Page 416 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 20948
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    THR is saying no Snyder Cut is coming. Does this mean we can stop treating Grace like an “insider” now?
    Quoted Amadeus below for the real statement that WB provided THR.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    They said that a Snyder Cut release is not “imminent” which means it’s not coming anytime soon. They didn’t completely close the door on it and definitively say it’s never coming. There’s no plans at the moment but that could always change considering the enormity of support for the release of the cut in question. Warners knows there’s interest in it but they don’t know if it’s worth the costs to release it. Snyder’s version would take millions of dollars to finish. To Warners, that’s money better spent elsewhere. I think making it an HBO Max exclusive could be a way to entice more subscribers to their service but I don’t know if it will give that much of a boost to their subscriber numbers.
    #ReleasetheSnydercut

To everyone who participated this week and today, thank you and great job!

To everyone else, this thing had over half a million tweets today and was trending around the world several times throughout the day. Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and Ray Fisher (Henry Cavill was MIA and Ezra Miller doesn't have social media) all came out and threw in their support for #ReleasetheSnydercut. That is HUGE in itself. Did anyone else see Diane Nelson also support it?

If anything, we can say we tried. We showed AT&T and Warner Bros that there is demand to see some closure for some of us and Zack's original vision. Whether they do a limited theatrical release, release it straight to Blu ray, or offer it exclusively on HBO Max (outside of simply ignoring everyone and never releasing it) - messages were sent today: There is demand to see this version and not just the butchered version (it's OK if you liked it - I don't judge) that quite clearly clashed with itself.

Edit: Further reading - https://deadline.com/2019/11/gal-gad...ut-1202788376/
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-17-2019 at 08:37 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

First time for everything. As a Superman fan I hated everything Snyder did with Superman and I want both him and Cavill gown from Superman. But if this gives the Snyder cult some peace you know what? Give it to them, they can praise it as kino like BvS. But don’t expect them to not switch gears to demanding Snyder come back and take over DCEU again.

Edit: Mods might as well make a Snyder Cut thread because we’ve totally taken this thread off the rails.
    Dude, i can understand your preferences for a movie or a superman.It's merely a preference .But, calling an entire group a cult is not cool without ever knowing what that community is about(forgive me, i am presuming) . As i have said, let the hate rest.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude, i can understand your preferences for a movie or a superman.It's merely a preference .But, calling an entire group a cult is not cool without ever knowing what that community is about(forgive me, i am presuming) . As i have said, let the hate rest.
    Nah they’re a cult. The creator worship they have goes far beyond the ordinary, and they react very angrily at anyone who implies Snyder’s films are anything less than perfect. They even attacked the guy who tweeted THR article calling it “fake news” and what not.

We seriously need a separate thread for the Snyder Cut so all this bull can be contained there .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

A Snyder cut thread isn't a bad idea. But I dont see why it's so hard for people in both camps to accept that some people loved his visions and others really didn't. The movement behind the release of this version of the movie is pretty unique in franchise fandom so it's at the very least an interesting phenomenon, but those who don't care for it can always just ignore it. And that would be easier with a separate thread IMO.

Dave bautista supports snydercut.
    https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...795789825?s=20

Nah they’re a cult. The creator worship they have goes far beyond the ordinary, and they react very angrily at anyone who implies Snyder’s films are anything less than perfect. They even attacked the guy who tweeted THR article calling it “fake news” and what not.

We seriously need a separate thread for the Snyder Cut so all this bull can be contained there .
    There are rabid fans in every fandom,including superman fans. I know that's not hoe you judge a fandom. But, do you have a metric to measure how much in snyder fans or old decu fandom that(rabidness) is? No, you might not. Regardless, that does not mean they are a cult in my opinion. So, i am requesting you kindly to reconsider.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-18-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Quoted Amadeus below for the real statement that WB provided THR.
    Worthy noting this is not an official statement from the studio, it's just a "report". Also, the same THR said back in 2016 that "Suicide Squad" needed 800 million just to "break even". So, forgive me if I think their "sources" are not exactly trustworthy.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Damn. The Hollywood Reporter isn't trustworthy anymore because they got one thing wrong 3 years ago.

