Page 89 of 271 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And like I said earlier, there are scoops he has that are right, and ones that are off. And he has said himself it's all rumor. Grace is saying there are pictures, not just that it's a rumor. And Grace is a little out there, so not gonna take her word. The word I will take is Marvel's. When they get around to saying more about the show. I don't feel informed or excited about rumors. Because I'm too old for that, and most of the time, things like that don't turn out the way it's rumored.

I didn't make myself clear about my earlier post concerning those three videos. I meant to say that the Darkhold story Wanda is being featured in (in the comics) MIGHT play a role in Doctor Doom's origin story later on in the MCU. I actually think the MCU is gonna make Doom more magical than scientific at first. I don't think Darkhold will have anything to do with the actual WandaVision show. I don't think it can because the show has already been written. Emergency Awesome and Cosmic Wonder are two YouTube channels that are basically full of ****. They constantly post stuff that is full of speculation and conjecture and present them as FACTS. They're basically trying to pass themselves off like the Woodward and Bernstein of comic book reporters and nothing could be further from the truth. Accurate leaks depend on RELIABLE and often MULTIPLE sources. That's how legitimate journalism works. YouTube channels like those are not created by serious journalists. These dudes have NO way to verify their claims so I usually don't pay them any mind. But I do like to see the reactions to their videos. Because those YouTubers are as gullible as ****. I just posted them because Mephisto was mentioned by Cruelrain. I just think there would be TOO many villains in the series if there are multiple demon bosses involved. At least Charles Murphy ADMITS he is just guessing about what can happen in WandaVision because he's got a lot of free time on his hands. The way Bettany, Olsen and Feige talk about the show make it sound like they are having SO much fun. That House of M thing sounds a little dark for that. I don't think Disney wants to go too grim for such a family-friendly series. I agree with GenericUsername. It's good to rely on LEGITIMATE news publications like Deadline, the Hollywood Reporter and Variety if you want scoops that are definitely legit. The only online scooper that I sort of trust is Roger Wardell. A lot of his predictions do come true, but he's much more deliberate on his reporting about leaks. I'm curious to find out if his prediction about Clea actually being Asian will come true. The New Rockstars YouTube channel is entertaining. But at least they say up front that they are just speculating. Cosmic Wonder and Emergency Awesome are just a couple of clowns who make it sound like they're reading official press releases from Marvel Studios and they're being highly disingenuous when they present information like its been confirmed. 4chan and Reddit are even bigger jokes though. I do believe Wanda's role in Dr. Strange 2 will have something to do with her kids.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-10-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda going crazy has nothing to do with Cap in particular though. It is more of a coincidence with AD coming in the way.
    Oh thanks for clearing things up for me, dude.

[QUOTE=Steel Inquisitor;5003942]Hank deserves ridicule for the domestic abuse, but the blame for Ultron isn't his. He intended it to have a good purpose like Vision, not making a murderbot. He was the first victim of Ultron! The first act it did was erase his memories of it to cover its tracks so it can conquer the world without alarming the Avengers of its presence.

Beast's covering up killing humans in X-Force, maybe he'll be retconned into Dark Beast before he becomes another Hank Pym.

MJ isn't helpless, she's KO'd the Chameleon with baseball bat when he pretended to be her husband.

It shouldn't be for them, it should be for her fans and the Avengers fans. They'll hate her anyway while giving Mr. Sinister a pass. I'd love for Marvel to put characters like Cyclops on the stand and have a lawyer, like Murdock, dismantle him by bringing up how he personally told Wanda not to re power mutants, as well as trying to kill her with the X-men during Children's Crusade, as well as comparing how he acted when he and Jean were possessed by the Phoenix. They could make a mini-series just about people on trial without the super-heroes aspects and I'd buy it if it's written correctly.

Xavier needs to be held to account for failing Wanda as a mentor in that time period, it was hardly his best showing as a therapist and everyone forgets how deep he was with containing Wanda. Nobody blames him for failing her when she needed help.

Speaking of therapists how the writers have acknowledged the mental struggles characters would realistically have with being possessed and controlled by powerful forces with Wanda, but this has had the opposite effect by making her look crazy when others who should be showing these same symptoms like Cyclops and Jean don't have anywhere near the psychological affects when they really should. Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse, as well. He should be in a more fragile mental state then Wanda, fighting depression like she does. This has the unfortunate side effect of making her look mentally fragile and them walking away strong mentally.

