Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2012
    BANNED

StarBlossom as 5G Wonderwoman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fans talk about how important it is that Superman be the First Hero, so I'm honestly morbidly curious if Diana getting that honor nets all the brownie points people seem to assume that position gives Superman .
    Maybe? It doesn't seem to net Clark very many bonuses though. I doubt it's going to benefit Diana any more than it does him.

And Clark, he *was* the first. Most of his fans who want him to remain so want him to retain that position because it is literally his. But within the comics it has damn little impact. Whether he's the first hero or not, it only factors into what, maybe 00.01% of his stories? I struggle to imagine DC handling it any differently with Diana. And if they did, I'd honestly be a little pissed about that. I love both characters, but if Diana and her position as the first gets treated better in some fashion than the guy who was actually the first superhero....that's pretty lame.

I mean, I hope whatever they do with Diana works, because gods know she needs some quality and consistency and she needs DC to give a damn. I'm not offended by her being the first hero in this continuity, just confused by it. Those bragging rights haven't done Clark much good, after all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I mean, I hope whatever they do with Diana works, because gods know she needs some quality and consistency and she needs DC to give a damn. I'm not offended by her being the first hero in this continuity, just confused by it. Those bragging rights haven't done Clark much good, after all.
    They already dropped the ball with that after Rucka left, so I'm not confident this will be much different.

Astonishing Member

There are several advantages to Wonder Woman being a 1940s hero:

*She was a key member of the JSA, whereas Batman and Superman weren't
    *She's effectively a goddess, so they don't have to explain why she's still young
    *The idea of Wonder Woman as a period piece is part of public consciousness, thanks to the movie and '70s TV show

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I haven't gotten the chance to read WW 750, but I did read about StarBlossom.

While I don't think that's going to happen, I would honestly wouldn't mind that idea at all. If Donna and Cassies aren't going to be Wonder Woman, StarBlossom would be good alternate. Personally, I would prefer her over someone like Nubia.

I doubt it. Wonder Woman is an immortal Amazon princess, so she might not be replaced unless she takes over as Queen of the Amazons.

I am on record saying I couldn't care less who is canonically the first hero. But let's compare this to the new 52. Superman was apparently technically the first superhero in that continuity. But here's the thing, pretty sure he, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, and a whole bunch of other A and B list heroes all debuted vaguely within like the same six months or a year window. So like you said, not really much reason for anyone to care.
    But in this case, it looks like Diana is debuting decades before anyone else (besides the JSAers). So young Clark, Bruce and Hal all grew up hearing about her heroic adventures.
    Very different, and potentially a bigger deal if you think about it.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-22-2020 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I doubt it. Wonder Woman is an immortal Amazon princess, so she might not be replaced unless she takes over as Queen of the Amazons.
    A black wonderwoman was shown for 5G.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think i see 5G succeeding more as individual titles. As a team and as justice league i don't know if new guys will work.I mean, jon doesn't even know luke fox. They are supposed to be the world's finest? I don't think it will work

Who says the solos stars and Leaguers will be the same people? Currently, Hal Jordan is the star of Green Lantern, but it's John Stewart who's in the Justice League. There isn't even any guarantee that Action/Superman and Detective/Batman will star the same people.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Besides I could totally see Older Superman still being part of the league while old man Bruce sits in the hall of justice coordinating anyone there on missions. He was able to help fight Luthor while in a full body cast you don’t think he won’t be there as an older man. I still think we will get justice league unlimited style of cast, just with a different core.

However I’d honestly agree that I just don’t want them to stick all the new cast of the 5G series on the League at once. That seems a bit fast personally and it also didn’t quite work before, remember when Donna, Mon-el, and Dick lead the Justice League for a little while...then again not entirely fair since other series and events messed that line-up almost every other issue.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-22-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

While we don't really know who that black woman was in Doomsday Clock, my assumption is that it is Nubia, one of Diana's Amazon sisters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Besides I could totally see Older Superman still being part of the league while old man Bruce sits in the hall of justice coordinating anyone there on missions. He was able to help fight Luthor while in a full body cast you don’t think he won’t be there as an older man. I still think we will get justice league unlimited style of cast, just with a different core.
    Given my fondness for Batman Beyond I'd have no problem with this per se, however in a continuity where Kara, Connor, Jon etc exist, then I think a case could be made for Clark stepping back from everyday heroics to focus more on being a leader, but still taking to the field against heavy hitters like Mongul, Darkseid etc or new, wide-spanning threats that his experience is useful against might be a happy medium.

This is pretty much where I'm pegging it for my current crossover timeline:

https://www.alternatehistory.com/for...meline.480505/

which is loosely based on a hybrid of the Young Justice (2010) and Post-Crisis/New Earth timelines (for instance Superman debuts in 1970, the Justice League in 1975, teen superheroes start to appear from c. 1978 (Dick "Robin" Grayson) and the first teen hero group debuts in 1982.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't see superman being part of the league full time . He is the president of earth now. He has responsibilities in united planets. He might even be chosen as the president of that.

A book that's only kinda/sorta in continuing now is not the best indicator for the future though. I still think it's up in the air who most replacements will be.

Also Clark was in that splash page with no sight of Jon so I don't think it meant anything anyway.