Page 403 of 782 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As the Archon traveled, Sarada, Meagan, and Asha'rah in tow; the Sand Elemanti was the first to speak between them.

<I must confess this is far more ... interesting than I had hoped. Who would have thought, one such as she might descend ?>

The Archon of Oighear, didn't respond at first, eyes set on the horizon, and only when she was sure of something did she acknowledge it.

<Bound to 'flesh', the same as we. Though far weaker ... yet concern yourself with that more pressing. The Youngest is set to finish what the Oni began ... the Eldest must be made aware.>

The Archon of Gaineamh offered a scoff. Yet, before a response could be made -- no doubt to contest the call for the Eldest -- a massive rift beneath the traveling group, opened up as the world buckled from a blow that parted the volcanic clouds above ...

<I will summon her, the Sand Elemanti responded before asking somewhat curiously, <What will you do, dear sibling ?>

The Archon of Oighear did not respond.

... when it was obvious she would not, at least for some time, the Archon of Gaineahm disappeared and made its way swiftly toward the Crystalline Expanse ... and once it was gone, the Archon of Oighear headed toward the trio following swiftly behind.

The Archon of Oighear appears before the trío, yet unlike the previous times they had 'met', it does not remain passive long, and gesturing towards where they could feel Ishtar and something ... else ... she points toward herself, and strangely; only Sarada, and Meagan.

Though she offers an explanation shortly, for only Meagan to hear.

<Things have progressed ... for the worse. Intervention, and your presence is perhaps required. As we cannot act against our own 'sibling', without the allowance of the Eldest ...> Pausing a moment, the Archon disappears some distance ahead, before returning, expression grim.

<The Fallen One will survive the heat beyond this point, as will I. Yet you will not. I can assist in this, yet I would not force it ... Will you accept ? Consider quickly, this world will not suffer this abuse, much longer.>
    <If it gets us to our goal, we accept your offer.> Meagan replied to the Archon, then to Sarada, "We have been offered assistance and I have accepted. Be prepared for anything."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As the Archon traveled, Sarada, Meagan, and Asha'rah in tow; the Sand Elemanti was the first to speak between them.

<I must confess this is far more ... interesting than I had hoped. Who would have thought, one such as she might descend ?>

The Archon of Oighear, didn't respond at first, eyes set on the horizon, and only when she was sure of something did she acknowledge it.

<Bound to 'flesh', the same as we. Though far weaker ... yet concern yourself with that more pressing. The Youngest is set to finish what the Oni began ... the Eldest must be made aware.>

The Archon of Gaineamh offered a scoff. Yet, before a response could be made -- no doubt to contest the call for the Eldest -- a massive rift beneath the traveling group, opened up as the world buckled from a blow that parted the volcanic clouds above ...

<I will summon her, the Sand Elemanti responded before asking somewhat curiously, <What will you do, dear sibling ?>

The Archon of Oighear did not respond.

... when it was obvious she would not, at least for some time, the Archon of Gaineahm disappeared and made its way swiftly toward the Crystalline Expanse ... and once it was gone, the Archon of Oighear headed toward the trio following swiftly behind.

The Archon of Oighear appears before the trío, yet unlike the previous times they had 'met', it does not remain passive long, and gesturing towards where they could feel Ishtar and something ... else ... she points toward herself, and strangely; only Sarada, and Meagan.

Though she offers an explanation shortly, for only Meagan to hear.

<Things have progressed ... for the worse. Intervention, and your presence is perhaps required. As we cannot act against our own 'sibling', without the allowance of the Eldest ...> Pausing a moment, the Archon disappears some distance ahead, before returning, expression grim.

<The Fallen One will survive the heat beyond this point, as will I. Yet you will not. I can assist in this, yet I would not force it ... Will you accept ? Consider quickly, this world will not suffer this abuse, much longer.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    <If it gets us to our goal, we accept your offer.> Meagan replied to the Archon, then to Sarada, "We have been offered assistance and I have accepted. Be prepared for anything."
    Sarada didn't know what the elemental was saying, but the intense, unbearable heat that surrounded her in this section of the planet gave her an idea. Ishtar must have been fighting a fire elemental. Why, she didn't know.

She didn't care. She would grind its molten bones into ash.