Wanda's never been mind controlled in House of M, th power overwhelmed her and she had the added pressure by people wanting to kill and manipulation by others.
    I think a trial would be interesting if you add an investigative journalism aspect to it. Like have Eddie Brock go incognito to Genosha to interview mutants and visit Latveria to talk to Doom's minions to find out facts about what happened during those times. Then he can learn about some startling revelations and bring them back to the Daily Bugle. J. Jonah Jameson would publish these juicy details in his paper. He wouldn't care about which side was right, he would just wanna win a Pulitzer Prize or something and make a lot of money from the X-Men and the Avengers buying full page ads trashing each other. Then Murdoch could get in touch with Brock and probe him for more information, but Brock might refuse because he didn't want to reveal his sources. But Daredevil will find out anyway by appealing to his conscience and they would somehow protect those sources. We could then move into the courtroom where Cyclops and Wolverine are put on the stand and Murdoch would cross-examine them. We might even get one of those "I want the truth!" and "You can't handle the truth!" moments, which would be cool. The comics could then delve into how those traumatic event affected the Avengers. Iron Man could fund Wanda's legal defense, but he could admit in the series that the trauma drove him to alcoholism again and Hawkeye can confess he almost wanted to commit suicide because of his harrowing experiences. I definitely would give the mutants a fair shake. They deserve to tell how they were devastated by what happened and are worthy of some sympathy. And maybe at the end of the trial, there is a sort of ambiguous decision in which neither side gets exonerated or convicted. And Peter Parker will win a bunch of awards for the photographs he took during the trial. Murdoch could be nominated to the Supreme Court. It could be really fun and would be truly different from traditional superhero fare. Probably won't be for everybody though.

I think Hank has suffered enough. It's been forty years of rubbing his mistake in his face. Plenty of people convicted of murder have served far less jail time for their crimes and gotten released "in real life". Hank didn't kill anybody. He made a mistake that Peter Parker made (and Parker never suffered any backlash for hitting his wife). I think there's space and room for redemption in superhero comics. If he's trying to be a better person, and I think he is, I believe that should be recognized and rewarded. I often think Hank should just quit the superhero business and use his considerable intellectual talents to be a humanitarian (assisting impoverished people in Third World countries). That would rehabilitate his reputation and his friends in the Avengers could finally forgive his actions.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-10-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I didn't make myself clear about my earlier post concerning those three videos. I meant to say that the Darkhold story Wanda is being featured (in the comics) in MIGHT play a role in Doctor Doom's origin story later on in the MCU. I actually think the MCU is gonna make Doom more magical than scientific at first. I don't think Darkhold will have anything to do with the actual WandaVision show. I don't think it can because the show has already been written. Emergency Awesome and Cosmic Wonder are two YouTube channels that are basically full of ****. They constantly post stuff that is full of speculation and conjecture and present them as FACTS. They're basically trying to pass themselves off like the Woodward and Bernstein of comic book reporters and nothing could be further from the truth. Accurate leaks depend on RELIABLE and often MULTIPLE sources. That's how legitimate journalism works. YouTube channels like those are not created by serious journalists. These dudes have NO way to verify their claims so I usually don't pay them any mind. But I do like to see the reactions to their videos. Because those YouTubers are as gullible as ****. I just posted them because Mephisto was mentioned by Cruelrain. I just think there would be TOO many villains in the series if there are multiple demon bosses involved. At least Charles Murphy ADMITS he is just guessing about what can happen in WandaVision because he's got a lot of free time on his hands. The way Bettany, Olsen and Feige talk about the show make it sound like they are having SO much fun. That House of M thing sounds a little dark for that. I don't think Disney wants to go too grim for such a family-friendly series. I agree with GenericUsername. It's good to rely on LEGITIMATE news publications like Deadline, the Hollywood Reporter and Variety if you want scoops that are definitely legit. The only online scooper that I sort of trust is Roger Wardell. A lot of his predictions do sort of come true, but he's much more deliberate on his reporting about leaks. I'm curious to find out if his prediction about Clea actually being Asian will come true. The New Rockstars YouTube channel is entertaining. But at least they say up front that they are just speculating. Cosmic Wonder and Emergency Awesome are just a couple of clowns who make it sound like they're reading official press releases from Marvel Studios and they're being highly disingenuous when they present information like it's been confirmed. 4chan and Reddit are even bigger jokes though. I do believe Wanda's role in Dr. Strange 2 will have something to do with her kids though.
    Oh it's cool. I was just explaining to Cruelrain that I have the same reservations no matter who gave the scoop. Because it's still very much in the rumor mill. And I'd just rather wait for things to be confirmed. I just tend to temper expectations or not worry until I have a reason to worry.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh it's cool. I was just explaining to Cruelrain that I have the same reservations no matter who gave the scoop. Because it's still very much in the rumor mill. And I'd just rather wait for things to be confirmed. I just tend to temper expectations or not worry until I have a reason to worry.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just think it's ridiculous when Reddit and 4chan posters gets things MOSTLY right ONE percent of the time, all of a sudden they're legitimate news sources worthy of Pulitzer Prizes. Any respectable news organization with that kind of batting average would be laughed out of town, but Reddit and 4chan posters seem to retain a kind of credibility that they have proven time and time again that they don't deserve at all!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-10-2020 at 05:02 PM.

