Super Moderator

Default SDCC LIVE: Skybound Sinks Its Teeth into "The Walking Dead"

Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard's "The Walking Dead" Comic-Con panel is set to cover everything involving the latest in the popular comic, and CBR is on hand LIVE.

Full article here.

Honestly I'm not a zombie/horror guy, but Walking Dead is the best in it's genre. I'm sure it borrows a lot or pays homage to many zombie films, but as person who doesn't dive into that genre, this book is incredibly accessible. Unbelievably character-driven, which surprised me more than anything. This is only comic I can hand non-comic book friends (who know of the show) and not have to worry about giving them any guidance. I just hand the volume #1 and they can follow the series with ease. I can't do that for X-men, Batman, Superman or Spider-man because there's shitload of spin-offs and my friends get confused where to start. I'm not interested in being someone's "comic book guy" guide.

Walking Dead shows the advantage of creator owned comics .. even with it's huge success, it's still just these two guys taking it where they think it's fun to go.

they answer a question about Rick's demise .. and I feel the demise of Rick has been set up by the leap forward. Or maybe Rick will hand command to another ..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLee View Post
    They answer a question about Rick's demise .. and I feel the demise of Rick has been set up by the leap forward. Or maybe Rick will hand command to another ..
    I used to care what happened to Rick in the comic but I'm probably pulling the plug soon. The show and the Telltale games are just better at the moment, and Lincoln's Rick owns the one in the comic in every single way. And the way Lincoln just became the character really is amazing, especially if you watch old episodes of Teachers and then play a few of the more dramatic episodes of TWD, he just was able to totally morph into another person. And the season 5 trailer, the way they're expanding on the cannibal characters, and what they're doing with Beth, it's like a drug. The comic, I haven't picked up an issue in 7 months, I pick up the trades here and there these days, but I'm about done. The time jump was the last straw really, I just feel Kirkman totally gimped Rick up beyond repair, he can never be the cool tragic hero he once was. While in the show, I don't see AMC going that route, Rick may take some bumps but he'll always come back and kick ass because he's one of the two most popular characters in the show.