• Yes

8 42.11%
  • No

11 57.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "Accept", it's pronounced "Accept"

As for Supemran with different power sets, it's fun to experiment now and then, eventually everything snaps back into place (I never an issue with Electric Boogaloo Supes)
    Thank u for the correction.

I voted No. His powers are iconic like himself, but there could be new powers, or his powers could eventually evolve with time. Man of Steel and some comics have alluded to it.

Also, they could play with the concept in Elseworld stories in which the Superman or Kryptonian in those has other powers. Bizarro has other powers besides super strength and flight.

There is also the bioelectric aura, but I'm not sure how much it's used or mentioned in the comics. I think All Star did. Plus the Superman movies have also aluded to it with Superman extending his aura to other people close to him like Lois when they fly in cold temperatures.

"I forgot how warm you are."

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Guys, i was not talking about reinventing the character. I was talking about just an alternative take/universe or an elseworld .
    But Superman has such a wide range of powers. With a different power set we would be giving up flight, heat vision, cold breath, X-ray vision, strength, fast healing,
    super hearing, not affected by bullets, stabbing weapons, poison, nuclear bombs, or fire. So what would he have instead? About the only powers Superman doesn't
    have is invisibility, mind reading, shape shifting, and telekinesis. And is he really Superman with just those powers? And if we keep any of the powers he already
    has it's not really a different power set. Just giving up some powers and replacing it with other powers.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He actually doesn't have my favorite powers: elasticity, force fields, "sixth sense", teleportation, gravity manipulation, time stopping, gas or liquid state, molecule manipulation, concussion beams...

But the funny thing is I think a strong combination of alternate powers gives the scent of Superman but falls short on flavor. Like the only thing that screams Superman ripoff more is having the flowing cape on a lawyer friendly union suit.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Kon93

Bio aura folks. Explain his powers with it, and then you can have fun with it. It can explain what he does now, but also explain things like his Torquasm-Vo, solar flare, etc.

It would also open up explanations for other Super characters powerset, like SB, Jon, Cir-El.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Different as in additional. I definitely think he should have some mental powers, at least telepathy if not telekinesis

Mighty Member

I would say NO, BUT!!

I loved the idea of Kon-El with different powers:

a) Kon-El I (based on the Pre-Flashpoint Kon-El mixed with the pure TTK Kon-El)

1. Kryptonian Powers like Superman (at NEW52 Superman Level)
    2. TTK Powers (Meta-human Powers, independent from Sun):
    -TTK Shields and forcefields
    -TTK Blasts
    -simulated Invulnerability, simulated super-strenght,simulated flight by dragging himself trough the air...
    -TTK Power-up (Martian Manhunter for example can use TTK to increase his strenght)

b) Kon El II (NEW52 Kon El, but better Version)

1. Kryptonian Senses, Kryptonian Strenght, Kryptonian Invulnerability and flying
    2. Full Telekinesis (including TTK)

this would be the NEW52 Kon-El BUT!! his strenght and Invulnerability would be at kryptonian levels and also his senses are like Supermans
    So he doesnt have Super-Breathe and Freeze Breathe and Heat Vision BUT!! Full Telekinesis

c.) Kon-El III (based on Captain Atom,Blue Electric Superman)

1. Kryptonian Power-Set
    -Kryptonian Senses
    -Kryptonian Invulnerability and Super-Strenght
    -Kryptonian Flying
    -Kryptonian Reflexes and Kryptonian Speed

2. Energy Power-Set like Captain Atom and Blue Superman had
    instead of Solar Energy absorbtion he can absorb,transform and release all forms of radiation/energy etc.
    -Energy blasts (he can release Atom Blasts, Electric Blasts, Radiation...)
    -Elektromagnetic Spectrum manipulation (control magnetism,gravitational forces....)
    - Lightning Bolt Travel
    -Teleportation
    Last edited by Masterff; 02-08-2019 at 09:04 AM.

If there were another power for Superman, I would give him shape-shifting. One big advantage would be he could make Clark Kent into a skinny, homely looking man so as to make
    it more obvious that Clark and Superman are two different people. Plus assuming other forms would aid Clark as a reporter. He could disguise himself as a mobster to infiltrate various
    gangs he wanted to expose.

It would work in an Elseworld/Multiversity story.

I honestly don't know.

