Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Has anyone done a sibling rivalry story where one kid clearly got the better end of the mutant deal? That seems like narrative gold.
    ummm Monet.

That was the whole reason Emplate trapped her into Penance's body because of her vanity.

BANNED

I liked it was very good. I love this Book :-)
    Soo does Christian get away with Murder??

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I liked it was very good. I love this Book :-)
    Soo does Christian get away with Murder??
    Yep he sure is gonna get away with murder,,,and I dont even care. Christian has literally been put through hell and has gone through so much from attempting suicide, being institutionalized and such all because of his father. This is one time where i'll turn a blind eye
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Far too compressed a story for my liking. I needed more to feel satisfied with the story we got.

Still, I liked the idea of it, even if not the amount of time given to it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Would it even be murder? The guy clearly was mentally impaired. It would likely be manslaughter at best with his sentencing reduced due to diminished mental capacity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yep he sure is gonna get away with murder,,,and I dont even care. Christian has literally been put through hell and has gone through so much from attempting suicide, being institutionalized and such all because of his father. This is one time where i'll turn a blind eye
    Hmm fair enough

BANNED

I liked the issue and the poor jokes were good lol.

I liked how they ended it with Emma having a purpose and going back to her roots with Frost Industries (although that was HER company) and taking care of Christian. It gives her a place to be away from the Xmen and occupied for a while if they aren't going to be using her in the Xbooks.

Sina has issues with continuity, but so have a lot of other writers these days. I'm to the point of "but that's not....oh forget it"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Sina has issues with continuity, but so have a lot of other writers these days. I'm to the point of "but that's not....oh forget it"
    I can forgive his continuity gaffs since he's the first writer in almost 15 years to revisit the dropped plotpoint that is Christian

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I can forgive his continuity gaffs since he's the first writer in almost 15 years to revisit the dropped plotpoint that is Christian
    I do wonder tho....if he would've even had bothered with Emma if she didn't have a gay brother.

So, after reading that tweet at the Emma thread, it seems like Sina will indeed continue the Frost Siblings' story in some capacity in this series. That settles the lack of cohesiveness for me, lol.

Also, re: the "self-absorbed" thing: yeah, I think it has to do with Bobby thinking about his issues and concealing them (before coming out) or facing them and being dramatic about / overfocusing on them (now). I don't know if being gay myself helps me understand that and not see it as too much projection on Sina's part.

The giant, One Winged Angel version of Iceman that haunts him was also a cool throw-in, though the handwave kinda cheapened it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I liked how they ended it with Emma having a purpose and going back to her roots with Frost Industries (although that was HER company) and taking care of Christian.
    I don't think there's any real continuity error. Google results list Emma's old company as either being called Frost International or Frost Enterprises. If it is the same company, it could be explained that Emma's father acquired it either when Emma liquidated all her assets to fund Scott's Utopia or when Emma became a fugitive after AvX. I always assumed Emma had to start again from nothing after all that (which shouldn't be hard to do with her telepathy).

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    If someone were to tell me Bobby is self-obsessed I'd think they'd meant Bobby is so insecure and uncomfortable with himself that he forgets to look past his own nose. I've never considered Bobby to be stuck on himself on the other end of the spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Also, re: the "self-absorbed" thing: yeah, I think it has to do with Bobby thinking about his issues and concealing them (before coming out) or facing them and being dramatic about / overfocusing on them (now). I don't know if being gay myself helps me understand that and not see it as too much projection on Sina's part.
    I can see that interpretation. But then, I think that comes back to one of my other comments about poor word choices. To me there's a pretty clear difference between being insecure or being repressed and closeted and therefore concerned about how others are perceiving you and being self absorbed.

And then there's the idea that Bobby has spent too much time dealing with his own issues in his previous solo, which is something I saw some people being critical of, although I really don't agree. Perhaps Grace is responding to those criticisms by pointing out the behavior could be seen as self absorbed. I hope that's not the case, because again, a person dealing with coming out and then spending time focusing on the impact of that is not about being self obsessed so much as a natural outcome of the process. I don't know, it's a weird thing to call out.

Look at this duo. And remember they both also close with Beast! #friends

I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Anyone else this think Christian is part of new Hellfire Club

The X-Men are not cops; they don’t care if you commit murder. If you commit a murder, their position is: you should join the X-Men until such a time as you are bored. They live in a world in which death is impermanent so why not. I love them.

(if this is even counts as murder, honestly, power-induced temporary madness is a separate issue and also not something that concerns the X-Men. certainly not rogue Emma!)

Good issue.
    Last edited by xman; 10-10-2018 at 03:19 PM.