Page 605 of 827 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Really now? I guess I didn't watch enough to notice.
    Veronica's mom was barely in the show. Just enough to be a nuciance in season one. I don't think she appeared after that.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I don't know what seems weirder, Henry scribbling "Henry Allen was here" on his cell or Barry going "And so was Barry."

Warden Wolfe is acting a lot nicer then I would expect him too. I wonder if we're only going to get to see more of his comic personality when it comes to his treatment of the Metahuman inmates, as well as his powers, or if the show is genuinely revamping him into a nicer warden then he was in the comics? Of course, he probably respects Barry enough to treat him differently from the average inmate.

It was nice to see Axel again and back in his Trickster duds. He was pretty much overshadowed by his dad in his debut episode and hasn't been seen since season 1, so it was good to see him get to be the main antagonist for Team Flash (with his mom in tow), especially since he's the modern Trickster.

It was awesome that they got Connie Bohrer back as Prank and, once again, referenced the 90's Flash show (right down to bringing back the Trickster theme). Not only is she as fun as she was back then, but she has aged phenomenally .

Prank going off the rails after she stopped taking her meds reminded me of that scene in "Flash and Substance" from Justice League Unlimited where Flash points out to Trickster (voiced, of course, by Mark Hamill) that he's off his meds and wearing the suit again.

Speaking of, so James Jesse has been on the lam since last year and we're only learning about it now? Hopefully after this episode he can make a comeback next season and we can have a full Trickster family reunion.

Killer Frost has her own credit card? Is it in Caitlin's name, or hers ?

They poured acid on Beebo! Those monsters! And then they turned him into a flying death trap .

Thank goodness the Tricksters have no frame of reference for who Caitlin and Cisco are, otherwise their secret identities would be kaput. Also probably a good thing Caitlin looked away when Trickster and Prank were broadcasting them.

So exactly what are the colors in Ralph's proper Elongated Man costume? I can plainly make out the white lines, which I assume are nods to Ralph's comic costume, but is there any Elongated Man purple in there? Or is that red? Or black? It was really hard to tell.

I also think Ralph's domino mask being so large looked a teensy bit too much like Plastic Man's shades, but at this point I'm more surprised when the show doesn't do something with Ralph that evokes Plas.

Of course Ralph would accidentally coin "Elongated Man" and it would stick. I'm just glad they finally got to his codename.

So is the future West-Allen kid crossing off her bucket list to interact with her parents/grandparents and members of Team Flash?

Retired

I never heard that Prank--the Harley Quinn to the Trickster's Joker--was going to be in this episode. If I'd known the original Prank was going to appear, I would have been much more excited. And I think having her almost makes up for not having Mark Hamill. Imagine what will happen, maybe next season, when James Jesse returns to Central City--family reunion?

I was really pleased with the whole episode. So happy to see Beebo--Prank and young Trickster deserve severe punishment for Beebo abuse. Big Sir is much different from his original comic book incarnation, but his inclusion is a nice Easter egg--given Big Sir made his comic book debut during the Trial of the Flash story arc. And That Girl showed up again. Cool.

Interlac you say? Doesn't look much like the Interlac I've seen--maybe a different style of Interlac. I thought it was some mathematical language that only speed thinkers would understand.

Truly the Elongated Knight rises. Cheers for Ralph. Really a fun episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what seems weirder, Henry scribbling "Henry Allen was here" on his cell or Barry going "And so was Barry."

Warden Wolfe is acting a lot nicer then I would expect him too. I wonder if we're only going to get to see more of his comic personality when it comes to his treatment of the Metahuman inmates, as well as his powers, or if the show is genuinely revamping him into a nicer warden then he was in the comics? Of course, he probably respects Barry enough to treat him differently from the average inmate.

It was nice to see Axel again and back in his Trickster duds. He was pretty much overshadowed by his dad in his debut episode and hasn't been seen since season 1, so it was good to see him get to be the main antagonist for Team Flash (with his mom in tow), especially since he's the modern Trickster.

It was awesome that they got Connie Bohrer back as Prank and, once again, referenced the 90's Flash show (right down to bringing back the Trickster theme). Not only is she as fun as she was back then, but she has aged phenomenally .

Prank going off the rails after she stopped taking her meds reminded me of that scene in "Flash and Substance" from Justice League Unlimited where Flash points out to Trickster (voiced, of course, by Mark Hamill) that he's off his meds and wearing the suit again.

Speaking of, so James Jesse has been on the lam since last year and we're only learning about it now? Hopefully after this episode he can make a comeback next season and we can have a full Trickster family reunion.

Killer Frost has her own credit card? Is it in Caitlin's name, or hers ?

They poured acid on Beebo! Those monsters! And then they turned him into a flying death trap .

