Page 772 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 27267272276276876977077177277377477577678282287212721772 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 75153

So Trumps new campaign manager. Bill Stepien has tested positive for covid. It just keeps going and going.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    What are the American courts like at seizing assets?

I half think he’ll have a jet ready waiting to take him to Mother Russia.
    Aggressive at it if you don't have enough to fight back even without charges, pathetically weak of you have enough to fight it, even with a criminal conviction.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’ve seen video clips of the super spreader soirée which included Droopy Dogg Barr chatting with Conway. After news dropped last night about her having come down with the virus, I’m sure he raced to his doctor like Usain Bolt to be tested this morning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I love how last night Fox news said there will be thousands of people outside Walter Reed supporting Trump and praying for him. This morning there was a huge crowd. All of six people.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I was talking to a friend who's a high school social studies teacher today and she said that while she doesn't wish death on Trump, she does hope he suffers enough from Covid to learn something, because he only seems to learn things when they effect him directly. So maybe if he feels what Chris Cuomo felt or what Ali Wentworth felt when they went through it, maybe he'll realize just how serious it is.
    Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if he (along with his associates) understood enough to protect himself better. But will he start applying that kind of effort nationwide for the rest of America's citizens? That's the million dollar question.

While he's not on the Senate Judiciary Committee... he will be required for the GOP to get 50 votes for a confirmation. With Collins and Murkowski already "no", they could only lose one more vote and still get across the finish line. No Johnson, Lee, or Tillis would leave the GOP only at 48. Even if Collins bailed in the final vote right now, they're still short one.

And as far as someone saying, "Well they show up sick, then."

The Congressional Sgt. at Arms is tasked with keeping all members of Congress safe. If someone tries to enter the chamber for a vote while sick, would it be wrong of Sen. Chuck Schumer to point out they were jeopardizing the health of the other 90+ members who aren't sick, and ask the Sgt. at Arms to remove them like a common MAGA twit from a Costco?

Because right now, we're talking legitimately about the line of succession being jeopardized by handling this irresponsibly. And while the GOP wants to run roughshod over all reason, rules, and Democratic norms, they're literally going to kill themselves and others in an attempt to steal a Supreme Court seat. It's beyond ghoulish, it's insane.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Because right now, we're talking legitimately about the line of succession being jeopardized by handling this irresponsibly. And while the GOP wants to run roughshod over all reason, rules, and Democratic norms, they're literally going to kill themselves and others in an attempt to steal a Supreme Court seat. It's beyond ghoulish, it's insane.
    Someone somewhere should speak solemnly to Mitch McConnell:

What profiteth a man if he screwed the pooch but lost his d-ck in the process?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    So Trumps new campaign manager. Bill Stepien has tested positive for covid. It just keeps going and going.
    On that note - Friendly reminder to everyone here: If you have a friend, associate, or loved one whom you know has more-or-less regularly been going to social hotspots (I don't care if it's just a hip restaurant) , stay the **** away from that person for the time being. Cause if the goddamned WHITE HOUSE with all its fancy safety measures couldn't detect who was compromised by the beer virus until it was too late, then I'm not banking on myself having a better "radar" in my laundry closet somewhere, let alone any of you fellas'.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 10-03-2020 at 06:52 AM.

While he's not on the Senate Judiciary Committee... he will be required for the GOP to get 50 votes for a confirmation. With Collins and Murkowski already "no", they could only lose one more vote and still get across the finish line. No Johnson, Lee, or Tillis would leave the GOP only at 48. Even if Collins bailed in the final vote right now, they're still short one.

And as far as someone saying, "Well they show up sick, then."

The Congressional Sgt. at Arms is tasked with keeping all members of Congress safe. If someone tries to enter the chamber for a vote while sick, would it be wrong of Sen. Chuck Schumer to point out they were jeopardizing the health of the other 90+ members who aren't sick, and ask the Sgt. at Arms to remove them like a common MAGA twit from a Costco?

I'm not certain, but they might be able to vote remotely or by proxies.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    On that note - Friendly reminder to everyone here: If you have a friend, associate, or loved one whom you know has more-or-less regularly been going to social hotspots (I don't care if it's just a hip restaurant) , stay the **** away from that person for the time being. Cause if the goddamned WHITE HOUSE with all its fancy safety measures couldn't detect who was compromised by the beer virus until it was too late, I'm not banking on myself having a better "radar" in my laundry closet somewhere, let alone any of you fellas'.
    My sister in law threw a party for my niece's bday. I didn't go. Several People got infected, including my sister in law's mother and her brother in law who later died of COVID complications. Worse still, she went out of state to attend a baseball tournament that my niece's were in (this was when she felt ill but before she received her COVID infection.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm not certain, but they might be able to vote remotely or by proxies.
    I could be wrong, but I thought Moscow Mitch nixed voting remotely. But, if things get desperate and he finds himself coming up short on votes, he’ll do an immediate 180 and allow it. As for Republicans showing up sick, yeah, they will, I have no doubt they’ll put their health and the health of everyone else at risk to vote in person.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

LOL. Seriously, as if the GOP didn't look ghoulish enough announcing they were replacing RBG the literal hour after she died?

Now they're gonna send people infected with a deadly disease into the Senate to potentially kill a bunch of other old-as-dirt senators.

"C'mon guys, we have to die for the cause of overturning the ACA and denying women their bodily autonomy!"
    Senate Democrats can say that they will agree to a two week delay, with the understanding that at least 51 Republicans were going to vote for ACB barring some kind of major scandal, and that they won't criticize any post-election vote, as it is important not to use people's health as a political cudgel.

Otherwise, the typical Republican Senator will conclude that a small risk to their health is worth the addition of an originalist/ textualist judge to the Supreme Court, rather than a Biden nominee who believes in different neutral principles.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-03-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Attachment 101129

I don't even get her argument.

How is it fake if the people who claimed it to be fake are the ones that got sick? The very perspective doesn't even make any sense.
    This would also be an argument that Democrats are taking more precautions against getting sick, or spreading the illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Barely two weeks ago conservatives were celebrating the death of RBG.
    Conservatives here?

And frankly, we're all hoping Trump eventually recovers, that way he can live long enough to go to jail for tax evasion. He needs to experience some justice before some virus takes him.
    That's not every liberal, and certainly not every liberal poster in this board.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets