Page 291 of 719 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 10783

I agree that it didn't look like Jean was giving Jamie much of a choice. I admit that I kind of enjoy when some of the telepaths dance on the edge of what is acceptable with their telepathy (see: Xavier or Emma Frost or any of them really). I think Jean was being playful but yes there could easily be a debate on how she handled the situation.

I think for Duggan there was a challenge in this issue with how to handle the psychics - Quire, Jean, and Exodus. If you are going to terraform a planet you can easily come up with why you need elementals and reality warpers but I think the telepaths especially are a challenge.

While personally I would prefer Jean as an omega tk I do think being an omega telepath is cool. It isn't a boring power.. I mean Xavier and at times Emma seemed way over powered with just telepathy. I think they can do new and interesting things with both Quire and Jean as omega telepaths but it will take creativity and imagination.

Again - I do think they are careful about power creep and they intentionally have limited characters and especially the omega mutants. I don't know if we'll get outlandish crazy telepathic feats like in years past. But we'll see. I could get surprised. Even though people say Jean has become a telephone I kind of wanted to see Jean do something big with her long range telepathy in this issue, but of course what we did get was great.

Duggan could have easily had Exodus do a tk feat but he chose Jean for it.

Loved Jean today. I'm looking forward to Duggan's X-men. Lmao at her getting Janie pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I'm glad he didn't have Jean needing to be boosted by Hope for anything...btw, I guess it was Quentin who was mind linking Iceman the HF Gala crowd(via Emma on her end), right?
    To me it was unclear how they were connected to Krakoa. We know Emma was doing her thing on one end.. but seems like there needed to be another telepath on the other (kind of like the mission to the Sun).

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    To me it was unclear how they were connected to Krakoa. We know Emma was doing her thing on one end.. but seems like there needed to be another telepath on the other (kind of like the mission to the Sun).
    I don't think Emma has the range spoilers:
    to reach a mind on Mars
    end of spoilers. She probably received the images and broadcast them to the guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It was mostly unecessary, the writer just wanted to write jamie giving birth cause he thoughts it was funny, I guess
    Oh man he literally gave birth to a idea!1 look it is so funny, like we are on 5th grade

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    The tk stuff...

While the feat was certainly cool, spoilers:
    after they changed the core of the planet, according to the data page, the gravity on Mars is still 76% of Earth. So it's easier to lift things there.
    end of spoilers

But it's Jean using tk! It's reason to be happy!

Now, about the telepathic stuff...

spoilers:
    concerning Jamie, as far as I understood, Quentin downloaded the schematics of S.W.O.R.D.'s base and Jean needed to pass that information for Jamie so he could create a new one accordingly. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the tone of what she says...

- Jean: Well, Jamie, I have an idea... An infectious idea. One that seeds itself deep in your mind and because you cannot help but to create -- to wrap and change reality -- it's idea that I think you'll have to give birth to.

Sounds a bit too forceful, no? Like he won't have a choice to refuse to do it...
    end of spoilers

Don't you guys think the part I underlined sounds a bit problematic? Honestly question. I'm wondering if I'm being too sensitive here.
    I noticed that too, Mars has lower gravity than earth so Jean feat wasnt impressive.

Duggan writing is tiresome and cringeworth. The wording is awful.

My friend said that Jean was used as router. She should just start a telecommunications company
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-16-2021 at 09:49 AM.

People are acting like this isnt in character with Jamie. He's always been portrayed as a comedic character. What we saw today is consistent with how he's been this entire era as well as Claremont and Davis in the past. What Duggan did seemed very much in line with how Jamie would be

I don't think Emma has the range spoilers:
    to reach a mind on Mars
    end of spoilers. She probably received the images and broadcast them to the guests.
    Don't let the Emma fans hear that lol I'm inclined to agree but we do know Emma was connecting those at the Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Oh man he literally gave birth to a idea!1 look it is so funny, like we are on 5th grade

I noticed that too, Mars has lower gravity than earth so Jean feat wasnt impressive.

My friend said that Jean was used as router. She should just start a telecommunications company

The gravity may have been different but that doesn't make it a non impressive feat. She threw a large heavy object and threw it a great distance. That counts for something.

What he said? This information changes everything about how we see and deal with Krakoa
    And there might still be other stuff on top of that.

-----------Spoilers-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It was mostly unecessary, the writer just wanted to write jamie giving birth cause he thoughts it was funny, I guess
    I agree that it didn't look like Jean was giving Jamie much of a choice. I admit that I kind of enjoy when some of the telepaths dance on the edge of what is acceptable with their telepathy (see: Xavier or Emma Frost or any of them really). I think Jean was being playful but yes there could easily be a debate on how she handled the situation.
    I think simply asking him for his permission beforehand would do the trick. The humour would still work exactly the same. Although, to be honest, I also think it was a rookie mistake. Jean should be much more skillful than that, especially when considering that Jamie isn't the most stable mutant around.

But, yeah, I could live with that for the sake of the humour, I guess. It's the lack of consent and the tone that bothers me.

I think I should sleep on it, though. I might be over-reacting.

Thanks, guys. :)

Omg I was thinking the same, she upgraded from the cellphone business and now she’s going full internet provider.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Don't let the Emma fans hear that lol I'm inclined to agree but we do know Emma was connecting those at the Gala.

The gravity may have been different but that doesn't make it a non impressive feat. She threw a large heavy object and threw it a great distance. That counts for something.
    She did far more impressive TK feats before. Duggan promised bigger feat than King in Black and failed to give us that

About Emma: she's an extraordinarily powerful telepath, no discussion. But I'm not sure if any non-omega telepath has range to reach another planet. Not even with Cerebro. But yeah... we just don't know. This kind of stuff depends on who is writing.

About tk: it's really impressive, especially if you take the scale of the characters and the size of the object into consideration. It's just not as impressive as it if was on Earth. I thought I should point out just for the sake of future comparisons we might want to make when considering other of her tk's feats.

Personally, I'd be happier if her tk was also omega-level. But I can live with strong tk like that very happily. :)

She did far more impressive TK feats before. Duggan promised bigger feat than King in Black and failed to give us that
    Maybe from duggan perspective sharing data via tp is a huge power feat,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

About Emma: she's an extraordinarily powerful telepath, no discussion. But I'm not sure if any non-omega telepath has range to reach another planet. Not even with Cerebro. But yeah... we just don't know. This kind of stuff depends on who is writing.

About tk: it's really impressive, especially if you take the scale of the characters and the size of the object into consideration. It's just not as impressive as it if was on Earth. I thought I should point out just for the sake of future comparisons we might want to make when considering other of her tk's feats.

Personally, I'd be happier if her tk was also omega-level. But I can live with strong tk like that very happily.
    I can only account for my taste and preferences but to me a jean grey without omega tk feels like a vegetarian steak or a pizza without cheese, don’t want to ruin it for the excited posters but my “power fantasy” about her is totally deflated.

At first I thought it was Jean, but then we see her with Exodus, Magneto and Lactuca on Arrako getting ready to transport it to Mars...QQ was already on Mars just chilling at the beach so I guess it was him

Personally, I'd be happier if her tk was also omega-level. But I can live with strong tk like that very happily.
    No, emma cannot connect to mars, nor even across the entire planet Earth. Even Charles could not. But Jean could and did.

What we saw here was an Omega TP Jean feat. And the TK was very impressive---and what I---would expect from Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!