I made a Respect Thread for Wanda if someone wants to check her abilities during the years

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/scarl...d-616-2085689/

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just think it's ridiculous when Reddit and 4chan posters gets things MOSTLY right ONE percent of the time, all of a sudden they're legitimate news sources worthy of Pulitzer Prizes. Any respectable news organization with that kind of batting average would be laughed out of town, but Reddit and 4chan posters seem to retain a kind of credibility that they have proven they don't deserve at all!
    Exactly, good example. A lot of it driven by confirmation bias. That's why I take everything with a grain of salt until confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I made a Respect Thread for Wanda if someone wants to check her abilities during the years

That's a very nice thread!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Charles had said before this is not supposed to be any ''news'', so I think it's mostly speculation on his part, except for the part where he states there's a dinner scene in the first episode (that's something we didn't know before). And hey, there was a panel from James Robinson's Scarlet Witch series there, after all! It's good to know I wasn't completely wrong about that book being used as a source of inspiration.

Just one thing: that panel in which Hawkeye is disintegrating into ''legos'', he says it was one of her sons who did it. Am I remembering that wrong? Because I thought it was Wanda who did it.

Yeah, I read something about Cap and Wanda and the United Nations on the Internet. It could have been totally wrong though. So don't trust what I have to say. I just think a "trial of the century" could help rehabilitate Wanda's image and reputation. If done correctly. It could be even really compelling. Doc Sampson could be called in to testify about Wanda's mental state. Dr. Strange could likewise give testimony about her magical state. On advice of his counsel, Quicksilver could refuse to testify because of fears of self-incrimination. The X-Men could demand that Wanda be extradited and tried in Genosha (perhaps they have the death penalty there and the Avengers would oppose it). Wanda could be subjected to some brutal cross-examinations, but then she can defend herself too on the stand as well. The mutants could buy full page adds in newspapers smearing Wanda's reputation and the Avengers could respond by defending her in the press too. I'm just saying writers and artists could use a trial (maybe trials if there are appeals made) to finally hash out what really happened during those troubled times. Perhaps there can be a "mistrial" because Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and Mystique could shapeshift and "pose" as judges in order to get a conviction. Just do something really different, you know? Then again maybe it's just a dumb idea on my part that almost certainly won't go anywhere.

My opinion is that it's almost GUARANTEED Dr. Strange will appear in the last episode of WandaVision. I just can't imagine him not showing up then because the series is tied so closely with his movie. About the romance angle, weren't there rumors that the MCU was casting for an actress to play Clea? I think Marvel wants to explore the classic relationship between Clea and Strange and I would like to see it on screen. I actually believe now that the Multiverse of Madness will deal partly with Wanda looking for her kids if Mephisto's involved. And I'm curious to find out if Wanda's new Darkhold book will factor into her future in the MCU (now that Feige is in charge of the comic books at Marvel too). I just think it's really LATE to adapt the upcoming Darkhold story into WandaVision (because the latter hasn't even been published yet). But I'm starting to think it might have a BIG influence on Wanda later on and probably will be worth reading. Conversely, it might lead to the eventual departure of Wanda and usher in the age of Doctor Doom in the MCU. I think it's curious that the MCU might introduce Doctor Doom WITHOUT the Fantastic Four if this Darkhold stuff is pursued. I always thought Marvel Studios would go with the traditional origin story of Reed Richards and Victor Von Doom getting into it at college and then becoming rivals. But now I believe Disney probably wants to differentiate themselves from Fox. Previous films featuring the Fantastic Four always emphasized Doom's SCIENTIFIC credentials. However, it appears the MCU seems to want to emphasize his MAGICAL prowess FIRST. Fascinating. I personally think the MCU should do the classic Triumph and Torment story in Dr. Strange 3 because it would be an awesome way to conclude the Dr. Strange trilogy. Maybe Wanda can be there after she gets her kids back.

Yeah, some superhero dudes have lost their minds at various times, but Wanda must hold some sort of world record of being "brainwashed/possessed/mind-controlled." LOL! And thanks for reminding me of Hank McCoy. He's another brilliant scientist and mutant that I've always liked. All the mutants I like are blue. I've always been inspired by the scientific characters in the comic books because I LOVE the idea of idealistic dreamers creating practical and useful inventions to improve the world. In the MCU, I am particularly fond of Banner, Stark, Pym and Helen Cho. I love the friendship between Stark and Banner in particular:

Tony Stark to Bruce Banner: "We're mad scientists, we're monsters buddy, we gotta own it...Make a stand." And they both helped saved the universe at the end of Endgame. That was so great!

