Page 179 of 432 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 6479

- Jean's hair is red like a fox.
    - With the companies merging, she should be called... Marvel Fox

Just kidding, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Marvellous

Or she can take up the mantle of X-Man/X-Person or Captain X or Gene, X-Gene or Cerebrix or Mutant X,
    if Jean starts going by X-Woman I'll be left with no choice but to give up lol

Cable was nearly called Commander X.

As for Marvellous, that should be a team book name for Jean, Carol, Kamala, and Monica. Maybe add Sharon Ventura as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Cable was nearly called Commander X.

As for Marvellous, that should be a team book name for Jean, Carol, Kamala, and Monica. Maybe add Sharon Ventura as well.
    Quoted for truth.

Jean Grey or Phoenix work for me.

Marvel girl is.. guuurl you have two sons, being dead twice, married being a widow and name yourself a guurl? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    That reminds me that I forgot about Rachel and Valeria. I'd like to see those two interact especially if it's likely that Valeria will be Rachel's sister-in-law one day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Jean Grey or Phoenix work for me.

Marvel girl is.. guuurl you have two sons, being dead twice, married being a widow and name yourself a guurl? xD
    Apocalypse said the same thing lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I knew I kept this picture for a reason. Maybe A can help her with a new codename.

Like everyone else I prefer the codename Phoenix. It is the most important part of her legacy and brand recognition. It is used in every other media outside of comics. The same as Tony Stark is Ironman, Peter Parker is Spider-Man, and Steve Rogers is Captain America even if there are many other characters who have shared the name.

Phoenix is a departure that is necessary from the Marvel Girl identity. It is ridiculous that a woman would refer to herself as a girl, especially in 2020!

Marvel Woman would have been more appropriate even if Hickman may have plans for a new identity or return to Phoenix. The character work Brian Bendis and other recent writers put into Teen Jean should have been the end to the Marvel Girl identity.

But after reading HoX/PoX I believe Hickman could be setting up a connection between Jean Grey and the Cardinal Chimeras, which could become her new codename. The Cardinal we saw in PoX also had Jean Grey’s dna. The name Cardinal can work as a reference to Jean’s legacy as Phoenix, but without the Phoenix Force being involved.

The Omega Chimeras will play a big role at some point since it seems to be part of Mr. Sinister’s endgame. Some of these Omega Chimeras will have Jean Grey’s dna. The Cardinal chimeras have a hive mind, which could be due to Jean’s dna. What if Mr. Sinister has been trying to create a mutant Dominion by collecting and storing the Cardinal and Omega Chimeras from Moira’s many lives? He could be storing them in a singularity that exists outside of Moira’s lives. This mutant Dominion could be similar to the Phoenix Force and may be a power source that Jean and other Omega mutants can tap into through their dna. This could be the key to defeating the machine Dominions.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 06-08-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Cardinal sounds about as appropriate as a codename for Jean as Prestige is for Rachel.

BANNED

The thing is that we're trying to create a solution for an intentionally manufactured problem.

Imagine them just not wanting James Howlett to be Wolverine anymore. Not for any particular story reason but just specifically to strip him of iconography.

It's dumb, frankly.

Her name is Phoenix. Claremont solved this like 45 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The thing is that we're trying to create a solution for an intentionally manufactured problem.

Imagine them just not wanting James Howlett to be Wolverine anymore. Not for any particular story reason but just specifically to strip him of iconography.

It's dumb, frankly.

I agree. Those are Facts. Thanks.

And it's absolutely crazy that Claremont, in 1976 (!) knew better about female empowerment than some writers in 2020. The Marvel Girl codename and mini skirt is a character regression. She went from amazing confident and powerful character in New X-Men and X-Men Red to "Try harder Marvel Girl" in HoX/PoX... Again, I am not a Jonathan Hickman hater. Far from it. But if there is something wrong about his run so far, it's his take on Jean. Just compare with Percy's Jean, and the contrast is even more obvious.

Marvel Girl is a huge step back.

Does anyone remember what issue number it was in Ultimate X-Men where someone (I think Xavier) refers to Jean as Marvel Girl and she says something like "I outgrew that handle 2 bra sizes ago"? I literally think of that line anytime this discussion is going on.

There's also a moment in the Cry Wolf arc where Jean and Xavier go into the astral plane and suddenly she's in her Marvel Girl outfit and asks Xavier why she's wearing her 3rd grade Halloween costume.

It's so unreal that we have Jean back to using those in 2020 in a completely unironic way that isn't explained at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

It's dumb, frankly.

Thats pretty much what they did with the Old Man Logan era and giving the Wolverine mantle to X-23. They've done this to several heroes, Steve Rogers as Captain America, Peter Parker as Spider-man, Betsy as Psylocke, Thor, Carol as Ms. Marvel, etc.... Its actually happened ALOT in the past decade

So, as someone who misses teen Jean, I thought one way for adult Jean to embrace the legacy of Jeen is to adopt one of her costumes and wear a recolored version of it. Of course the hair would be longer without bangs. Which one do you prefer?
    1. Is too Rogue to me
    2. Most people prefer Jean in green and gold but unless it’s the Phoenix costume I think this color combination is some what boring just because she’s a red head
    3. My personal favorite in X-men Red colors. It was a new direction for adult Jean away from the Phoenix. She looks like a hero IMO.
    4. Jim Lee color scheme.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't care if it's "basic." Jean owned green and yellow/gold before Phoenix and she'll continue to own it. Those are HER colors.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey