Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Let me rephrase that...
    spoilers:
    7 of 9 is bisexual. Maybe.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

I am not sure what the outrage is about. Do people just think bad stuff doesn't happen in this universe? The lawless frontier vibe was set up even back in TNG when the crew saw how the Bajorians were living and with the maquis back in DS9. We already saw people being tortured like poor Picard when the cardassians got him. Or it is a surprise people would harvest borg tech that can't be easily replicated from people?

This actually feels much closer to what voyager should of been. The only thing I miss compared to older trek shows is the episodic format. But that is an understandable sacrifice given the shows focus.

Incredible Member

it's like a single super long episode of star trek

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Poor Icheb, that scene was tough to watch.
    It was atrocious. He was sacrificed in such gory fashion that I felt I was watching a grindhouse film not an episode of Star Trek. My young niece and nephew were watching with me and I had to tell them to leave the room. When I was a kid I could watch every episode of Star Trek with no issues.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That lady's name was Vajazzle. Nobody thought hey, that's a bad idea. Or I guess they thought it was a good idea?

I don't even know.

I had to be honest with myself last week and admit that if this wasn't Patrick Stewart, I wouldn't still be watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ...I had to be honest with myself last week and admit that if this wasn't Patrick Stewart, I wouldn't still be watching it.
    Same here, but nothing about the show troubled me until this week with the gaudy, overly violent Space Vegas episode.

Astonishing Member

It was atrocious. He was sacrificed in such gory fashion that I felt I was watching a grindhouse film not an episode of Star Trek. My young niece and nephew were watching with me and I had to tell them to leave the room. When I was a kid I could watch every episode of Star Trek with no issues.
    I feel like they were making a statement to the original actor who played Icheb. The actor raised the ire of Star Trek fans (and apparently execs) when he sided with Kevin Spacey against Anthony Rapp. I think this was their way of erasing him from the Star Trek universe forever.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I feel like they were making a statement to the original actor who played Icheb. The actor raised the ire of Star Trek fans (and apparently execs) when he sided with Kevin Spacey against Anthony Rapp. I think this was their way of erasing him from the Star Trek universe forever.
    spoilers:
    That was bad enough, but what about Jeri Ryan? What did she do? They turned Seven into a vigilante mass murderer with that last scene.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    That was bad enough, but what about Jeri Ryan? What did she do? They turned Seven into a vigilante mass murderer with that last scene.
    end of spoilers
    Janeway taught her well.

Incredible Member

And it was cool to see Quark's Bar is now a franchise. I was hoping he was gonna make a cameo.
    Last edited by Styles; 02-21-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm sure that some fans from the 60s had to look away when Picard and Riker blew away Remmick's head.

Not to belittle your experience with Icheb's scene, and kudos to you for watching out for the children, but Remmick's head asplodin' looked more graphic than this. And this is nothing compared to the psychological trauma of the annual O'Brien Must Suffer episodes. As a kid, the scenes that gave me nightmares were when a scientist was repeatedly shot to death by a mining laser while Yar, Data, and the rest of the crew could only stand by and listen to his screams helplessly, or even the transporter melting scene in TMP. To each their own, and yes, Picard is on another level of mature content than its predecessors, but it's far from the first time we've seen pain and violence (and even torture) in the franchise. Plus, as much as creatives try to find creative ways to censor things, sometimes leaving it to the imagination is even worse (such as when two TOS crew members were turned to powdered cubes, and then were crushed while still conscious in those forms). And if *that's* the thing that cuts you off from the rest of the episode, especially since it's the beginning of the episode, then we're missing the forest for the trees.

Frankly, the more painful part is that Icheb was promoted to lieutenant before Harry Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Janeway taught her well.
    I know this is a stretch, but I really hope that it was Seven's time with a half-Maquis crew that taught her that. It's just that the Maquis angle was so poorly developed and then dropped altogether even before Seven actually joined the crew.
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-21-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

I know this is a stretch, but I really hope that it was Seven's time with a half-Maquis crew that taught her that. It's just that the Maquis angle was so poorly developed and then dropped altogether even before Seven actually joined the crew.
    It was more a joke about Janeway's more...frontier type behavior in voyager.

Janeway taught her well.
    You made me laugh, thanks.

This show isn't for me. I don't think I'll keep watching.

Janeway taught her well.
    Justice for Tuvix!

It was more a joke about Janeway's more...frontier type behavior in voyager.
    I know, but as much as I love Janeway and Seven, i took it as another opportunity to rag on Voyager.