Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Predictions for 2021 in all things Spidey

I set one of these up over on the X-Men boards and figured I’d try it here too. What do you want to happen next year? What do you think WILL happen? What stories or plots do you hope to see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    What do you want to happen next year?
    Peter/MJ get married again...i.e. Next Year in Jerusalem.

What do you think WILL happen?
    -- Peter will remember the marriage and the Mephisto deal, at the very least.
    -- An event storyline crossover between Spider-Man and Daredevil that leads to Kingpin stepping down as Mayor (guaranteed to happen if Trump loses 2020). Will definitely involve Boomerang and will have Spencer and Zdarsky collaborating.
    -- Randy and Lady Beetle will break up and this will cause a major issue for their dads.
    -- Boomerang will at some point either a) learn Peter's identity, b) become a full villain again but remaining friendly with Peter and involving him with some scheme that brings conflict between Peter and Spider-Man.
    -- Peter and MJ have issues about her collaboration with Mysterio and the new movie.

What stories or plots do you hope to see?
    I hope Spider-Man defeats Doctor Octopus in a manner very humiliating for Otto. I want a redo of The Owl/Octopus War where Spider-Man tears off his arms and sends him to the psych ward for an extended period to make him think about what he's done.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world where anything goes.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-25-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world.
    Harry/Kindred kills aunt may to hurt peter

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Honestly, I have a hard time predicting what the real world will look like by 2021, let alone a fictional world where anything goes.
    Hard to predict both either way lol.

Either way, don't really have much in mind that I specifically want to see, just fun stories, stuff like whether or not OMD is undone is trivial to me.

Guess it'd be nice if Teresa could be developed more as a character and actually interact with people like aunt May, and for Kindred to really manage to be a remarkable, recognizable villain since he does cool **** with his plans so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Harry/Kindred kills aunt may to hurt peter
    I dunno about that, back in Hunted, Kindred talked about how disappointed he felt that Peter thought he was some cliché villain who kills love interests, that may extend to relatives as well, so I doubt he'll actually hurt anyone in Peter's life, since he expect Peter himself to **** it up.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

The one thing that I'd love to see the most in 2021 for the Spider-Man books, is to find out what happened with MJ after the end of Amazing Mary Jane #6, it really sucks to not get some type of ending or explanation as to what happened there.

Some other things that I'd like to see are the end of OMD.
    Kingpin removed as Mayor
    Norman Osborne put on the shelf for awhile
    Finding out what is going on with Ben and Kaine
    Confrontation between Peter and Otto over everything that happened during both runs of Superior Spider-Man and everything between

MJ either gets a new book chronicling her movie tour or returns to the main book. I'd hate to see her end up in limbo.

Oh, and Mysterio is exposed as the director (and possibly that MJ knew about it the whole time) for the movie and they have to deal with the fallout of that. It would probably help set MJ back to square one instead of keeping her on the prospect of becoming a major starlet again.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

For the book to remember May's cancer.

If Young Avengers were to finally get a relaunch in 2021, it would be neat for Anya Corazon to join up the roster, if only so she can finally get to do something. Though knowing Marvel, they'd likely push for Spider-Gwen to join the roster instead.

Speaking of I'd say it's a safe bet that another Spider-Gwen series will launch next year, probably spinning out of King in Black.

Since Nick Spencer has been dedicating so much of his run to house cleaning plot threads from the BND and Slott-era, I anticipate that whatever he has in store for Ben Reilly and Kaine is probably going to be the next big story arc after Kindred.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-25-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    Norman Osborne put on the shelf for awhile
    Why's "Osborne" such a consistent typo for "Osborn"? Lol.

Finding out what is going on with Ben and Kaine
    Yeah that'd be nice, sucks they're on limbo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MJ either gets a new book chronicling her movie tour or returns to the main book. I'd hate to see her end up in limbo.

Oh, and Mysterio is exposed as the director (and possibly that MJ knew about it the whole time) for the movie and they have to deal with the fallout of that. It would probably help set MJ back to square one instead of keeping her on the prospect of becoming a major starlet again.
    Starting to wonder now how often super villain related movie scandals happen in Marvel's world, or if MJ is one of the first lol.

Honestly, I think they shouldn't really try to push this idea that MJ is gonna become huge, Marvel obviously won't do it, at least not for long, and it helps that most actors don't become huge, so she could be a semi popular one, who gets enough roles and all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    She did a surgery for it in Friendly Neighbor#14 and was fine at the end, before that it was in remission too, so she'd most likely be fine anyways.