"I accept," she said without hesitation. Anything that would allow her to take part in the action.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan quickly dodges to the other end of the kitchen, only to realize just what had happened to the stove, the oven, the island, essentially anything carrying food at the moment.

"NononononoNOOO!!!"

He stands still and alert as he watches the train go by, only to realize that he had been so panicked by the food that I've forgotten to ask -- DA HELL IS A TRAIN DOING HERE?!

He tries to peek over the side of the wall, the seeming source of the train itself, to see where it is and where it's coming from. "Damnable magic...!"
    The Train, making quick work of the opposite wall, continues onward with several consecutive crashes confirming the successive walls did little to stop it.

Zaofan, for his part, made an attempt to peek through the opening that had been made by the projectile train to make some sense of what the hell had happened. The hallway beyond the doorway was pitch black, the train emerging from a inky black formless cloud just beyond the threshold. Then....the tail end if the train emerges and continued past zaofan, ripping from remained of the wall on its exit and showering the cook in dirt and dust....

.....and in that moment of confusion a shadow spung forth, covering his entire vision. A hand, a very large black-tinted armored hand.....closed around his head before there was time properly react to it amiss the madness. With a jerk that would have tore the head off a normal man, Zaofan was yanked off his feet and propelled upwards...his body used as a makeshift bulldozer to smash clean through the celiing above them, and the celing above that....and finally the roof.

Now outside, the grip released itself as it casually tossed Zaofan upwards...clamping now onto his leg and swinging the cook around midair. In that instance, his vision catches the flowing golden hair and dark armor like clothes of one he had the displeasure of dealing with in the past.

Fight before he found himself being flung earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "I believe you. By all accounts I have encountered, your master has long fallen into the abyss of his own obsession. We make our own destiny. That is why we strive. Sit back, if you have become apathetic like Zurvan. Step forward, if fire like Ishtar burns within you. Help us, enlighten us or try to stop us. But I will not be fate's plaything."

As Asha'rah made her way towards the building, she reached out, sensing who would be found inside.
    Asha'rah can detect Zaofan, Etrina and three other rather large PLs within in the building proper.....one which seems to be blinking randomly around while etrina and the remaining two are separated from the other.

Chronas mildly displeased voice then responds from behind. ".......For a goddess you sure are naive......As long as you keep playing the game, fate will keep playing you for the fool. But fine....My timetable never really needed any particular action from you....So by all means, Keep striving. But you may want to strive a little more towards the west side of the home for the sake of the cook." Chrona pointed towards the manor in the distance just in time a rumbling sound to erupt from within....followed by a train ejecting from the west wall of the manor, skidding along the ground and erupting into a fireball.

Moments later Parsic explodes out from the roof carrying Zaofan and flings the weakened cook towards the ground.

"Zaofan!" Erosa cries out in panic and moves to launch forward just as her body freezes in place, the time familiar wrapping both her arms around the Id from behind and holding her suspended in time. ".....This one however...I need to take a time out for a little....."

Chrona gives the goddess a quick wave and smile before vanishing from sight, taking Erosa with her.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 11-08-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada didn't know what the elemental was saying, but the intense, unbearable heat that surrounded her in this section of the planet gave her an idea. Ishtar must have been fighting a fire elemental. Why, she didn't know.

She didn't care. She would grind its molten bones into ash.

"I accept," she said without hesitation. Anything that would allow her to take part in the action.
    The Archon nodded, and moving swiftly, it manifested two small slivers of ice and handed over each, before again offering an explanation for Meagan to pass on.

<A fragment of my anamacha ... I believe the Khosians once referred to such as Ka ... The soul, by others now long since passed on. I will, at the least, keep you alive in the presence of my sibling. The one who wishes a reckoning for what your friend, the Oni, did five-thousand years prior .. regardless of the ruination he brings to those who survived.>

A massive shockwave ripped the ground beneath them then, and nearly knocks the trio out of the sky ... and from the pain Sarada feels in her chest; it's clear who was on the receiving end. Though it's curious ... despite the strength she can feel from what is certainly the Archon, and the pain blossoming in her chest as the result of the Aka Manah ... Ishtar's PL is still worryingly low.

Yet she's certainly not dead.

The Archon of Oighear's frown deepens after the shockwave dissipates however.

