Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    An attempt at a Thundercats knock-off would just as likely be derided as such, and we’d still be at square one.
    Lego's Chima franchise does well for itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lego's Chima franchise does well for itself.
    Never heard of it, so I’m wondering how “well” that could be.

I have no doubt the creators of “Roar” intended the nostalgia of the 80’s series to somewhat transfer over for a new generation of cartoons. Where I disagree is the on the intent to attempt to insult/mock/troll the fans on the 80’s show.

Think less “haha you 80’s fans suck”, and more “hey I enjoyed that show as a kid, maybe my kid will like this new show”.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Think less “haha you 80’s fans suck”, and more “hey I enjoyed that show as a kid, maybe my kid will like this new show”.
    It's hard to think that way when the things that made the original Thundercats a classic is completely absent on this new show. They are taking the TTG and slapping the Thundercats name on it. If it was like the 2011 reboot I would have that mindset.

Extraordinary Member

TTG is one of CN's mst popular shows.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's hard to think that way when the things that made the original Thundercats a classic is completely absent on this new show. They are taking the TTG and slapping the Thundercats name on it. If it was like the 2011 reboot I would have that mindset.
    How do you know exactly what the show will contain?

Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Steven Universe both look very cutesy on the outside, but actually deal with some fairly heavy issues. I can’t speak for TTG, though.

BANNED

How do you know exactly what the show will contain?
    We know exactly what ThunderCats will contain because we've all seen the reveal trailer. It's completely tone deaf and insulting to ThunderCats fans but that video went into significant detail about what ThunderCats Roar is all about, mainly 'silly' humour and explosions. You won't find any of the heartfelt stories and epic adventures that made ThunderCats famous in ThunderCats Roar, just the latest and worst example of how far Western animation has fallen in recent years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    We know exactly what ThunderCats will contain because we've all seen the reveal trailer. It's completely tone deaf and insulting to ThunderCats fans but that video went into significant detail about what ThunderCats Roar is all about, mainly 'silly' humour and explosions. You won't find any of the heartfelt stories and epic adventures that made ThunderCats famous in ThunderCats Roar, just the latest and worst example of how far Western animation has fallen in recent years.
    I want your time machine.

Yuck!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yuck!

They... They actually went through this despite all that negative backlash?

Mighty Member

Looks like a bad parody of Thundercats where 2011's did it better.

At the end of the day this is the only way your getting modern Thundercats media. The Toys didnt sell and CN arent bankrupting themselves to make a series that isnt proven.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    At the end of the day this is the only way your getting modern Thundercats media.
    But I *don't* want a modern Thundercats if this is how they're going to do it. I don't want any of the precious franchises of my youth on Cartoon Network anymore, because CN is BS today, and will remain so until whatever hacks in charge, aren't. Look at Disney, I might not be the biggest fan of the art style of the new Ducktales, but it also isn't that bad and the series, you know, actually respects the spirit of the original, whereas this new Thundercats seems to **** all over the original. CN isn't the place to reboot old shows. CN sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But I *don't* want a modern Thundercats if this is how they're going to do it. I don't want any of the precious franchises of my youth on Cartoon Network anymore, because CN is BS today, and will remain so until whatever hacks in charge, aren't. Look at Disney, I might not be the biggest fan of the art style of the new Ducktales, but it also isn't that bad and the series, you know, actually respects the spirit of the original, whereas this new Thundercats seems to **** all over the original. CN isn't the place to reboot old shows. CN sucks.
    For YOU, yes. But Cartoon Network isnt aiming this at 30 year old guys but kids.

Here's the full promo from Cartoon Network. I understand that I'm not the key demographic for cartoons, but I can't imagine I'd watch any of this junk if I were. I know the cartoons I grew up with in the 1970s were poorly animated and had to be non-violent and "pro-social" so moms wouldn't freak out, but this stuff is just charmless and juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    For YOU, yes. But Cartoon Network isnt aiming this at 30 year old guys but kids.
    The original Thundercats were aimed at kids too, and are the guys in charge really all that qualified to to know how to aim things at kids? Because it seems like to them aiming it at kids means dumbing down what was a pretty simple concept to begin with.