Page 238 of 662 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dugan is a great writer, excited for maurders. Also glad storm is not leading hope it gives her certain freedoms a leader wouldn't have. I don't need her to always lead just because she can. The writing ais what matters. So if done well I'm good.
    I don't mind Storm not leading either, but seeing Kitty front and center, leading, gives me Guggs and X-Men Gold flashbacks, and then I do a looong, Negro Spiritual sigh.

If it was Bishop, Bobby, or hell Emma, I would be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I don't mind Storm not leading either, but seeing Kitty front and center, leading, gives me Guggs and X-Men Gold flashbacks, and then I do a looong, Negro Spiritual sigh.

When i think of a pirate or captain rather i see it as Kitty being more or less tied to the ship. Meaning she will be the last one if the ship goes down so given that setting i'm okay with the mutants that can move freely from the ship being able to do so. If it was a standard team i might feel different but i don't think Storm would want to be a "Captain" But i could see her totally enjoying this adventure and being the field team leader in most situations. I will atleast give it at chance rather than shoot it down before i see anything. Duggan's Uncanny Avenger run with Rogue in it was great so i'm hopeful.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hopefully the pic arent too small as im posting from my phone, but this is his response to my tweets

Attachment 84907

Attachment 84908

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    When i think of a pirate or captain rather i see it as Kitty being more or less tied to the ship. Meaning she will be the last one if the ship goes down so given that setting i'm okay with the mutants that can move freely from the ship being able to do so. If it was a standard team i might feel different but i don't think Storm would want to be a "Captain" But i could see her totally enjoying this adventure and being the field team leader in most situations. I will atleast give it at chance rather than shoot it down before i see anything. Duggan's Uncanny Avenger run with Rogue in it was great so i'm hopeful.
    Im currently reading his Savage Avengers and i like it (but not the art). When i was reading comics before my really long hiatus i didnt pay much attention to the writers i just read the book and went on my merry way, so its hard for me to be excited or disappointed when i hear writers names, (except Aaron, i cant wait for him to be done with Thor).

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post

Lol! I can honestly relate to this sentiment, it’s definitely a pebble in my shoe but I’m excited overall because of the enthusiasm of Hickman, Dugan, and Lolli in regards to the book and Storm in general. Saying out of all of them he’s the most excited for this one makes me happy she’s there. The cast and their strong personalities interacting makes me super excited. Having Ororo interact with Bobby more in a less parental way would be awesome, especially if we see her express her opinions on his coming out and lgbtq matters in general, personally. Her interactions with Emma as strong as they both are and with how deep their history runs together. Having Storm potentially as the most powerful member on a team on the open seas where she can really let loose if need be is EXTREMELY exciting to me. Also being on a team that has to do with directly saving mutants in crisis is so wonderful. If the book is as good as Hickman says and the writer is as fond of Ororo as he claims then I am beyond looking forward to this. I know not to take anything given to us by editorial at face value but with what we have to go on so far I choose to be hopeful. It all comes down to characterization and knowledge of interpersonal relationships between the characters. If it’s done right and by a writers who cares it can make all the difference between Guggenheim 2.0 and the next best thing for X-books. There’s a LOT of excitement about this book! I gotta believe it’ll be good. We’ve gone through too much BS on the X-side of things to not have hope that this new X-renaissance will not have some good in store for our girl. It honestly would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Hopefully the pic arent too small as im posting from my phone, but this is his response to my tweets

Attachment 84907

Attachment 84908

Call me gullible if this eventually turns out janky but this has me practically GIDDY. I really do feel like he loves her as a character and his claim to know both Marvel history and “real” world history gives me good butterflies. I’m here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Call me gullible if this eventually turns out janky but this has me practically GIDDY. I really do feel like he loves her as a character and his claim to know both Marvel history and “real” world history gives me good butterflies. I’m here for it.
    Yea i was being petty with the Black Panther comment but its how i felt. Hopefully he does know his Ororo history and gives us something to desire.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yea i was being petty with the Black Panther comment but its how i felt. Hopefully he does know his Ororo history and gives us something to desire.
    I dont think you were being petty. I think you just stated facts. Her development has been one that has occurred outside the xbooks so it would be respectable for these writers to compliment those stories instead of work to contradict or ignore it. thank you for sharing your post.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Attachment 84907

Attachment 84908
    Okay getting more hopefully if he truly knows her history.

