Page 249 of 440 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    I did like her relationship with Nemesis.
    I loved her with Nemesis as well, he seemed more like a modern Steve.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not very interested in Diana "fixing" someone. That's what a relationship with Bruce and Max Lord would turn into. Bruce is a cynical, brooding, distant and obsessive type. Give him someone else to date if you hate the Catwoman romance so much (I myself loved the King run until issue 54). Let Bruce date Zatanna or Vixen. Those actually seem like good romances for him.

But I want Wonder Woman with someone that excites her. Someone artistic, passionate and uniquely talented. Someone pure of heart but in a beautiful way. Steve Trevor can easily fill the Batman type if you write him that way. He can even fill the Max Lord type. But again, we've already had Steve Trevor and I see no need for more romance with him or anybody he could replace.

Artemis is just another person in the category of Batman and Max Lord, except with boobs
    Im not talking about fixing anybody, because thats not needed when the character is doing that himself.
    That is what Tynions Batman run seem to be all about...or in general the infinite frontier direction with batman...trying to fix what King broke.

I totally get people not liking the idea based on Kings run, Kings run focused a lot on a cynical and brooding Bruce who is keeping the family at arms length.
    That was mostly because he wanted Bruce to rely on Selina, wanted her to "fix" things he broke.

Its a character that is only working if you keep it very small, which fewer and fewer people like in the comics.
    That character i surely dont want to be with Diana.
    Im talking more about the way the character is done often in the Justice league comics or in general outside of his own main comics more.
    Where he cracks a smile once in a while and is a teamplayer, where he is in general a bit "Brighter".

When it comes to it, often there are actually 2-3 versions of Bruce Wayne in the series he is.
    He tends to be darker and more "stereotypical" Batman in Batman and Detective Comics, while he is more fun in Justice league or Batman/Superman.

"Someone artistic, passionate and uniquely talented. Someone pure of heart but in a beautiful way"

And that is not Bruce?
    The Man who is so dedicated to protect others from pain, that he trained himself to be able to stand next to Metahumans trying to protect the world.
    The Man who spends every minute of his life to find ways to help the world, be it as Batman during the night or Billionaire(Former at the moment) Bruce Wayne by day.

I get the more "traditional" brooding Batman is not a good idea, on that i agree.
    Thats a Batman even many Batman fans like me dont really wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wanna see her see date another woman, maybe a history buff or archeologist.
    I read Buff and Woman in one sentence and im on board with that. XD
    (I know its not about Diana dating a Buff Woman...my english is good enough for that)

Thats one thing i do like in terms of a cute idea, Diana dating someone who has a knack for history, who is interested in mythology, history etc.
    That way you could involve the character somewhat into Dianas Superhero life too a bit.

(Stop bashing King's to me when I already stated I loved it until issue 54)

I guess I just have a different vision of Diana. Seems like everybody else here wants her to date normal people with extraordinary dedication, when I want her to find someone that can knock her socks off with the wonder in the world. Someone weird but amazing. Because I don't think Diana came into this world to see a guy in a batmobile throwing batarangs at serial killers and mentally insane perverts. I totally see why Bruce would be interested in Diana, but I don't see why Diana would be interested in a romantic relationship with Bruce. What exactly would he give her? Flowers, expensive dresses, a covert ops mission, high tech military machinery?

Are these things that interest Diana? What would Bruce even do on a date with her? Again, it might make sense for Zatanna and Vixen, but definitely not for Diana. "Repartee" is fun, but it's not at all what I imagine makes Diana fall in love with someone. And appreciating their dedication isn't enough either.

Greg Rucka said "That's what she is, she wonders. She enters this world and there are wonders. Not all of them wonderful" and that's a big part of how I would describe what she seeks in the world too. I'm not whatsoever opposed to Diana facing the darkest parts of humanity, but the sense of discovery and beauty is freaking crucial to her romance. And I don't see it in any of the characters other people here are proposing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Im not talking about fixing anybody, because thats not needed when the character is doing that himself.
    That is what Tynions Batman run seem to be all about...or in general the infinite frontier direction with batman...trying to fix what King broke.