I am someone who has hard time while changing the costume. Which is not that important. But powers? I don't know. I think it would depend on powers. Its difficult to imagine different powers. Flight and strength are too ingrained to his character. Protecting others with his invulnerable body maybe the second most popular image after him flying in the sky.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I would say NO, BUT!!

I loved the idea of Kon-El with different powers:

a) Kon-El I (based on the Pre-Flashpoint Kon-El mixed with the pure TTK Kon-El)

1. Kryptonian Powers like Superman (at NEW52 Superman Level)
    2. TTK Powers (Meta-human Powers, independent from Sun):
    -TTK Shields and forcefields
    -TTK Blasts
    -simulated Invulnerability, simulated super-strenght,simulated flight by dragging himself trough the air...
    -TTK Power-up (Martian Manhunter for example can use TTK to increase his strenght)

b) Kon El II (NEW52 Kon El, but better Version)

1. Kryptonian Senses, Kryptonian Strenght, Kryptonian Invulnerability and flying
    2. Full Telekinesis (including TTK)

this would be the NEW52 Kon-El BUT!! his strenght and Invulnerability would be at kryptonian levels and also his senses are like Supermans
    So he doesnt have Super-Breathe and Freeze Breathe and Heat Vision BUT!! Full Telekinesis

c.) Kon-El III (based on Captain Atom,Blue Electric Superman)

1. Kryptonian Power-Set
    -Kryptonian Senses
    -Kryptonian Invulnerability and Super-Strenght
    -Kryptonian Flying
    -Kryptonian Reflexes and Kryptonian Speed

2. Energy Power-Set like Captain Atom and Blue Superman had
    instead of Solar Energy absorbtion he can absorb,transform and release all forms of radiation/energy etc.
    -Energy blasts (he can release Atom Blasts, Electric Blasts, Radiation...)
    -Elektromagnetic Spectrum manipulation (control magnetism,gravitational forces....)
    - Lightning Bolt Travel
    -Teleportation
    This is something that I wouldn't mind seeing. Personally my preference would be for option 3.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If there were another power for Superman, I would give him shape-shifting. One big advantage would be he could make Clark Kent into a skinny, homely looking man so as to make
    it more obvious that Clark and Superman are two different people. Plus assuming other forms would aid Clark as a reporter. He could disguise himself as a mobster to infiltrate various
    gangs he wanted to expose.
    For me, this would work better as developing the Martian Manhunter as a more 3-D character distinct from his origins as a Silver Age Superman expy.

Yeah I can accept different powerset Superman powers aren't as important as people think, As long as he could fly and display extreme strength ,You can play around with his powerset some for me.

As for different powers I think someone already mentioned but best addition to the Superman powerset is "The Muscle Form" seen in My Hero Academia on All might it just nicely clean up the most teased about thing Superman. I would mind seeing Solar aspects of his powers played around with as well.

I prefer the way he is, but if its additional, then I would like to see him develop electromagnetism but maybe it is a bit too much of his already formidable power-set but it make sense because he get his powers from the yellow sun and he can see the electromagnetic spectrum and he could use that power for cosmic adventures, electromagnetism is very versatile, and it allows him to do more than just using his fists.

Applications of Electromagnetism:
    Audiokinesis - Just like Wraith, Superman can manipulate sound.
    Electrokinesis and Thermokinesis - Superman can generate heat and electricity.
    EMP - Superman can create a pulse which can disrupt technology nearby. Could be useful against tech-based enemies.
    Magnetism - Attract and repel objects, manipulate magnetic fields
    Psionics - Mimic psionic abilities such as telekinesis and telepathy. Also he can create a psychic shield via electromagnetism.
    Technopathy - Superman can control and interact with technology.
    Underwater breathing - Can breath underwater via electrolysis.

With the source of his powers, Superman has the potential to be even more powerful. I would like to see a future version of Superman where he can control his solar flare abilities and use it as a blast power similar to Captain Marvel.

Assuming this was for something like an Elseworlds tale, I would prefer if there were some in-story explanation for why this particular version of Superman didn't have the traditional Superman power set.

I figure the basics are as follows:

1) Super strength
    2) Relative invulnerability
    3) Flight
    4) Super speed
    5) Heat vision, X-ray vision, and various other vision powers
    6) Breath powers

Plus maybe one or two more. I want to add super intelligence, but I can see why it's not necessarily mandatory.

You could ignore some of the other stuff, or maybe even add to the list, but something similar to the above should be accounted for. If you removed any from the list, that's where I'd hope there were some explanation for why it's missing/different.