Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Sorry, but what or who is Fury?
    Someone who is titillated by the sight of anthropomorphic animals.

Jk

Anyway, I loved this issue.

I loved the fast pacing of the gathering of the Arrakii swordbearers. I don't know how to *fix* the pacing issues of X of Swords because I've honestly enjoyed each issue, but the central narrative still suffered IMO. I suppose I really prefer the tempo of abbreviated story beats that are cut in-between other running threads versus one issue devoted to one "scene".

Back to X of Swords: Stasis, I think these new characters are the most fascinating new faces we've seen in the past 2+ decades. I love their designs, the nuggets of intrigue...there is just a lot to chew on and be excited for. I love how high fantasy this story is, elevated by the brilliance of Pepe Larraz, Mahmud Asrar, and Marte Gracia, and how the complicated lore both puzzles me and makes me excited to go back to previous issues to get the story straight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Also this issue clearly shows Sinister and the Hellions failed.
    Hellions #5 implied that was not Sinister's real mission anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Ah yes! Thanks for the reminder.

The only reason -- beyond the use of his name -- that I think it might be Mr. M is because Hickman namedropped him during House of X.

Obscure.

-Pav, who wonders if Mr. M created his own reality...
    And Sinister wants his DNA

Amazing Member

A bit out of topic, but I was looking for the X of Swords hardcover in the spanish amazon site and these are the books it contains:

X of Swords: Creation (2020) 1, X of Swords: Stasis (2020) 1, X of Swords: Destruction (2020) 1, X-Men (2019) 12-14, Excalibur (2019) 12-14, Marauders (2019) 13, X-Force (2019) 13, New Mutants (2019) 13, Wolverine (2020) 6, Cable (2020) 5, Hellions (2020) 5, X-Factor (2020) 4, X of Swords: Storm (2020) 1

I don't remember hearing about X of Swords: Storm before. Has this book been announced?

It has not. But they did say big things are in store for Storm. So...

Incredible Member

As powerful as Saturnyne is, she clearly is not all powerful. She is stronger than before, but that's because she rules the Starlight Citadel and has powers previously given to Merlyn and Roma. However, Merlyn and Roma did not get all their power from there and were clearly shown to be superior to her even without that. James Jaspers and the Fury are also definitely above Saturnyne and I'd be willing to bet that Mr. M is as well. So the idea that she is ruling over these five omega level threats is a bit ridiculous, unless this is again some long con by Roma or Merlyn.

Mighty Member

What I think is ridiculous is to randomly believe these characters are the same characters from before Secret Wars when basically everything suggests they're not. They're resemblances, but they're clearly not the same people. Just like how Otherworld is clearly no longer just Magic Britain.

>Great art.
    >Nice character pieces but these sword-gathering tales could have and perhaps should have been sliced up and put as back up stories in the other issues. We didn't need a special issue for this.
    >Jamie's still wearing a modified Sinister cape.
    >Illyana is down to throw down!
    >Pogg Ur-Pogg speaks in rhyme. *cackles in Etrigan*
    >Arakko still wants peace and to be reunited with Krakoa, eh? She's gonna die, isn't she?
    >Apocalypse is just getting belittled left and right. Serves him right after all these months of stunting and fronting.
    >Are the writers screaming at us that Absolon Mercator aka Mr. M is ruling the realm of Mercator? That seems a bit too... obvious.
    >Speaking of obvious... The Death aka change/transformation card? That Annihilation Mask looks like it comes in your size, Storm!

Favourite panels and sword...
    Four Furies? I got chills! A whole realm of Furies?! *swoons*
    x1.jpg
    He'd stay out of trouble if he was less pig-headed.
    x2.jpg
    SO sexy!!!
    x3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    A bit out of topic, but I was looking for the X of Swords hardcover in the spanish amazon site and these are the books it contains:

X of Swords: Creation (2020) 1, X of Swords: Stasis (2020) 1, X of Swords: Destruction (2020) 1, X-Men (2019) 12-14, Excalibur (2019) 12-14, Marauders (2019) 13, X-Force (2019) 13, New Mutants (2019) 13, Wolverine (2020) 6, Cable (2020) 5, Hellions (2020) 5, X-Factor (2020) 4, X of Swords: Storm (2020) 1

I don't remember hearing about X of Swords: Storm before. Has this book been announced?
    Interesting. Maybe it was going to a stand alone issue that was changed to Marauders later on...? Either way I loved today's issue and would be great if what you found is something upcoming.

Really enjoyed everything about this issue. I want more back story on all the Arraki fighters.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

I do like how White Sword was all like

"YOU SUCK AND YOUR FAMILY SUCKS, HORSEMEN. I HOPE YOU FALL ON YOUR OWN SWORDS YOU TRAITORS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    As powerful as Saturnyne is, she clearly is not all powerful. She is stronger than before, but that's because she rules the Starlight Citadel and has powers previously given to Merlyn and Roma. However, Merlyn and Roma did not get all their power from there and were clearly shown to be superior to her even without that. James Jaspers and the Fury are also definitely above Saturnyne and I'd be willing to bet that Mr. M is as well. So the idea that she is ruling over these five omega level threats is a bit ridiculous, unless this is again some long con by Roma or Merlyn.
    And yet she keeps multiple realms with clashing ideals in check somehow and maybe it isn't power but she must be doing something that tells them do not mess with me or else. And now Apocalypse and the X-men know this as well, she is not their friend and she is not to be trifled with.

They do not have any home field advantage there and it is her house, her game and her rules.

Honestly she is looking to be the only winner in all this because i am looking at this event and can tell there will be consequences, and i can bet it won't be her who pays them.

Spectacular Member

Found this to be a very enjoyable issue. Was surprised by the initial scene of Saturynne calling on all the rulers of the different realms. Not really sure what it had to do with the overall storyline but it was nice to at least meet some of the "neighboring" realms.

Finally we get introduced to the 10 champions for the Arakko faction. Did find it interesting that some of those champions selected are not as unified to Annilations direction of conquest.

Of those introduced I was most intrigued by Redroot. Do Redroot and Arakko communicate using the original dialect of the unified island or is it something they developed similar to Doug and Krakoa. I liked seeing the parallel as both sides have there communicator.

Each X-men getting a tarot card in their room similar like a fortune cookie was an interesting touch. The brief interpretation given by Tarot to their meaning was nice but I can't wait until each is better explained. Would also have loved to see what cards the champions of Arakko received.

BANNED

I guess they could have done the same for the X-Men instead of bending them into different arcs. It was a decent issue but there is a lot of transition of Hickmen Apocalypse with respect to Tini. Hick-Apoc felt more natural but Tini's was a bit cliche and I suppose Apocalypse shouldn't be surprised by this after he was betrayed by his own horsemen.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Is Saturnyne supposed to be an Emma? Because it feels like she's an alternate-dimension Emma.
    She's an alternate of Brian's old girlfriend Courtney Ross.