Page 103 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2628
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Aw man, I love Electro. While I agree he hasn't been in many GREAT stories he's played a part in a number of good ones and I just like his goofy costume and powerset. Maxwell's Electro at least.... Francine leaves me cold.
    Love me some Electro.Gauntlet was cool, he played a great role in Marvel Knights and was Boss in the arc w/ Spider-man and Nate Grey, a.k.a. God Electro.

Aw man, I love Electro. While I agree he hasn't been in many GREAT stories he's played a part in a number of good ones and I just like his goofy costume and powerset. Maxwell's Electro at least.... Francine leaves me cold.
    Electro has had some good "powered up" stories, but I prefer him at a weaker level usually. I don't like him flying and creating forcefields and stuff as a regular thing.

Another controversial opinion, Nicholas Katzenberg was a great character. They never should have killed him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Electro has had some good "powered up" stories, but I prefer him at a weaker level usually. I don't like him flying and creating forcefields and stuff as a regular thing.
    It seems like the story of Electro is always being depowered or being repowered. He might be a flatter character than the Shocker at this point.

One thing I admire about Dan Slott is that he's good at re-establishing relationships amongst characters to satisfy a general status quo -- and even he bumped off Electro in favor of Francine Frye.

I liked her. I'm a sucker for the name. And what's there to miss with Max Dillon gone, other than a fun mask?

-Pav, who knows every character is the right writer away from being relevant and/or awesome...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Another controversial opinion, Nicholas Katzenberg was a great character. They never should have killed him off.
    I liked him too. There hasn’t been a sleaze-bag like him at the Daily Bugle since he died. Even Ken Ellis wasn’t as sleazy as him. Maybe Phil Urich after he became *sigh*… “evil” but the less said about that the better imo. But Nick was definitely one of a kind. His death from lung cancer convincing MJ to quit smoking was perhaps heavy handed, but a good lesson for younger readers who might have been facing peer pressure to smoke at that time.

Extraordinary Member

I'm glad they did.He was way too creepy to be a part of someone's life.If restraining order didn't work Peter would just throw him away on an Island.Him dying wraps it up, and I'm glad no one cares to even mention him.
    Characters like Jonathan Ceasar, that George guy(IIRC), and this should stay away from ASM.That's creepy fanfic stuff they do and we have had our share in it.Get creeps in other books, we've had many in ASM and I'm glad they are over.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm glad they did.He was way too creepy to be a part of someone's life.If restraining order didn't work Peter would just throw him away on an Island.Him dying wraps it up, and I'm glad no one cares to even mention him.
    Characters like Jonathan Ceasar, that George guy(IIRC), and this should stay away from ASM.That's creepy fanfic stuff they do and we have had our share in it.Get creeps in other books, we've had many in ASM and I'm glad they are over.
    Honest question; do you just dislike any character that isn't black and white good or evil? You seem to have a distaste for anyone who isn't easy to peg into good or bad.

Personally, I like having a gamut of complex and unique characters in my comics. Everyone knows a sleazy creep or two in real life so there's definitely room for them in comics, IMO.

I do agree the mad fan wants to kidnap and ultimately kill MJ has been overdone at this point. The less said about the whole Stalker fiasco the better.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Honest question; do you just dislike any character that isn't black and white good or evil? You seem to have a distaste for anyone who isn't easy to peg into good or bad.

Personally, I like having a gamut of complex and unique characters in my comics. Everyone knows a sleazy creep or two in real life so there's definitely room for them in comics, IMO.

I do agree the mad fan wants to kidnap and ultimately kill MJ has been overdone at this point. The less said about the whole Stalker fiasco the better.
    No, you're way off. Love me characters like Venom, Punisher, Red hood ,Black Cat, etc.

I dislike creeps, as in s*xual assualters and people who repeatedly harrass someone.

1)Nick,George(IIRC),Jonathan are all characters w/ an obssesion w/ MJ and will repeatedly harrass her.We have 3 of these characters in ASM, I think it's time we got rid of it for ASM and for MJ.You want to use these types for other characters go ahead.I think MJ has had her share.

It also requires a level of stupid since after 1 or 2nd encounter they get a restraining order or Peter takes care of them, period.We have had ceaser make threats to her and peter just lets him walk, like we all know if someone repeatedly harrased MJ and threatens her again Peter is gonna f*ck them up/ make sure they never get close to her ever again.

2)Otto also s*xually assualted her.Superior fans love acting like that never happenned.

I love complex and unique characters, I don't like s*xual assulaters and r*pists?And I don't think comics handle them all that well and ASM(MJ) has had more than her share of them and the sh*tty stories that follow them.(1 week without Peter and she's weak, MJ is mentally strong af.Not saying she won't get lonely or feel down, but she would never kiss a man or let someone do that to her if she in a relationship period.Specially not multiple times).

And we got 3+ creeps in ASM.Do you think every comic should have creeps in them?Even if we use your logic we've overshot the quota necessary.They already got room, do you want them to become a part of the supporting cast?

I'm not even taking the kidnappings into play here, which is also overdone.

Maybe let Peter and MJ be happy.That's what fans want.We don't want Peter dead when the relationship just got started again, or cheating on MJ or MJ kissing other guys when Peter's not around or being dead.

