Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Right now we know that Christian Bale is playing the villain but we don’t know who.
    Yeah, I heard that....but I still Hope....!

Astonishing Member

Hela in the movies takes from a lot of characters from the comics, including Enchantress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkrCK3QP3h4

BANNED

Underwhelming to me that the villain will be Gorr the Dog Butcher

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Underwhelming to me that the villain will be Gorr the Dog Butcher
    Isn't he basically a Z-lister?

BANNED

Regardless, the character will debut in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Regardless, the character will debut in the MCU.
    That's true, but he's not really a villain with a lot of appearances. Not like Enchantress, Hela, Absorbing Man or even any of the Wrecking Crew or Ulik

BANNED

Exactly. It disgusts me to no end that the marvel character Amora who made her debut in the 616 Marvel Universe simultaneously with the marvel character Scarlet Witch and as of 2021 like the Scarlet Witch character has been around for 57 years by now STILL has NOT shown up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

BANNED

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I like Amora, but she's gone through long periods of not being used, even in the comics. After the Thor story she first appeared in, she basically almost never appeared in the Thor comic, and only occasionally turned up as a member of the Masters of Evil. (I think Kirby preferred using Karnilla as the resident Hot Sorceress in Thor.) She had a revival in the '80s when she started to appear more often in Thor, got a sister, and played an important role in comics like Dazzler.
    Possibility that the Asgardian Amora is deliberatley being kept out of the MCU because there is to be some incentive for the character to appear on Earth and become the first supervillainess for a member of the Mutant race to fight? Like in the comics, through the Fountain of Forever, the Enchantress learns of a dimensional rift into which she could tap to gain power enough to lay claim to the universe.

Ultimate Member

I really don't think she's being kept for the X-Men tbh. I think they'd probably face actual X-villains first

It's really not rocket science. They wanted to use other villains. There's no conspiracy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's really not rocket science. They wanted to use other villains. There's no conspiracy.
    I doubt it's a conspiracy either. MCU just likes to use Z-listers for some reason

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They're using Gorr because Taika Watiti is a fan of Jason Aaron's run on Thor.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

They’re keeping her out because the movies don’t want a villainess whose motivation is to do the nasty with the main hero.

Simple as that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They’re keeping her out because the movies don’t want a villainess whose motivation is to do the nasty with the main hero.

Simple as that.
    I agree it's problematic. But couldn't they change it? The Mandarin has yellow peril overtones, yet still is being used

BANNED

The Amora character's DESIRE for the Thor character is NOT to be a motivation in the MCU. Instead, the motivation is to be to dethrone the Tessa Thompson mcu VALKYRIE appointed ruler of the MCU Asgard. The MCU Amora acts out of a sincere belief that she herself is the only Asgardian woman suitable to lead the Asgardian people to greatness once more.