Thank goodness the Tricksters have no frame of reference for who Caitlin and Cisco are, otherwise their secret identities would be kaput. Also probably a good thing Caitlin looked away when Trickster and Prank were broadcasting them.

So exactly what are the colors in Ralph's proper Elongated Man costume? I can plainly make out the white lines, which I assume are nods to Ralph's comic costume, but is there any Elongated Man purple in there? Or is that red? Or black? It was really hard to tell.

I also think Ralph's domino mask being so large looked a teensy bit too much like Plastic Man's shades, but at this point I'm more surprised when the show doesn't do something with Ralph that evokes Plas.

Of course Ralph would accidentally coin "Elongated Man" and it would stick. I'm just glad they finally got to his codename.

So is the future West-Allen kid crossing off her bucket list to interact with her parents/grandparents and members of Team Flash?
    Screenshot_20180124-003353.jpg.............

Matt "peace out suckas"

Is no one going to talk about the glorious teturn of Our Lord and Saviour Beebo?

I find it hilarious they actually included Big Sir in the show.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I find it hilarious they actually included Big Sir in the show.
    I don't get that ref. Something from Goldberg's wrestling days I guess?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I don't get that ref. Something from Goldberg's wrestling days I guess?
    Nope. Flash villain reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sir_(comics)

Sandy Hausler

Nice episode. I really like Ralph's character developement.

Retired

It was quite the meta episode. I think your enjoyment increases the more you get all the Easter eggs.

I like the line about Kryptonite, where Elongated Man says "what's that?" and everybody else is like what you don't know?

It works on a few levels. In our world, K makes sense to us, because Superman is a fictional character here. But can it be the same on Earth-1? And if there is no Superman, then how do they know about K? Well, everyone at STAR met Supergirl--but not Ralph. So it could be that they know K as a real thing, but that's not general knowledge on Earth-1, so Ralph wouldn't know about it.

Astonishing Member

Personally the joke manages to be cringy and hilarious at the same time and that's what makes it great. It's VERY fourth wall leaning.

Sure the team might know what Kryptonite is. But it makes no sense for it to be a phrase used like we do in real life unless it's quickly become some kind of in joke to the team. At which point it'd have to be used almost exclusively to joke about Kara having a weaksauce weakness which...might work for Cisco and possibly Caitlin but not really Barry or Iris.

BANNED

Anyone feeling that Joe is getting more distant from Barry or is it me? Bill Goldberg as Big Sir was a nice easter egg. If only he had 'speared' somebody. Too bad he didn't get to interact with Barry as the flash. The total focus on tricksters mother son duo was certainly nice after the consant presence of devoe loomibg over barry though I was expecting devoe to feature in the ending scenes but Barry's 'daughter' appearing once again was a nice touch. I actually thought that instead of interlac she was writing the same symbols barry wrote after reappearing disoriented so does this mean a crossover is in the works with Supergirl or will they just concentrate on the flash family of future and not introduce the legion not even a parallel version of them that is if Barry was writing in interlac and not just scribbling meaningless jumble of symbols. It seems clear that iris will play some major role in proving barry innocent as a easer egg to the comic story especially after the challenge issued out by devoes wife in the previous episode.

Retired

The symbols are exactly like what Barry was writing and what Devoe had in his man-cave. Having just seen the Interlac symbols all over the Legion Cruiser on SUPERGIRL, I don't see the similarity. They could be the same--a normal script, like you would use for jotting stuff down, versus a formal font for impressive star ships--but I wouldn't make that leap. And you'd think the two shows would use the same style of writing if it was Interlac for both.

Apparently a lot of the scenes in this episode mirrored the scenes in "Trial of the Trickster"--episode 21 of THE FLASH (1990)--which was the final episode of the season and turned out to be the final episode of the series. And this episode comes right after "Trial of the Flash."

I need to rewatch the original FLASH series, because my memory is kind of vague. However, I did pick up on other stuff. The idea that Barry is in the cell where Henry was--played by John Wesley Shipp (the Flash)--so he's literally the man his father was. And there were a lot of references back to things from the old days--the gum that they don't have anymore on Earth-1, but it was so good and they still have it on Earth-2.

And in an episode that is about legacies, at the end we have That Girl show up. And she's a legacy character, too. How exactly we don't know yet, but we know she's somehow connected to the West-Allens.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I must also say I love that the Interlac easter egg still doesn't really narrow whether that's Dawn Allen or Jenni Ognats which makes it nice. Though admittedly her demeanor and hair style still leans towards Jenni.

I wonder if the writing translates to anything. It's technically a 1 to 1 cypher. Once a clear image is shown we might be able to translate what she was writing.
    Since there is a speed force episode coming up with Jesse I wonder if we find out who she is then?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Since there is a speed force episode coming up with Jesse I wonder if we find out who she is then?
    I'm curious if she might be responsible for giving Iris powers.

Set photos show Iris in a costume.