I totally get people not liking the idea based on Kings run, Kings run focused a lot on a cynical and brooding Bruce who is keeping the family at arms length.
    That was mostly because he wanted Bruce to rely on Selina, wanted her to "fix" things he broke.

Its a character that is only working if you keep it very small, which fewer and fewer people like in the comics.
    Im talking more about the way the character is done often in the Justice league comics or in general outside of his own main comics more.
    Where he cracks a smile once in a while and is a teamplayer, where he is in general a bit "Brighter".

When it comes to it, often there are actually 2-3 versions of Bruce Wayne in the series he is.
    He tends to be darker and more "stereotypical" Batman in Batman and Detective Comics, while he is more fun in Justice league or Batman/Superman.

"Someone artistic, passionate and uniquely talented. Someone pure of heart but in a beautiful way"

And that is not Bruce?
    The Man who is so dedicated to protect others from pain, that he trained himself to be able to stand next to Metahumans trying to protect the world.
    The Man who spends every minute of his life to find ways to help the world, be it as Batman during the night or Billionaire(Former at the moment) Bruce Wayne by day.

I get the more "traditional" brooding Batman is not a good idea, on that i agree.

(I know its not about Diana dating a Buff Woman...my english is good enough for that)

Thats one thing i do like in terms of a cute idea, Diana dating someone who has a knack for history, who is interested in mythology, history etc.
    That way you could involve the character somewhat into Dianas Superhero life too a bit.
    Even if we're using a healthier version of Bruce, that doesn't change the fundamental problem that Diana's supporting cast gets put on pause while she's dating Bruce and she will get dumped when his iconic love interest(s)-- especially Selina-- come-a-courtin'. She's literally just a distraction for Bruce in terms of development, a fun soujourn into superhero dating that he's going to drop for his one, true love. The same is true of her and Superman. She's always going to be his side-girl to Lois. In neither situation does she have the chance to form something lasting that will develop her as much as it does them. Her needs will always be secondary and she will always get dropped for the other woman.

It fucking sucks. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Diana needs to set up her iconic supporting casts and get them into a place where they feel strong and have good purposes in narrative. Everyone knows Lois, Jimmy, and the Daily Planet staff. Everyone knows Alfred, Gordon, Robin and the GCPD.

Diana has maybe Steve and Etta, and what do they do? Nebulous super spy stuff? Former soldier? It always shuffles. That won't change so long as DC keeps putting Diana on the arm of their two big boys. If you think I'm being unfair to Diana, tell me what she really gains from being with them? Nothing. Nothing she doesn't get from developing a new love interest (or using the ones she's had) from her own books. All it does is get her into someone else's books to say "wouldn't it be cool if your favorite hero was also with Wonder Woman for a while?" It's just a holding pattern that pauses Diana's development to do something for Superman or Batman's fans. No thanks.

It's not good for Diana, and frankly the way DC passes her around between them like some game of romantic pong is disgraceful.

I've not once seen WonderBat done in a way I found compelling-- and yes, I've watched the DCAU start-to-finish-and-back several times over. The DCAU is piss-poor for Wonder Woman. She shows up to be warlike, doesn't know anything about her powers, rarely deals with anything from her corner and eventually her plot turns into wanting to be with Batman and/or Bruce Wayne (a phase most the women in that universe went through, including Lois Lane). Hell, they had Cheetah and Circe fawn over him at some point. It was thinly-veiled self-insert wish fulfillment for Batman fans. Not great for Diana.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-09-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post

And that is not Bruce?

Well there is Io

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

And as far as her dating a teacher or an archaelogist, are these really the type of stories people wanna read right now? We've already had plenty of stories showing Diana connecting with normal people, and I enjoyed them, but what we're really missing is the other thing.