ASM has done creeps, period.Move them to new comics if you want to read about them.As for Black and White, I'd say any s*xual assualters is in the black.There's no nuance to any of there motivations other than hot girl in relationship and they can't keep their D in their pants.Why're you acting like these creeps are nuanced w/ a back story and are well written characters.They are written to add drama where there should be none and not in an effective way, also to give MJ a side-plot is ASM.Which their are a million ways of doing it better.

I think it's about time the symbiotes operate without a host, or at least they stay with Eddie Brock, Cletus Kassidy, etc. and no one else.

Extraordinary Member

Kind in Black should have put an end to most symbiotes. The new "event" is one of the worst we've seen even marvel standards wise .
    Eddie dies, Dylan keeps Venom.Flash is brought back as Anti-Venom(50/50 on this or stay dead).Cletus is Carnage, and Toxin is the Cop instead of the new kid.

KIB was the perfect time to tie symbiotes tighter than ever, instead the used it to press them out even more.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

No, you're way off. Love me characters like Venom, Punisher, Red hood ,Black Cat, etc.
    Yeah, sure. Lot of complexity there. Lol.

I dislike creeps, as in s*xual assualters and people who repeatedly harrass someone.

1)Nick,George(IIRC),Jonathan are all characters w/ an obssesion w/ MJ and will repeatedly harrass her.We have 3 of these characters in ASM, I think it's time we got rid of it for ASM and for MJ.You want to use these types for other characters go ahead.I think MJ has had her share.

It also requires a level of stupid since after 1 or 2nd encounter they get a restraining order or Peter takes care of them, period.We have had ceaser make threats to her and peter just lets him walk, like we all know if someone repeatedly harrased MJ and threatens her again Peter is gonna f*ck them up/ make sure they never get close to her ever again.

2)Otto also s*xually assualted her.Superior fans love acting like that never happenned.

I love complex and unique characters, I don't like s*xual assulaters and r*pists?And I don't think comics handle them all that well and ASM(MJ) has had more than her share of them and the sh*tty stories that follow them.(1 week without Peter and she's weak, MJ is mentally strong af.Not saying she won't get lonely or feel down, but she would never kiss a man or let someone do that to her if she in a relationship period.Specially not multiple times).

And we got 3+ creeps in ASM.Do you think every comic should have creeps in them?Even if we use your logic we've overshot the quota necessary.They already got room, do you want them to become a part of the supporting cast?

I'm not even taking the kidnappings into play here, which is also overdone.

Maybe let Peter and MJ be happy.That's what fans want.We don't want Peter dead when the relationship just got started again, or cheating on MJ or MJ kissing other guys when Peter's not around or being dead.

ASM has done creeps, period.Move them to new comics if you want to read about them.As for Black and White, I'd say any s*xual assualters is in the black.There's no nuance to any of there motivations other than hot girl in relationship and they can't keep their D in their pants.Why're you acting like these creeps are nuanced w/ a back story and are well written characters.They are written to add drama where there should be none and not in an effective way, also to give MJ a side-plot is ASM.Which their are a million ways of doing it better.
    And we've found your trigger.

Y'know, I've really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt around here constantly shouting over everyone and making the same five points again and again but I'm done. I'm out. Learn to talk to people with basic civility.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yeah, sure. Lot of complexity there. Lol.

And we've found your trigger.

Y'know, I've really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt around here constantly shouting over everyone and making the same five points again and again but I'm done. I'm out. Learn to talk to people with basic civility.
    Yeah, Eddie Brock and Jason Todd aren't complex but Nick Katzenberg is...

Again don't try on my behalf.You initiated the conversation and when I made points played for Moral high ground.
    You quoted me first.Please go ahead and don't do that again...
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-13-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Kind in Black should have put an end to most symbiotes.
    I mean they can still do something better with the symbiotes, but I think we've had enough of them just taking over whoever. It's like the Doctor Fate situation where the host only just slightly changes the story anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I mean they can still do something better with the symbiotes, but I think we've had enough of them just taking over whoever. It's like the Doctor Fate situation where the host only just slightly changes the story anyway.
    Agreed, I guess my broader point is that KIB was the perfect opportunity to overhaul symbiotes to make them tighter and more streamlined.Easier to get into for newer fans while providing the same symbiote goodness but w/ some twists to keep it fresh.

Whether that Overhaul was killing most of them and focusing on select few and regrowing, or changing symbiotes as in their functioning or anything else.

Agreed, I guess my broader point is that KIB was the perfect opportunity to overhaul symbiotes to make them tighter and more streamlined.Easier to get into for newer fans while providing the same symbiote goodness but w/ some twists to keep it fresh.

Whether that Overhaul was killing most of them and focusing on select few and regrowing, or changing symbiotes as in their functioning or anything else.
    I miss the times, when there were only few of them. The whole planet of the symbiotes, Knull and everything made the stuff too complicated.

I liked Flash as Venom. His was a good story. I like Eddie too, I think he is a complex character, definitely better as a hero than a villain, but man - Agent Venom was way more interesting take.

It probably was. I definitely agree that symbiotes could use a bit of retooling whenever possible.