<You need to hurry.>
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Archon nodded, and moving swiftly, it manifested two small slivers of ice and handed over each, before again offering an explanation for Meagan to pass on.

<A fragment of my anamacha ... I believe the Khosians once referred to such as Ka ... The soul, by others now long since passed on. I will, at the least, keep you alive in the presence of my sibling. The one who wishes a reckoning for what your friend, the Oni, did five-thousand years prior .. regardless of the ruination he brings to those who survived.>

A massive shockwave ripped the ground beneath them then, and nearly knocks the trio out of the sky ... and from the pain Sarada feels in her chest; it's clear who was on the receiving end. Though it's curious ... despite the strength she can feel from what is certainly the Archon, and the pain blossoming in her chest as the result of the Aka Manah ... Ishtar's PL is still worryingly low.

<You need to hurry.>
    "Tch!"

More pain shot through Sarada's chest. "I've had enough!" Her power surged in unison with her blossoming aura, allowing her to shoot head toward where the battle was taking place. As she got closer, she felt that Ishtar's power was low. Even though she was in the middle of what was certainly a life or death struggle. The opponent, on the other hand, dwarfed theirs by several magnitudes.

I might not have a choice but to use Hitozaru!

Her right hand started to buzz as more ki cycled through it. I'll only have one shot at this. Gotta make it count.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Landinghorn busily applies salves to Zurvan’s wounds, tsking at him while Shek’hinah mumbles and starts casting a ritual over Sihn. The light where his eye was seems to be dimming as it slowly heals.

“No. Close, but we we interrupted. Bah, fu....”

The two women glare at Sihn, stopping him mid sentence. He clears his throat before continuing.

“As I was saying, someone interrupted. By the way, Stine brought Hammer back to life. No underath, but life life. Fracking Angels.....”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Landinghorn busily applies salves to Zurvan’s wounds, tsking at him while Shek’hinah mumbles and starts casting a ritual over Sihn. The light where his eye was seems to be dimming as it slowly heals.

“No. Close, but we we interrupted. Bah, fu....”

The two women glare at Sihn, stopping him mid sentence. He clears his throat before continuing.

“As I was saying, someone interrupted. By the way, Stine brought Hammer back to life. No underath, but life life. Fracking Angels.....”
    Ishtar nodded slowly.

"So Stine, brought Hammer back ... if I was allowed Hakai, this might not have been an issue." Though knowing that Sakin was searching for it -- and by extension, her -- it was far safer to have not used it on one of his underlings.

"Who interrupted ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

<You need to hurry.>
    Taking the sliver of ice for herself, and giving the other to Sarada, Meagan offered her thanks to the Ice elemental.

"Tch!"

More pain shot through Sarada's chest. "I've had enough!" Her power surged in unison with her blossoming aura, allowing her to shoot head toward where the battle was taking place. As she got closer, she felt that Ishtar's power was low. Even though she was in the middle of what was certainly a life or death struggle. The opponent, on the other hand, dwarfed theirs by several magnitudes.

Her right hand started to buzz as more ki cycled through it. I'll only have one shot at this. Gotta make it count.
    "These will protect us in the heat, we need to go to Isthar quickly."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ishtar nodded slowly.

"So Stine, brought Hammer back ... if I was allowed Hakai, this might not have been an issue." Though knowing that Sakin was searching for it -- and by extension, her -- it was far safer to have not used it on one of his underlings.

"Who interrupted ?"
    “Some half robot half human looking woman thing. Had these weird piston cylinders on her back. Dark hair. Very intense.”

Zurvan nods.

“I had Stine in my hands and was about to kill him when she appeared and kicked me and Stine through a mountain and off planet. I believe we crashed into an asteroid somewhere when we finally stopped, I’m....not entirely sure. I may have a concussion.”

Sihn snorts, then hisses at the pain as his eye grows back.

“She was on me and Hammer right quick. Was about to blow a bullet through his brain when she grabbed the gun from my hand and stole a bullet from it before dropping it. Then she backhanded me through a mountain, grabbed Hammer, and tore his arms off. By the time I got back there, arm broken, Stine had teleported Hammer away and Zurvy here was mumbling about this being bullshit.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Some half robot half human looking woman thing. Had these weird piston cylinders on her back. Dark hair. Very intense.”