Diana having a romance with a bird-man and and mer-man weren't actually bad ideas, if they weren't boring obsessive creeps with no unique personality and passions. But that's the essence of what I want to see in romantic adventures. Her being with people so unlike anything you would find elsewhere, because that's just how wonderful she is to me.

61O-wQN3aML.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-09-2021 at 05:25 PM.

And as far as her dating a teacher or an archaelogist, are these really the type of stories people wanna read right now? We've already had plenty of stories showing Diana connecting with normal people, and I enjoyed them, but what we're really missing is the other thing.

Diana having a romance with a bird-man and and mer-man weren't actually bad ideas, if they weren't boring obsessive creeps with no unique personality and passions. But that's the essence of what I want to see in romantic adventures. Her being with people so unlike anything you would find elsewhere, because that's just how wonderful she is to me.
    I'm not crazy about Diana dating a history buff (since someone will inevitably write an argument where she asks "are you dating me or studying me" and I can do without that kind of forced melodrama) but a teacher seems like an excellent choice for Diana's partner.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The movies should end with Diana saving Barbara from being the Cheetah again and setting them up for a romance. DCEU Barbara isn't anywhere near as far gone (yet) as her comic counterpart, so that wouldn't be an issue at least.

She already let Steve's ghost go, and the only other option presented in WW84 is Handsome Nameless Man, which...nobody should touch that one. Bonus points if they go full Utena and have Diana turn into a car out of nowhere so Barbara can drive her to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The movies should end with Diana saving Barbara from being the Cheetah again and setting them up for a romance. DCEU Barbara isn't anywhere near as far gone (yet) as her comic counterpart, so that wouldn't be an issue at least.

Bonus points if they go full Utena and have Diana turn into a car out of nowhere so Barbara can drive her to freedom.
    I'm not a Wonder Woman x Barbara shipper by any means...but I'd be lying if that movie didn't have me considering it for a couple scenes...

Man I could swear that there's a comic where Diana kisses a literal goddess that shines like a shinging silhouette. It must be a story from around the year 2000 and I believe it's not a solo comic but something featuring the JLA. Maybe not a JLA comic but a graphic novel perhaps. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I'm not a Wonder Woman x Barbara shipper by any means...but I'd be lying if that movie didn't have me considering it for a couple scenes...
    I wouldn't consider it an endgame ship normally (more like toxic, bitter exes at most), but the movies aren't as stretched out as the comics and Gadot and Wiig had good (if criminally underutilized) chemistry. And Gadot has said she'd like her new post-Steve love interest to be a woman AND I believe she said she wanted to team up with Cheetah at some point.

Is she trying to tell us something?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Well there is Io

Sense I got with Io was she certainly crushed on Diana but Diana didn't really have the same level of feelings for her.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    My girlfriend audibly joked "these girls are gay" pretty early in. I think at least Barbara was crushing on her pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My girlfriend audibly joked "these girls are gay" pretty early in. I think at least Barbara was crushing on her pretty hard.
    There is also the extreme cattiness when she said "Well old friend Steve, I'm her new friend Barbara!".

It really doesn't seem like much of a stretch on Barbara's end....though Diana didn't seem thrilled seeing Max chat up Barbara either

61O-wQN3aML.jpg
    She could date a teacher who volunteers abroad, like in Thailand or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't consider it an endgame ship normally (more like toxic, bitter exes at most), but the movies aren't as stretched out as the comics and Gadot and Wiig had good (if criminally underutilized) chemistry. And Gadot has said she'd like her new post-Steve love interest to be a woman AND I believe she said she wanted to team up with Cheetah at some point.

Is she trying to tell us something?
    LOL, yeah she said Cheetah was her first choice as a DC character to team-up with during the first DC Fandome.

BUT, if there was a Cheetah I would be open to Diana dating, it would be Debbie. Girl was like, "Oh Wonder Woman, why don't you come use the shower in my bedroom on my private yacht." right after meeting her. No subtilty there, just, none. Plus she was actually nice and just got brainwashed into Cheetah...
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-09-2021 at 05:57 PM.