Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    The mention of Infinity, Inc. had me both giddy and baffled. I guess Beast Boy's Outsiders going public would be a solid spark to launch that sort of project, but my immediate concern was how to reconcile this with what (admittedly little) we know of the Justice Society in this universe.
    I've seen speculation this might be Luthor's version of the Outsiders that Godfrey gave him the idea for rather then JSA legacies banding together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen speculation this might be Luthor's version of the Outsiders that Godfrey gave him the idea for rather then JSA legacies banding together.
    As much as I'd like to see a version of the classic Infinity Inc, I agree that a version of Lex's II is far more likely. Although a "Gen 3" take on II centured around some of JSA v3 characters is also possible, after all II was based at a TV studio and Courtney Whitmore (an obvious inclusion) has consistently appeared on the show at a TV studio, so a reversioning of II/JSA v3 centured around characters like Courtney, Maxine, JJ and Danielle Garrett is at least possible.

Spectacular Member

Looking more and more likely to me this is gonna end with Darkseid completing the ALE and a big cliffhanger for S4. Halo is probably screwed if that's the case though since she (or her and Cyborg) are the key to the final piece of the Equation.

Granny Goodness was amazing in this episode, just her pure sadism on display both calm and enraged.

Incredible Member

I did remember Luthor's appropriation of the name in the comics before hitting the post button. Didn't remember Godfrey's advice, though. Yeah, would make sense. Can't say that I'd be thrilled about it, however. But I guess that's partially the point?

On a side note, I did get a nice chuckle out of the mention of Condiment King. (They better not eventually end up making him a serious threat.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Spectacular Member

You see comic editors? This is the kind of Cyborg we wanna see! Great episode, I'm glad they moved to the multi story telling format for these latest few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Granny Goodness was amazing in this episode, just her pure sadism on display both calm and enraged.
    Deborah Strong is surprisingly effective as Granny. It's like evil Aunt May .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    You see comic editors? This is the kind of Cyborg we wanna see! Great episode, I'm glad they moved to the multi story telling format for these latest few episodes.
    I was so happy to see him and Beast Boy talking together and training.

And Blue Beetle gave him the idea for his iconic Sonic Cannon, which was cool.

It was nice to see Karen and Mal, again. I also love the name that they picked out for their daughter: Aaliyah (it's what I heard, anyway)

I'm waiting to see what Dr. Jace's deal is. She's shady, for sure, but I am getting the vibe that she genuinely cares for Brion and Violet. The wiki says that she's 'bad', but that doesn't mean she is totally evil here.

Was she a villain in the comics? Morally ambiguous?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

She was a villain in basically all continuities. She activated Terra and Geo-Force's metagenes by performing experiments on them, was a part of the Manhunter cult, tried (and succeeded) to control Metamorpho and got him killed, and eventually ended up dead as a result of her own machinations.

She's been shady since she showed up, and I'm pretty sure that she's going to be the "real" traitor in this adaptation of the Judas Contract.

She also recently showed up in Black Lightning as a raging psychopath.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm waiting to see what Dr. Jace's deal is. She's shady, for sure, but I am getting the vibe that she genuinely cares for Brion and Violet. The wiki says that she's 'bad', but that doesn't mean she is totally evil here.
    She talked about losing her daughter. I think she's projecting a lot onto the Markovia trio (Brion, Terra, Halo) and her own warped ideas of family while she's working for the Light.

Poor Jeff though .

She talked about losing her daughter. I think she's projecting a lot onto the Markovia trio (Brion, Terra, Halo) and her own warped ideas of family while she's working for the Light.

Poor Jeff though .
    Yep.

Though if this is the way it goes, and Tara turns out to NOT be the traitor and instead truly joins her brother, it will be a good change from the usual Judas Contract. Plus, she's obviously different from most incarnations. She's younger, quieter, less expressive, and has her brother instead of Garfield as her main interaction (with a bit of Artemis).

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She was a villain in basically all continuities. She activated Terra and Geo-Force's metagenes by performing experiments on them, was a part of the Manhunter cult, tried (and succeeded) to control Metamorpho and got him killed, and eventually ended up dead as a result of her own machinations.

She's been shady since she showed up, and I'm pretty sure that she's going to be the "real" traitor in this adaptation of the Judas Contract.

She also recently showed up in Black Lightning as a raging psychopath.
    I dedicated the shadiness at the beginning, but I think I was distracted by her sob story and her attempts to win over the kids and Jeff. I would be very easy to manipulate in a situation like this, I guess lol

It's because of her showing on Black Lightning that I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop here. But then she started her redemption tour and I put her shifty ways out of my head until she started making the phone calls.

Poor Jeff though .
    I forgot all about the daughter (assuming she's being truthful about having one). I feel bad for Jeff, too. If she cares about the trio in some sort of sick way, she probably applies similar feelings to Jeff, as well.

Now that I am taking all of this in, she's actually one of the more interesting characters this entire season for me. I'm looking forward to seeing where the writers are going to take her.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It was nice to see Karen and Mal, again. I also love the name that they picked out for their daughter: Aaliyah (it's what I heard, anyway)

Was she a villain in the comics? Morally ambiguous?
    She's quite the villain on the Black Lightning show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    She's quite the villain on the Black Lightning show.
    Comically evilest-to-ever-evil evil is how I'd put it. And her face-heel turn retcon in the comics very much reminds me of Maxwell Lord's, but I haven't really read enough of it for a thorough judgment to be honest; might have been the plan all along for all I know.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Incredible Member

This whole season has felt like a let down. Especially the last half so far. I wanted the DCU, not Beast Boy, Halo and the Markovs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This whole season has felt like a let down. Especially the last half so far. I wanted the DCU, not Beast Boy, Halo and the Markovs.
    Honestly this season has been good at expanding and developing the DCU in a natural and progressive way. It is a show about the DCU but every season centered about the newest generation coming in along with the people everyone knows and love while trying to balance the other cast members which is honestly ballsy instead of having one set group as the focus.

This latest episode was a lot especially in info dump and confrontations.