Zurvan nods.

“I had Stine in my hands and was about to kill him when she appeared and kicked me and Stine through a mountain and off planet. I believe we crashed into an asteroid somewhere when we finally stopped, I’m....not entirely sure. I may have a concussion.”

Sihn snorts, then hisses at the pain as his eye grows back.

“She was on me and Hammer right quick. Was about to blow a bullet through his brain when she grabbed the gun from my hand and stole a bullet from it before dropping it. Then she backhanded me through a mountain, grabbed Hammer, and tore his arms off. By the time I got back there, arm broken, Stine had teleported Hammer away and Zurvy here was mumbling about this being bullshit.”
    Ishtar blinked.

"I know her ..."

A woman that was half-human, half-robot. There was almost no denying who it was who appeared, that she had done this to not one, but four legitimate higher beings at the same time.

That distant fear came creeping in.

"Genesis. She is after power ... for what purpose I do not know. You say she took only a single bullet? "

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar blinked.

"I know her ..."

A woman that was half-human, half-robot. There was almost no denying who it was who appeared, that she had done this to not one, but four legitimate higher beings at the same time.

That distant fear came creeping in.

"Genesis. She is after power ... for what purpose I do not know. You say she took only a single bullet? "
    “Just one. You know her?”

Shek’hinah starts the same ritual to heal Ishtar now, frowning at her wounds.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh puts on the Mark II version of Quantum Transmission subspace pocket teleporter watch on her right wrist and activates Mr.Gazakai saying " Mr. Gazakai I'll be out for awhile so take care of my stuff while I'm gone okay." Mr. replies in a Robotic tone " order accept Mr. Gazakai is here to serve ." Qaztoh leaves her Lab to go of to find Jinzi to ask him if her ancestor Althena has been thaw out yet saying I can't wait to talk to my ancestor ." " also just like I promise I give donation to the Galaxy Police Reconstruction fund."

" next month I will give another donation of 1,000 Zenny to the Galaxy Police Reconstruction fund. " " now where's Jinzi ?" "really need to ask him if my ancestor Althena has been thaw out safely yet." " I know he said it would take awhile surely several weeks would have been enough time."

" I also wonder Praxat has been up to these past weeks." " I never got the chance to interact with her since I been so busy lately." " I know she's in the mechanical engineering wing, but what has she been doing there?"
    for Cleric

Qaztoh finds Jinzi and speaks to him saying " while it's been several weeks now has my ancestor Althena been successfully thaw out yet?" " also I been very busy lately with fixing Mr. Gazakai and making the Mark II version of my teleportation device." " so I haven't kept in check with Praxat. " " what has she been up to?"

" the Mark II version of my teleportation device has a more efficient CPU with higher processing power. " " this version can teleport a larger group of people than the old version could." " it's range is also greater." " the Mark II version can teleport a person to another planet in another Galaxy base on my assumption."

"I went though several blue prints and failed tests to finalize the Mark II version of my teleportation device." " I have yet to actually test out the finalize Mark II Quantum Transmission subspace pocket teleporter watch." " also found out what was wrong with my bot Mr. Gazkai." " apparently the Captain of space pirate crew I had been with for 3 years the Stratovarius Buccaneers , Captain Stratovarius!"

" decided it was a good idea to install his dancing software in my bot which I had told him was corrupted." " his freaking corrupted software give Mr. Gazakai a virus that corrupted it's programming." " so I had to wipe out Mr. Gazakai entire software program and write a new one. " " dammit Captain Stratovarius is such a blockhead."

"I also updated Mr. Gazakai security system to improve his anti virus protection, and adjust his heat ray." " it now has variable temperature settings so that it can better cook and reheat food." " it took me 2 days to fixed Mr. Gazakai and 4 days and 4 weeks to finalized the Mark II version of my Quantum Transmission subspace pocket teleporter watch."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Post Ishtar being rescued:

Ishtar and Asha’rah suddenly find themselves in a familiar waiting room. The room is strangely absent, the Oni secretary not there. Instead, sound can be heard coming from Sihn’s office.

Going in, they are met with a strange scene. Shek’hinah and the secretary are busy taking care of two wounded, badly, deities. Sihn’s left eye is gone, a wound filled with glowing light instead. His left arm hangs useless by his side, a drink in his right hand as he slams it down. Pale blood drips from a dozen wounds.