Sorry, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am already skeptical and no amount of empty praise from editors or head writers is gonna sway me. Storm's been crap in the X-Men for nearly 10-12 years now! And throughout that time we had so many writers and editors again saying how much of a "fan" they were. And you know what, maybe they were, but in the end they just couldn't deliver. And I hope people get that this is where my frustration comes from. Optimism is pointless when the X-office has consistently let this character down. Normally, I wouldn't care that Storm isn't a leader. But I only had that sentiment when the character was actually well written. Since then she was made a joke during Wood's X-men run( needing a mandate and a vote to lead? WTF!) IVX was another disaster of leadership, then there was the whole treatment in Gold etc etc.

Storm DESPERATELY needs better treatment and rehabilitation. The fact that Hickman already thinks she shouldn't be leading and needs to play second fiddle to Kitty of all people does not instill a lot of belief that he gets the character. Some may say I am overreacting, but again, I am only coming at it from her near decade of bad writing. If she had been alright for the past ten years, I wouldn't be as irked. But now is the time to come out guns blazing with the character while showcasing her at her max potential. That means competent, badass, and yes, a LEADER. Again, they would NEVER allow Cyke or Cap America to not to be a leader. Can you imagine Cyke taking orders from Kitty! Anyway, rant over I guess.

BANNED

Attachment 84907

Attachment 84908
    I’m excited for this response. I just finished reading his Run on Uncanny Avengers and MAN!!! I must say he knows how to write a big cast. So, I have faith he can deliver. I believe him when he says he knows his History because in his run of Uncanny Avengers he actually referenced some old **** from the X-Men. So, I definitely appreciate it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-21-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I trust Duggan and despite not reading his Uncanny Avenger consistently (I didn't know when the next issue was coming out). Whenever I did I ALWAYS enjoyed it
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Sorry, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am already skeptical and no amount of empty praise from editors or head writers is gonna sway me. Storm's been crap in the X-Men for nearly 10-12 years now! And throughout that time we had so many writers and editors again saying how much of a "fan" they were. And you know what, maybe they were, but in the end they just couldn't deliver. And I hope people get that this is where my frustration comes from. Optimism is pointless when the X-office has consistently let this character down. Normally, I wouldn't care that Storm isn't a leader. But I only had that sentiment when the character was actually well written. Since then she was made a joke during Wood's X-men run( needing a mandate and a vote to lead? WTF!) IVX was another disaster of leadership, then there was the whole treatment in Gold etc etc.

Storm DESPERATELY needs better treatment and rehabilitation. The fact that Hickman already thinks she shouldn't be leading and needs to play second fiddle to Kitty of all people does not instill a lot of belief that he gets the character. Some may say I am overreacting, but again, I am only coming at it from her near decade of bad writing. If she had been alright for the past ten years, I wouldn't be as irked. But now is the time to come out guns blazing with the character while showcasing her at her max potential. That means competent, badass, and yes, a LEADER. Again, they would NEVER allow Cyke or Cap America to not to be a leader. Can you imagine Cyke taking orders from Kitty! Anyway, rant over I guess.
    Trust me, you’re preaching to the top left baritone singer of the broken Storm promises choir lol. But this feels new. Newer and much different than anything that has come for a while. Like things actually might get mixed up properly for a change. Don’t get me wrong, this could come out on the bottom of a pile of **** bricks. All I’m saying is that it also could be amazing. And the “team leader” is not always the most essential, developed, and properly portrayed character on a team. For all we know Kitty’s the one to watch the boat while field leader Storm and Co. go out and take care of business on the high seas. So if I say I’m hopeful just know that it’s because I’m tired. I’m a tired Storm fan and tbh hope is all I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

This point really sticks out to me. Storm should be on the same level as Cyclops. That she isn't really pisses me off.

I don't know Dugan from Adam. I hope other's faith in him is well founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    This point really sticks out to me. Storm should be on the same level as Cyclops. That she isn't really pisses me off.

I don't know Dugan from Adam. I hope other's faith in him is well founded.
    Maybe Orroro and Emma just pretend Kitty is in charge while they run everything themselves.