Last edited by Johnny; 11-18-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Whether you like it or not, Snyder kicked off the DCEU and provided three of its movies + cast the primary actors, some of whom are still enjoying the fruits of that relationship (Jaosn Momoa, Gal Gadot). The Snyder Cut is very much part of this greater conversation, but if it means people like you, who name call and categorize people who don’t agree with you, will stay away, then yes, perhaps a separate thread is for the best. For now, things have quieted but maybe if the Snyder Cut conversation continues or picks up soon, I will (or someone else who supports the release) start another thread.

Regarding THR, they’re just another industry trade who is mostly trustworthy in line with Deadline and definitely more so than The Wrap. But, I understand there may be some things they haven’t been accurate on.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 11-18-2019 at 07:52 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Again, guys, enough with the name calling (both sides, BTW, have been equally guilty of this). If you don't like something, fine, but leave it at that. Besides, nothing said here is going to change anything beyond this site, so it's an exercise in futility if you feel any of our posts are going to sway anybody's opinions.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Regarding THR, they’re just another industry trade who is mostly trustworthy in line with Deadline and definitely more so than The Wrap. But, I understand there may be some things they haven’t been accurate on.
    To be honest, I don't trust most industry trades and I really don't understand why so many people take anything they publish at face value. The majority of them just recycle news articles from other trades and there's an overall eagerness to be the first to break "news" without any actual confirmation. Remember when Entertainment Weekly said that Billy Crudup was out of "Justice League"? And let's not forget that infamous Wall Street Journal article, where a "senior WB exec" claimed that "there was not a Snyder Cut" and Zack "oversaw" Joss Whedon's reshoots. Hell, the fact that THR called the Snyder Cut "fabled" in their headline says a lot about their credibilty.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 11-18-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Again, guys, enough with the name calling (both sides, BTW, have been equally guilty of this). If you don't like something, fine, but leave it at that. Besides, nothing said here is going to change anything beyond this site, so it's an exercise in futility if you feel any of our posts are going to sway anybody's opinions.
    Acknowledged here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    To be honest, I don't trust most industry trades and I really don't understand why so many people take anything they publish at face value. The majority of them just recycle news articles from other trades and there's an overall eagerness to be the first to break "news" without any actual confirmation. Remember when Entertainment Weekly said that Billy Crudup was out of "Justice League"? And let's not forget that infamous Wall Street Journal article, where a "senior WB exec" claimed that "there was not a Snyder Cut" and Zack "oversaw" Joss Whedon's reshoots.
    Ah, I see your angle now. You are right with your points. I forgot about some of those things and have most recently been impressed by their casting confirmations.

Disney and Sony also said that the door was closed for Spidey returning to the MCU for the time being. Just a month before the deal was re-negotiated. So even if THR got official word from WB, there's no guarantee it wouldn't change in the future.

WB and DC def want to move on from anything Justice League related since it's an absolute embarrassment that Justice League was an absolute bomb while the Avengers have been dominant as they have but I think with all this fan clamoring, they might as well just drop whatever they have on HBO Max and call it a day. You have the risk of those fans demanding Snyder be rehired again but at that point, you can just tell them to kick rocks.

BANNED

The reason why we will not get the so call Snyder cut is the depends on the entire foundations of the DC films. In other words....WB/DC wants SUCCESSFUL FILMS that are both financial and critical and audience beloved films. Not controversial films that the Snyder based films has gotten them thus far. There is a reason WHY THEY”RE REBUILDING THEMSELVES.

Second, while the Studio heads of before are to blame for their current movie mess...Snyder also is to be blamed for how far they allowed his vision to go.

Third: Say that they do release the Snyder Cut, then what happens next as the players for the Justice League are gone and/or recasted ? So what’s the point if this was truly the end of Snyder’s vision of DC comics heroes ? Especially given that this was originally supposed to be a 2 PARTER MOVIE.