Usagi monthlies to return and for further deluxe editions. The Fantagraphics collection was awesomely produced.
    That's great. I'm open to new Yojimbo sweetness, too! I would have preferred something like Fanta did, but anything will do.

Sixth Gun was a great deal with the price glitch at $15 or so, if you were paying full retail I'd be a bit more hesitant to recommend it. It is only 11 issues, even though its a cracking book. Great news on the second volume, hoping for another price glitch.

As for Incognito I really enjoyed it, I don't see how people ranking it behind Sleeper etc out of Brubakers collected works suddenly makes it a bad book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post

Yay. Hopefully with a new price glitch. The first volume was one my sweetest deals ever.
    ditto!

I'm well into the Colossal Conan now and it's some of the best Conan I've ever read. Busiek has a great handle on the character and his world.
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 05-08-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

Anyone else anticipating that Witzend collection coming from Fantagraphics? Anyone read any of it in any other form?

That Usagi Yojimbo news sounds really cool. Havings always seen the spine of that Fanta slipcover collection I always thought it was manga, which I never really ventured into. But it's actually a samurai rabbit. Awesome! Since that FBI collection is going for ridiculous prices I'll happily wait and see what Dark Horse will bring us. If they say volume 1, would that be the same as the stories released by Fantagraphics?

Not really sure what Witzend is. Seems popular on MMW board. Also great haul you got the other day johns me!

I enjoyed reading your review of Weapons of Mass Diplomacy Johnny. Still need to read it though but now looking even more forward to that.

As for Deviates' selection... I don't think you can go wrong with any of those titles. The ones I've read of those I would recommend. Peter Pan, Peter Pan, Peter Pan!! Really hope Soaring Penguin Press will get the rights to more of Loisel's work.