Leaning heavily against a wall is Zurvan. The aspect is bleeding, something Ishtar didn’t even think was possible, and both hands are badly cut up and bruised. He calmly spits two teeth out as he sees them enter.
    Of all the things Ishtar had been expecting. The God of Time, and the Warden of Universe 15 battered, and gravely wounded, was not one. That Zurvan was injured at all was surprising, given his station ... though given the previous conversation with Sihn ... she could guess the source.

Stepping away from Asha'rah, Ishtar approaches her uncles, and sagging against the closest chair - as injured as she was, it was some feat she was standing - and simply asks;

"Did you kill them ?"
    Asha'rah straightened, allowing her feet to touch the ground out of respect for the two beings before her and the gravity of their situation. Sihn had been assigned the task of hunting down the traitorous angel faction - plenty powerful as he was, he also had the weaponized might of a God of Creation in his holster. Yet there he stood, crippled on one side, arm broken and eye obliterated. What had he stumbled upon that left such destruction on a being such as he? Even when he had the backing of a being such as Zurvan? The God of Time had suffered serious wounds himself, teeth dislodged, clearly winded and arms too mangled to withstand another punch. Would Zurvan even resort to a punch? Asha'rah realized she could not recall him ever having to resort to a physical blow before, at least so far as she knew.

She addressed the man in charge of the universal clean up first, as was proper.

"Greetings once again, Sihn. When I sent Shimmer to help you find trouble, I assumed our enemies were hiding from you because they were too weak to oppose you. It seems this belief no longer holds water?"

Then she turned to the God of Time. The sleeping giant of the War in the Heavens, now reduced so soon after finally rousing himself to stand for something he cared about.

"And greetings, Zurvan. They say time heals all wounds. Yet here you stand, God of Time, bleeding on Mrs. Landinghorn's clean floor. What befell you so?"

“Just one. You know her?”

Shek’hinah starts the same ritual to heal Ishtar now, frowning at her wounds.
    Ishtar nodded.

"We met ... briefly." She started to explain. "She purchased a considerable amount of the metal, Katchin, some months ago. I tracked her down before she departed ... and we touched minds, briefly."

Ishtar offered.

"She is young ... no more than five years old ... and already so strong. Yet she wants more power. For what I do not know." The golden-eyed Oni sighed.

"I had planned to track her down, later. In light of what she has done, however ... I should probably do so, sooner."

Arx Inosaan

The Archon of Oighear watched the group depart, and for a time that would be enough. Until the Eldest, the Archon of Criostalach, arrived ... it would be too problematic for her to interfere otherwise.

Leaving it to the 'visitors' was simply prudent ... regardless of how they fared in the end.

"Tch!"

"These will protect us in the heat, we need to go to Isthar quickly."
    It would not take them long, to find Ishtar and the Archon of Lasair.

Though it was strange, Ishtar did not seem herself, the golden Ki that was her typical outward display, was gone. In its place was a half-shell of a familiar black interwoven with gold; that perhaps Sarada -- and Asha'rah -- would understand well. Though stranger still, was Ishtar's power-level ... now free from the electromagnetic interference that had crippled their senses for most of the time spent on Tatenen's surface, they could feel it clearly.

The Oni's power-level was no higher than one.

Despite this, the Oni and the Fire Elemanti did not cease their warring; the duo breaking away long enough to catch their breath before colliding once more with force enough to reshape the world around them ... and on the surface it seemed as if Ishtar was holding her own. Yet Sarada could feel ... and very quickly the others could see; that she was not doing ... well. Her form -- a thing she had long worked to hone -- was weaker than it should have been, and she was nursing wounds both old and new ... to say nothing of how she only struck with her right. Bound in Katchin, it seemed all her left arm was good for, was blocking the Archon's blows.

And with the beating she was taking though, even with what blows she blocked; there was no telling how much longer she might have lasted.

Unaware of the three of them in the moment, however, Ishtar and the Archon of Lasair continued on; the golden-eyed Oni providing the others time to plan, and perhaps catch the Elemanti she struggled against off-guard.

OT: Ishtar is currently under the effects of Aēšma Sij, and Unknown.

Arx Inosaan