View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    From what I understand her powers are not reincarnation. She doesn't become a different person her life is just reset back. She lives her same life unless she changes things is more like she is stuck in a never ending loop.
    That is a kind of reincarnation. It’s the word Destiny uses. She reincarnates at the beginning of her life.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Not following either why people think Moira had Destiny assassinated by Legion/Farouk. Moira knew Destiny's warning still held. Irene had to know it was coming and had its own purpose.

Bigger question, of course, is who knew about Moira and when in this timeline, starting with people like Magneto (if he knows) and how, say, Farouk didn't know. The Shadow King held sway over Moira and everyone on Muir Isle for months.

So much to discuss! So much to try to understand! So much to enjoy!

I love the ambiguous implication regarding the multiple timelines, which is the 616 / "our normal Marvel universe," how Hickman/Moira imply that various past stories were alternate realities but doesn't technically change the past of the 616...

Destiny looked fantastic. Loved how menacing she was.

I thought that Moira and Cylobel might be connected in some way, especially because of the "girl with one foot in two worlds line " -- but going back for a look, that line appears to be about Rasputin. Yet that line from Apocalypse regarding ascendence has me thinking about Cylobel being turned into data, and how being within a digital hivemind may be the solution Apocalypse is referring to.

Here's what I know: I loved the subtle jab at the X-line since Morrison's run; the "lost decade" indeed.

I'm glad Hickman recognizes that run as the push forward the X-line needed, and I love that he's continuing the push forward even further.

-Pav, who is going to need so many re-reads...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That's what the subsequent 16 year X-Men run is for.
    16^0: The Hickman run. Year One. The Relaunch.

16^1: The Hickman run. Year Sixteen. The Event Delays. President Jaden Smith and his VP Eric Andre take office. Snoop consumes Saturn.

16^2: The Hickman run. Year 256. The Last Issue Of The Event Drops. Hickman, a brain in a giant Roomba, self-depricates on social media platform Tweety the Lesser.

16^3: The Hickman run. Year 4096. The Phosphorus Wars begin. EiC C.E.B.U.L.S.K.I. Mark XIV must finish all of the books before sending the Japan nation-ship across the universe and relaunching everything. The Cancellation.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not necesarily. Hickman was vague here but gave us just enough to speculate.
    Not really. It’s pretty clear she always has to die. It is possible some form of consciousness lived for a very long while in IX but that’s not technically the same thing. She may have experimented before dying.

I suspect this will tie into Moira VI which I expect to be the ‘Moira Trask’ timeline. In other words various stories about her dealings with AI may yet to be told, and that is probably quite important.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    This book contains the umpteenth Hickman reference to the ‘dark age’ of comics being a bad thing. In this case “the lost decade”, meaning presumably the ten years that culminated in AvX.
    Nah, I think he means AvX itself (in which he wrote the one good issue) and the years after. He's a fan of Gillen's run.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I want to know what happened to Life 6 why is that gone. Or maybe she died fast.....
    Pretty sure Life 6 is 616 timeline.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clessx3 View Post
    Pretty sure Life 6 is 616 timeline.
    My guess is that Life 6 is where she learns about Krakoa and the omegas.

I haven't read this whole thread, so I apologize if this theory has already been suggested. What if these two minis, House of X and Powers of X are Moira's 10tu timeline, in which she "makes the right choice" as Destiny said. This 10th timeline ends in these minis and the 616 that we've been reading all these years is actually her 11th timeline. The "right choice" would be something along the lines of having her mindwiped, so she starts her final life with no memories of previous lives. But what we will see in the relaunched books after the minis are over is those previous lives start to interact with the 616. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, I think he means AvX itself (in which he wrote the one good issue) and the years after. He's a fan of Gillen's run.
    Again I am not referring to runs or writers. I am referring to editorial direction. I am not even referring to what most people call ‘The Dark Age’ but instead the death of comic book forward motion after the bankruptcy. The end of AvX for me marks a watershed. The moment that Marvel realised they needed to stop being so corporate and allow writers to do what they are paid to do and actually tell stories that go somewhere.

So I am not saying Gillen’s X-Men was poor or that this story was ‘dark’, just that editorial decisions in the mid 2000s created a very cyclical storytelling mode that was essentially pointless. Partly out of the necessity of rebuilding the company. In many ways AvX helped pull us out of this. The writers demanded the opportunity to actually create a new status quo and push forward rather than provide an illusory change that would inevitably get reset. The editors agreed for once and Marvel Now was born.

Destiny is cool af.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread, so I apologize if this theory has already been suggested. What if these two minis, House of X and Powers of X are Moira's 10tu timeline, in which she "makes the right choice" as Destiny said. This 10th timeline ends in these minis and the 616 that we've been reading all these years is actually her 11th timeline. The "right choice" would be something along the lines of having her mindwiped, so she starts her final life with no memories of previous lives. But what we will see in the relaunched books after the minis are over is those previous lives start to interact with the 616. Just a thought.

Yes this kind of theory has been suggested, but bear in mind that wiping her mind doesn’t remove her powers. She would live life 11 and if she didn’t die before she was 13 she would start the whole cycle again. Plus the continuity we know wouldn’t exist in 11 unless someone else managed the timeline somehow. That’s very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I’m hearing multiple different theories. Some people believe that life 6 will be the 616 version and has yet to be revealed for whatever reason. I’m not sure at this point. The only reason I’m not sold on timeline 10 being the 616 version is that it’s never established that the school was created. In this timeline Xavier never created the school for the gifted from what I can tell or maybe it’s implied but not mentioned in the timeline graph.

This was some of the most "Hickman..." writing that Hickman has ever done.

Actually wound up being even better than I thought it would be.

Incredible Member

Moira has NEVER been a mutant. She was clearly and plainly established as a baseline human for the past, what, 40 years? So far, Hickman is disappointing the **** out of me.