Page 487 of 772 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, but writers might decide not to focus on that side of the Storm's powers because there's already an omega to that power aspect, you know? Also, Ororo doesn't have feats that explicitly prove she hits Absolute Zero, like Iceman does, however, I think she can.

Is this comic of the avengers canonical? (This loss of power can cause confusion in Krakoa)

I like that

Yes! You're right, in my opinion it was a nerf in her real ability to put her as an omega just in Weather Manipulation. It was like a bucket of cold water, although now she is officially an omega. Lol
    sorry, but it doesn't convince me. Psylocke was the only telepath until then who could make weapons and psionic projectiles at the time, years later Quentin and Jean proved capable of accomplishing such feats. We have two omega level mutants whose power is Telepathy, and two omega level mutants whose power is Reality Manipulation. XOffice doesn't develop Ororo at this level because it doesn't want to, the team has no interest in showing the real potential of Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    sorry, but it doesn't convince me. Psylocke was the only telepath until then who could make weapons and psionic projectiles at the time, years later Quentin and Jean proved capable of accomplishing such feats. We have two omega level mutants whose power is Telepathy, and two omega level mutants whose power is Reality Manipulation. XOffice doesn't develop Ororo at this level because it doesn't want to, the team has no interest in showing the real potential of Storm.
    Very wide-ranging powers happen that, and by the way Psylocke, currently, I don't see her creating psychic and telekinetic weapons anymore.. She was one of the first to demonstrate this side of her powers, while Storm already had characters like Magneto, Iceman and other elementals.

Lol, there are few writers who really care about the Storm, and not just as a way to take money from readers because it's popular.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In order to show the power potential writers have to create a scenario where that potential can be displayed. Storm is just as proficient at negative thermokinesis as Iceman but they both just approach its application and manipulation in different ways. (For instance...Storm would not do what Bobby did to the Russian thugs when he discovered Kate was killed...she will never go to such extremes unless placed in an extreme position or facing a foe that might prove susceptible to such extreme cold...plus she has a much wider range of offensive attacks).

Developing a character does not entail developing their powers, only. (See Claremont's 80's run which did exactly the opposite)

That said...You should read the recent AiPT interview with Al Ewing. The one person who will be writing her seems to care a lot about her. The rest of the X-Office have other important **** to do, than focus on just one character.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-12-2021 at 05:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

In the situation of an ensemble it is seen as good to keep the more powerful charachters on a leash to enable others to shine. I get it but for over forty years storm has displayed quiet dismal creativity when it comes to her power it's almost impressive. Like there have been moments no doubt but generally there is no creativity. This is why most storm fans were campaigning for a solo because that's where she is allowed to do something other than lightning and wind or at least be creative with them. In the marvel universe there is a wind hero called aero and she is brilliant her power over wind let's her do sooooo much create swords, shields and even body doubles. That is what I am asking for some creativity in using her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    In the situation of an ensemble it is seen as good to keep the more powerful charachters on a leash to enable others to shine. I get it but for over forty years storm has displayed quiet dismal creativity when it comes to her power it's almost impressive. Like there have been moments no doubt but generally there is no creativity. This is why most storm fans were campaigning for a solo because that's where she is allowed to do something other than lightning and wind or at least be creative with them. In the marvel universe there is a wind hero called aero and she is brilliant her power over wind let's her do sooooo much create swords, shields and even body doubles. That is what I am asking for some creativity in using her powers.
    I love Aero so much. The creative applications of her power both offensive and defensive? Absolutely SPECTACULAR. This is what I want for Storm beyond her regular offense and defense. Personally, I feel Storm suffers from writers looking at her as a "jack of all trades, master of none" type character.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I wish it were even so that they saw storm and the thought that she could control all storms but nope they just see it as lightning, wind and rain. Like heat and cold be damned in the past storm has manipulated radiation sooo precisely to extract specific wavelengths to hurt gladiator used gamma particles to create enough elemental turbulence as to protect the entire planet from solar flares. . It's phenomenal how little she thinks outside the box especially these days, it is outside the charachter of storm who is probably one of the most resourceful of all xmen perhaps even the entire marvel universe. But she can't even think to use more than lightning and wind in battle.

