Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Given Valeria's intelligence, and her relationship to Doom, I think she'd be a great magician. I'd prefer that over a mutation. But if she had a mutation, I'd prefer something that didn't overshadow her intelligence - maybe a naturally-passive power that she'll exploit like crazy. I'd say teleportation, but I don't want her stepping on Puppy's gimmick because I want him to come back.
    Marvel Girl's powers seemed to be energy manipulation based. It's not 100% clear what were innate powers and which were a result of the power armor she wore. We know for sure her invisibility... was a gadget she wore on her belt. Not 100% sure of the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Marvel Girl's powers seemed to be energy manipulation based. It's not 100% clear what were innate powers and which were a result of the power armor she wore. We know for sure her invisibility... was a gadget she wore on her belt. Not 100% sure of the other stuff.
    I always wished claremont would give us more detail on her ability. That was probably my favorite Fantastic Four run but like many others i have no idea what valeria powers were. As stated the invisibility was a gadget but i wasn't sure about the force field and she seemed to have a level of super strength as well or that could have been due to the forcefield. It was hinted she had a few abilities though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

That's where it get weird.... The first stories with Inhumans.... kinda stated that Terrigen was toxic to anyone NOT an Inhuman. It's kinda why Luna's birth was such a big deal.
    So the mutant toxicity was just a retcon, or an evolution?

Well.. the first one yes, but Marvel doesn't actually use the second definition.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    More of a plot element that was never consistently presented.

In Earth-X covering the entire world in a PERSISTENT cloud of Terrigen.... had no effect beyond giving nearly everyone in the world super-powers, and well... some of them went a bit crazy. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-9997

YEah.... that was a mega-event of a scale we rarely see. But.... it's version of everything was.... well.... a giant else-world that's fundamentally different from the main universe. Also..... the Terrigen didn't seem to do anything special to Mutants there though.... although in Earth-X... the concept of "Mutant" is any Human that was tampered with by the Celestials, and thus almost everyone.

Ultimate Member

More of a plot element that was never consistently presented.

In Earth-X covering the entire world in a PERSISTENT cloud of Terrigen.... had no effect beyond giving nearly everyone in the world super-powers, and well... some of them went a bit crazy. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-9997

YEah.... that was a mega-event of a scale we rarely see. But.... it's version of everything was.... well.... a giant else-world that's fundamentally different from the main universe. Also..... the Terrigen didn't seem to do anything special to Mutants there though.... although in Earth-X... the concept of "Mutant" is any Human that was tampered with by the Celestials, and thus almost everyone.
    If it's that inconsistent, I'd drop the whole business then. It just seems there to sow division.

If it's that inconsistent, I'd drop the whole business then. It just seems there to sow division.
    honestly the Inhumans have a lot of that... from an in-universe PoV even!

Ultimate Member

honestly the Inhumans have a lot of that... from an in-universe PoV even!
    That's true. They need to be more consistent.

As for mutant vs. inhuman, I don't think that really helps. Maybe it's just me but I generally like all the different "sides" of Marvel to generally get along.

Ah... but how? The idea of making someone a Mutant by adding an X-Gene sorta works.
    Radiations

Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Because i can't say it enough. Mary Jane Watson-Parker! When is she finally going to get her true moment of shine! I thought it was going to happen in Ironman, it kind of happened in Abrahms mini though she was barely in it. Why are the mary jane fans continously toyed with. -_- It seems everyone else girl gets a moment. Pepper Potts, Jane forester, it's time for MJ.

edit: I'll even take her back in the iron spider costume.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-07-2021 at 05:04 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I guess with that origin he could be a mutant.
    Well, yes and no. I mean you'd also have to explain why Conner Sims gained the same powers, albeit the unstable version, even though he's not a mutant. I suppose you could say that Adam only became the stable half of this yin and yang duality because he was a mutant, but that kind of ruins the poetry in the "science".

That said, Adam believes that he is the reason why his wife, Candace, seemed to be as long-lived as he is. While he credits his powers for that, there's really no logic to indicate that his powers should work in that fashion, unless his ability to affect matter -- organic and otherwise -- isn't limited to antiparticles. I think if you had to make Adam a mutant, a mutant power to affect the life forces of others, including extending, rejuvenating and healing, might be an avenue to explore. It could also explain why Conner Sims never really dies. Adam is subconsciously resurrecting him whenever he's depressed, melancholic or emotionally distressed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, yes and no. I mean you'd also have to explain why Conner Sims gained the same powers, albeit the unstable version, even though he's not a mutant. I suppose you could say that Adam only became the stable half of this yin and yang duality because he was a mutant, but that kind of ruins the poetry in the "science".

That said, Adam believes that he is the reason why his wife, Candace, seemed to be as long-lived as he is. While he credits his powers for that, there's really no logic to indicate that his powers should work in that fashion, unless his ability to affect matter -- organic and otherwise -- isn't limited to antiparticles. I think if you had to make Adam a mutant, a mutant power to affect the life forces of others, including extending, rejuvenating and healing, might be an avenue to explore. It could also explain why Conner Sims never really dies. Adam is subconsciously resurrecting him whenever he's depressed, melancholic or emotionally distressed.
    I guess so

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because i can't say it enough. Mary Jane Watson-Parker! When is she finally going to get her true moment of shine! I thought it was going to happen in Ironman, it kind of happened in Abrahms mini though she was barely in it. Why are the mary jane fans continously toyed with. -_- It seems everyone else girl gets a moment. Pepper Potts, Jane forester, it's time for MJ.

edit: I'll even take her back in the iron spider costume.
    Either a new spin in the Iron Spider Armor or having the Spider-Island powers come back in a more benign form . . . Funny enough, it would have been cool if she'd been one of the human celebrities invited to the Hellfire Gala, just to get Leah Williams writing her again. Alas, with how things seem to have worked out and be working out both in-universe and behind the scenes . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Sortof a retcon. It got changed because of such a large amount of the earth's air changed it that it became toxic to Mutants. This could explain it but what (sorry for sounding rude don't know how to word it better) took it so long? The cloud was released durring the Infinity event and at least 8 months went by since that because of time runs out, and I forget how long but durring the time between the end of that and ANAD as there was another time skip, the toxic thing came to be durring that. If it wasn't for that, the air changing it does work as Inhumans lived in such clean areas that pollution was killing them so it makes sense as to why Terrigen could have changed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Sortof a retcon. It got changed because of such a large amount of the earth's air changed it that it became toxic to Mutants. This could explain it but what (sorry for sounding rude don't know how to word it better) took it so long? The cloud was released durring the Infinity event and at least 8 months went by since that because of time runs out, and I forget how long but durring the time between the end of that and ANAD as there was another time skip, the toxic thing came to be durring that. If it wasn't for that, the air changing it does work as Inhumans lived in such clean areas that pollution was killing them so it makes sense as to why Terrigen could have changed.
    I see. I assume the editorial reason was to prolong conflict between both groups, though

Funny enough i thought for the longest time that Mockingbird and Squirrel girl were both mutants