Page 870 of 985 FirstFirst ... 370770820860866867868869870871872873874880920970 ... LastLast
Results 13,036 to 13,050 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I hope you apply that to Sanders with regards to his civil rights record, especially considering the fact that Beto is getting promoted by Oprah, Ellen, and now Gayle King.

Point being, you can vote for whomever you want to, but there are a lot of issues that matter to other Americans that you might not be considering with regards to overall support. What you see in Sanders, not everyone is going to care about.

Regardless, the more you bash Beto, the more it shows you see him as a real threat -- I doubt that will stop you but it does confirm what people are saying about Sanders supporters, especially with regards to Kamala and Beto.
    Does Bernie have a bad civil rights record or is it just people crying that he doesn’t jump feet first into identity politics enough? Because I see a lot of people dismiss him being involved in the civil rights marches, but I really don’t see anything that Beto or Harris have done that really compare beyond some lip service.

If being critical of someone is an indication of seeing them as a threat then many people, yourself included, have seen Bernie as a threat for a long time. But realistically no, I think Beto’s one of a handful that would actually lose to Trump.

Mighty Member

Beto rules.

I don't think he'll get the nom, and probably not my first choice anyway, but I'd be just fine if he did get it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Does Bernie have a bad civil rights record or is it just people crying that he doesn’t jump feet first into identity politics enough?
    I didn't say he had a bad civil rights record -- in fact, I didn't say anything bad about him at all.

But thanks for your telling take on "identity politics".

Extraordinary Member

I didn't say he had a bad civil rights record -- in fact, I didn't say anything bad about him at all.

But thanks for your telling take on "identity politics".
    What was my take on identity politics? I just said Bernie upsets people for not campaigning on. But feel free to tell me my stances on the facets of identity politics. I’ll be interested if there was substance behind your comment.

But yeah I just find it ironic that people who are general critical about Bernie (and this isn’t the first time you made mention of him having issues with civil rights without going into specifics) proclaiming that people who critique potential opponents (Beto won’t get far enough to be a real challenge) are somehow viewing them as threats.

Ultimate Member

What was my take on identity politics? I just said Bernie upsets people for not campaigning on. But feel free to tell me my stances on the facets of identity politics. I’ll be interested if there was substance behind your comment.

But yeah I just find it ironic that people who are general critical about Bernie (and this isn’t the first time you made mention of him having issues with civil rights without going into specifics) proclaiming that people who critique potential opponents (Beto won’t get far enough to be a real challenge) are somehow viewing them as threats.
    I mentioned civil rights -- you called it "identity politics".

That's problematic to me but I'm not going to waste time going into why for numerous reasons.

I can counter everything you're arguing by pointing out that I don't see Sanders as a threat and wouldn't have a problem with him winning the nomination -- it's the divisiveness of his supporters that is the problem and that was proven last election to the point where even the Russians knew how to take advantage of it.

You don't see me "attacking" Sanders -- you see me criticizing the way many of his supporters want to attack the Democratic party while their chosen candidate uses said party to his political advantage.

The moment you stop being divisive and attacking other candidates in an effort to make yours look better is the moment you prove me "wrong" in that respect.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mighty Member

I wish Bernie really did drive a Lamborghini.

LamBros!

Mighty Member

You didn't hear? Bernie is an infallible God. Any attempt to suggest any other democratic candidate may be remotely good or have any chance of winning will lead to the sayer being smoted.

Extraordinary Member

I mentioned civil rights -- you called it "identity politics".

That's problematic to me but I'm not going to waste time going into why for numerous reasons.

I can counter everything you're arguing by pointing out that I don't see Sanders as a threat and wouldn't have a problem with him winning the nomination -- it's the divisiveness of his supporters that is the problem and that was proven last election to the point where even the Russians knew how to take advantage of it.

You don't see me "attacking" Sanders -- you see me criticizing the way many of his supporters want to attack the Democratic party while their chosen candidate uses said party to his political advantage.

The moment you stop being divisive and attacking other candidates in an effort to make yours look better is the moment you prove me "wrong" in that respect.
    No I didn’t call civil rights identity politics. That a misrepresentation on your part. I questioned specifically where he was allegedly bad in civil rights because you have brought it up in the past and the only thing I can think of is that he doesn’t typically campaign under what is commonly labeled identity politics. Even if most of his policies have similar effects anyways.

You can try to counter me by denying that you see Sanders as threat but that isn’t congruent with your own argument since you usually are one of the first people to dive into the weeds and criticize him and jump into arguments over him. And considering how you just posted a freakin reddit post to show how you thought he was a threat to Sanders and simultaneously criticized his supporters (which started this whole discussion) it’s really difficult to take you at face value on not wanting to be divisive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    You didn't hear? Bernie is an infallible God. Any attempt to suggest any other democratic candidate may be remotely good or have any chance of winning will lead to the sayer being smoted.

No one has ever said he was. He just often relaxes unmerited criticism by people who are salty af that they didn’t get the result they wanted in 2016 who can’t look in the mirror. I have no problem with someone attacking him for his gun record.

I do have a problem with someone attacking him for Hillary losing when contextually he campaigned for her, he didn’t drag out the primary worse than she did vs Pbama, and a higher percentage of his supporters backed her than her supporters backed Obama.

I do have a problem of you want to attack him for his civil rights record without specifics when it’s in the context of arguing a guy who actually marched in the civil rights movement vs some newbie who never accomplished or did anything on that front.

Mighty Member

You have been smoted.

The Hand of Bern decrees it.

Mighty Member

And you totally act like he's an infallible God and that any other candidate not dare be mentioned in the same breath.

It's fine. Weird, but fine. I've never been so hung up on a political figure. Even the really cool ones, like Obama.

Extraordinary Member

You have been smoted.

The Hand of Bern decrees it.
    It doesn’t really matter. Trump’s winning in 2020, the 22nd Ammendment will be repealed and Kavanaugh will be the key vote in getting him emergency powers to extend his term indefinitely

Extraordinary Member

And you totally act like he's an infallible God and that any other candidate not dare be mentioned in the same breath.

It's fine. Weird, but fine. I've never been so hung up on a political figure. Even the really cool ones, like Obama.

Give examples? Because Warren’s actually my preferred candidate.

Mighty Member

Give examples?
    Some thread I saw on cbr.com.

But if you say you say it's not true, I believe you.

Extraordinary Member

Some thread I saw on cbr.com.

But if you say you say it's not true, I believe you.
    Good because I’m never wrong