If Young Avengers were to finally get a relaunch in 2021, it would be neat for Anya Corazon to join up the roster, if only so she can finally get to do something. Though knowing Marvel, they'd likely push for Spider-Gwen to join the roster instead.
    Wouldn't Young Avengers be redundant with Champions being around? Unless they manage to stand out from each other... But yeah, likely that Gwen would be there instead, unless maybe Gwen considers herlself to be too old for that team .

Since Nick Spencer has been dedicating so much of his run to house cleaning plot threads from the BND and Slott-era, I anticipate that whatever he has in store for Ben Reilly and Kaine is probably going to be the next big story arc after Kindred.
    If Spencer uses Ben, I'm betting he won't be back to being good as easily as Spider-Geddon did, but doubt he'll end as evil as he was at the end of Ben's comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I feel like that was relegated so much to a Tom Taylor thing that no one else knows what to do about it, although it's been a while since May showed up in ASM.
    Anya had the Young Allies and was kind of there with the Avengers Academy kids, but I'm not sure if she has any connective tissue to any other teen Supergroup other than being associated with Spider-Man.
    Speaking of I'd say it's a safe bet that another Spider-Gwen series will launch next year, probably spinning out of King in Black.
    Have we given up on Ghost Spider ?
    I'm not sure if see Spencer going in-depth with the clones...although if the speculation of Kindred is accurate, clones might be used to explain some plot stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Starting to wonder now how often super villain related movie scandals happen in Marvel's world, or if MJ is one of the first lol.

Honestly, I think they shouldn't really try to push this idea that MJ is gonna become huge, Marvel obviously won't do it, at least not for long, and it helps that most actors don't become huge, so she could be a semi popular one, who gets enough roles and all.
    That's why I'm suspecting the shoe to hit the other foot because (kind of like Peter) I don't think MJ can be super successful on an ongoing basis, so either the movie tanks for one reason or another or she's exposed for being, basically, an accomplice to a fraudulent production and that sets her career back.

BANNED

Why's "Osborne" such a consistent typo for "Osborn"? Lol.
    Probably because of the rock star and his bizarre family, they used to be in popular culture a lot more famous than the Goblins were until the Raimi movies and the superhero genre outswallowed the nerd group interested in "dad" rock. And for some people "Osborne" or "Osbourne" comes easily to their fingers to type.

Osborn, Osborne, and Osbourne are common variations of each other's name (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_(name)) The original name derives from Old Norse -- Ásbjørn (which means Divine Bear). It's pretty interesting because Norman of course refers to Normandy -- the region in France where the Vikings settled down (the French called Vikingers Normanni or Northmen, and that's what the word came to mean) and the Norman community who eventually conquered England in 1066. Interesting subtext to all of Norman's dealings with Loki in retrospect, and it adds aspects to Norman Osborn's Old Money WASP origins.

I prefer Osborn because it has a better assonance with Norman, both names are 6 letters each, 2 syllables each. It flows better.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In regards to Anya being on the Young Avengers vs. the Champions, well, those two teams have different mission statements and reasons for existing. The Young Avengers came together in the wake of Avengers Disassembled out of an emergency protocol for the next generation of Avengers, while the Champions came together because they saw the Avengers as (yet) another failed institution neglecting the people that relied on it and wanted to do something to actually improve the world instead of just maintaining it while its problems got worse and worse. Kind of like the New Warriors back in the day when their basic mission was to fight the fights that the "big time" heroes like the Avengers and Fantastic Four wouldn't, couldn't, or didn't go near, albeit somewhat more ambitious in scope.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anya had the Young Allies and was kind of there with the Avengers Academy kids, but I'm not sure if she has any connective tissue to any other teen Supergroup other than being associated with Spider-Man.
    She was only around Young Allies because of Rikki anyways, I think...

Just realized that whatever friend Anya makes tend to be forgotten about after a while, that chick from Amazing Fantasy/Araña, Rikki, and her roomate from Spider-Girl lol.

Have we given up on Ghost Spider ?
    I legit tend to forget that Gwen goes by that now lol.

I'm not sure if see Spencer going in-depth with the clones...although if the speculation of Kindred is accurate, clones might be used to explain some plot stuff.
    Not sure about in-depth, but it seemed clones (Or at least Ben) were going to be active in Last Remains, and they still might, but so far aren't around.