Like I saw a clip from a show and there a charachter used droplets of water to create scythes of ice to attack her enemies. When I saw it I jumped up and shouted because I have imagined storm doing something like that. Or even manipulate rain to the extent that you create a protective dome. Like if they are going to stick her to lightning wind and rain at least let her be creative with them aside throw them around and fly.
    to be fair we've seen some creative stuff in the past: freezing internal organs, electrifying the air from a great distance to incapacitated a large group of soldiers, em/pressure shields, etc. The problem is that these creative uses are not consistently shown. this is her biggest problem but its spectacular that many writers can't do much with her beyond the elements you mention but then have iceman freezing time? lol. I generally think Claremont was her biggest fans who happens to be a writer. subsequent writers saw her as a Mary Sue and didn't really fancy so they chose to dumb her use of powers down instead of allowing those creative juices to flow.

to add to what you saw a clip of, just look at some of those video games. they have her doing some pretty cool things with her powers and it has you wondering why don't the xbooks show her like that. I think in one game she had the gift of the goddess or something like that and she was able to heal herself for a short time. then in this recent mobile game she surrounds herself in a ball of ice that makes her invulnerable for a short duration she burst out and knocks out all enemies within a certain radius. its so cool to see but unfortunate because we aren't seeing this application in the books. its just primarily lightning lass

I found the power i was referring to earlier. its called will of the goddess and it increased her stamina so she could continue using her special abilities without losing the meter.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Your (that) link is incomplete, butterflykyss.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Your (that) link is incomplete, butterflykyss.
    thanks I saw it was a dead link and just deleted it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In order to show the power potential writers have to create a scenario where that potential can be displayed. Storm is just as proficient at negative thermokinesis as Iceman but they both just approach its application and manipulation in different ways. (For instance...Storm would not do what Bobby did to the Russian thugs when he discovered Kate was killed...she will never go to such extremes unless placed in an extreme position or facing a foe that might prove susceptible to such extreme cold...plus she has a much wider range of offensive attacks).

Developing a character does not entail developing their powers, only. (See Claremont's 80's run which did exactly the opposite)

That said...You should read the recent AiPT interview with Al Ewing. The one person who will be writing her seems to care a lot about her. The rest of the X-Office have other important **** to do, than focus on just one character.
    I don't believe that Storm would use extreme cold feats to hit civilians, although I realize that today's Storm is not the same as it was decades ago where it kept itself under control all the time so as not to injure and kill other beings. The absolute zero it will not necessarily be caused as a way to attack someone, but it can be used as a form of defense, as Bobby did once to zero the kinetic energy around Cain, thus reducing all his speed, immobilizing the villain.

Hopefully Ewing puts her against enemies that can't be stopped in their tracks by a simple bolt of lightning. It would be nice to see Storm break out some new tricks to deal with some new threats! Ewing did say he's thinking of new weather feats daily so let's see what how vivid his imagination can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hopefully Ewing puts her against enemies that can't be stopped in their tracks by a simple bolt of lightning. It would be nice to see Storm break out some new tricks to deal with some new threats! Ewing did say he's thinking of new weather feats daily so let's see what how vivid his imagination can be.
    from what I read in the interview, he likes lightning feats. hope he gets creative using them at least.

I hope your thoughts on this become a reality. lightning lass has been overdone.

from what I read in the interview, he likes lightning feats. hope he gets creative using them at least.
    Now, obviously, those unpowered days are long gone — I’m thinking up new weather stunts for Storm daily and taking suggestions from other X-Office members on cool things she can do with her powers. (And some old classics — I do enjoy the occasional judiciously applied bolt of lightning.)
    I can assume he's going to use them but sparingly unless he has another definition of the word "occasional" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope your thoughts on this become a reality. lightning lass has been overdone.
    Agreed! But IF and I mean IF lightning lass absolutely has to be seen, can she at least do something impressive?! All the electrokinetics in fiction all the ideas he could pull from. The possibilities are endless from just that aspect of her power alone!

I can assume he's going to use them but sparingly unless he has another definition of the word "occasional" lol.

Agreed! But IF and I mean IF lightning lass absolutely has to be seen, can she at least do something impressive?! All the electrokinetics in fiction all the ideas he could pull from. The possibilities are endless from just that aspect of her power alone!
    exactly. I'm hoping the bolt we saw at the dinner will be the last. how would you user lightning but different from just a bolt of lightning we typically see?

I think the big problem with not working creatively on Storm's powers is that Xoffice itself doesn't set out to deliver wonderful writing involving Storm's powers, just see Al Ewing and Coates, who are/were writers for cores other than X -mens..