That's why I'm suspecting the shoe to hit the other foot because (kind of like Peter) I don't think MJ can be super successful on an ongoing basis, so either the movie tanks for one reason or another or she's exposed for being, basically, an accomplice to a fraudulent production and that sets her career back.
    I'm not sure about MJ being exposed by being an accomplice, seems a bit too big to screw her up, but who knows? Though yeah, unlikely she'll become famous regardless of what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Probably because of the rock star and his bizarre family, they used to be in popular culture a lot more famous than the Goblins were until the Raimi movies and the superhero genre outswallowed the nerd group interested in "dad" rock. And for some people "Osborne" or "Osbourne" comes easily to their fingers to type.

Osborn, Osborne, and Osbourne are common variations of each other's name (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_(name)) The original name derives from Old Norse -- Ásbjørn (which means Divine Bear). It's pretty interesting because Norman of course refers to Normandy -- the region in France where the Vikings settled down (the French called Vikingers Normanni or Northmen, and that's what the word came to mean) and the Norman community who eventually conquered England in 1066. Interesting subtext to all of Norman's dealings with Loki in retrospect, and it adds aspects to Norman Osborn's Old Money WASP origins.

I prefer Osborn because it has a better assonance with Norman, both names are 6 letters each, 2 syllables each. It flows better.
    Damn, had no idea there was all this history to the last name, I just assumed at some point "Osborne" was a typo that showed up a lot in the comics (Which I didn't find in any random comic I checked), like Liz "Allen" lol.

Good to know though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In regards to Anya being on the Young Avengers vs. the Champions, well, those two teams have different mission statements and reasons for existing. The Young Avengers came together in the wake of Avengers Disassembled out of an emergency protocol for the next generation of Avengers, while the Champions came together because they saw the Avengers as (yet) another failed institution neglecting the people that relied on it and wanted to do something to actually improve the world instead of just maintaining it while its problems got worse and worse. Kind of like the New Warriors back in the day when their basic mission was to fight the fights that the "big time" heroes like the Avengers and Fantastic Four wouldn't, couldn't, or didn't go near, albeit somewhat more ambitious in scope.
    While having different reasons to have started is nice, the question is how much it's different in practice, 'cause if both teams can end up doing the same thing, only elsewhere and with different members, then the only thing that would make it worth is if character interactions are both significant, and different from each other, even then that wouldn't help as much, but it'd be somethin'.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

She was only around Young Allies because of Rikki anyways, I think...

Just realized that whatever friend Anya makes tend to be forgotten about after a while, that chick from Amazing Fantasy/Araña, Rikki, and her roomate from Spider-Girl lol.

I legit tend to forget that Gwen goes by that now lol.

Not sure about in-depth, but it seemed clones (Or at least Ben) were going to be active in Last Remains, and they still might, but so far aren't around.

I'm not sure about MJ being exposed by being an accomplice, seems a bit too big to screw her up, but who knows? Though yeah, unlikely she'll become famous regardless of what happens.

Damn, had no idea there was all this history to the last name, I just assumed at some point "Osborne" was a typo that showed up a lot in the comics (Which I didn't find in any random comic I checked), like Liz "Allen" lol.

Good to know though, thanks.

While having different reasons to have started is nice, the question is how much it's different in practice, 'cause if both teams can end up doing the same thing, only elsewhere and with different members, then the only thing that would make it worth is if character interactions are both significant, and different from each other, even then that wouldn't help as much, but it'd be somethin'.
    Actually a good point. I mean, there was a crossover/team-up between the Young Allies and Avengers Academy back when both of those were up and active, and there were some decent interactions there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

- OMD is remembered
    -Address plot holes and general stupidity from Superior
    -Have Aunt May show up once in a while
    -Change in Peter’s relationship with his roommates
    -Really hope MJ and Peter go through the pain of remembering OMD together
    - This will probablySPOILERS FOR 850 get addressed this year, but I’m really curious what Norman’s comments about Kindred not being the “All Powerful HellSpawn he play-acts” could mean. Is he implying that he’s not as powerful as we’ve been led to believe ?

So far we’ve seen:
    -Resurrection
    -Invading and influencing others dreams
    -Clinging to walls
    -Some amount of super-human strength
    -Conjuring and or controlling bugs and rodents