And looking at this Darkhold material going to be published later, I'm more convinced than ever Wanda will NOT return to being a mutant anytime soon. Or be retconned into being Magneto's daughter. I remember Feige and Whedon saying during the Age of Ultron that Wanda got her powers from magic as opposed to being a mutant. So I think they're gonna stick with that origin story.

Whatever happens in WandaVision, I have great confidence all the main characters in it will be treated well. One thing about Feige that I really like is he doesn't play favorites with characters in the MCU, while in the comics you can tell who is clearly favored and who is not. Paul Bettany (Vision) in an interview that the writers, directors and studio executives truly LOVE these characters and want to seem done justice on the big and now small screen. Many fans have waited for these moments for DECADES and these characters might not ever appear on film and/or on television ever again. So, I absolutely think that Vision and Quicksilver will get the respect that their fans believe that they deserve in WandaVision. I have NO doubt about that at all. Paul Bettany even said doing this show is a highlight of his career and he's proud of it. This sounds VERY different from what the cast of Game of Thrones said after season eight concluded. And I actually believe Vision will do something really BIG to help protect his family in that series. I don't know if he'll "save" them, but he'll do something I'm sure. And I'm hoping he gets to interact with Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange) too. I like both of those actors a lot. I still stand by my belief that Vision and Pietro will be done with the MCU after the show concludes. There have been virtually no leaks out there saying that either of them will be coming back to the main MCU universe. I actually think it's quite possible that all four "revived" characters from the Infinity Saga (Loki, Gamora, Vision and Quicksilver) will be restored to their ORIGINAL timelines if all of them were brought back to life using time travel. That would make perfect sense to me.
    You definitely have interesting ideas for the Trial of Wanda and it's not unprecedented for Marvel characters since Hank Pym, Jean, Reed Richards, and even Galactus have gotten them. My only fear is that it'll rehash a lot of past history that most Wanda fans want to forget and the X-Men fans will never let her live it all down anyway so they'll never be happy regardless. Better to pretend the 2000s never occurred when it comes to Wanda. I could totally see the X-Men creating fake news by posing as different characters though to damage her reputation beyond repair.

I'm glad you think Strange is likely to pop up in Wanda/Vision. The nurse character Rachel McAdams played won't be returning so I hope Clea can pop up in Doctor Strange 2. Although I wonder how they'll balance out Clea with Wanda. With Doctor Strange 2's original director gone, it's possible they could adapt the Darkhold story. I've heard that the MCU wants to introduce Doom before the Fantastic Four so they may go that route and establish him as a villain for Strange and Wanda. I'm not familiar with the Triumph and Torment storyline though.

I'm glad you like Hank McCoy and tbh, I forgot about Helen Cho in the MCU. I remember hearing they had big plans for her but she never appeared again after Age of Ultron if I'm correct. I like the Stark and Banner friendship as well in the MCU since the comic version is nothing like that.

It's a bit of a shame that Wanda can't be a mutant anymore, but to be honest, if that's the only way to keep her safe from being Magneto's daughter again, I can take it. I feel bad for Pietro though because his powers don't rely on magic the way Wanda's does so it makes him more insignificant in the long run. I didn't realize Paul Bettany said that Wanda/Vision was the highlight of his career so that's made me even more psyched for this show which I didn't think was possible. It'll definitely be interesting to see what they plan for Loki, Gamora, Pietro, and Vision.

Amazing job!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Hank deserves ridicule for the domestic abuse, but the blame for Ultron isn't his. He intended it to have a good purpose like Vision, not making a murderbot. He was the first victim of Ultron! The first act it did was erase his memories of it to cover its tracks so it can conquer the world without alarming the Avengers of its presence.

Beast's covering up killing humans in X-Force, maybe he'll be retconned into Dark Beast before he becomes another Hank Pym.

MJ isn't helpless, she's KO'd the Chameleon with baseball bat when he pretended to be her husband.

It shouldn't be for them, it should be for her fans and the Avengers fans. They'll hate her anyway while giving Mr. Sinister a pass. I'd love for Marvel to put characters like Cyclops on the stand and have a lawyer, like Murdock, dismantle him by bringing up how he personally told Wanda not to re power mutants, as well as trying to kill her with the X-men during Children's Crusade, as well as comparing how he acted when he and Jean were possessed by the Phoenix. They could make a mini-series just about people on trial without the super-heroes aspects and I'd buy it if it's written correctly.

Xavier needs to be held to account for failing Wanda as a mentor in that time period, it was hardly his best showing as a therapist and everyone forgets how deep he was with containing Wanda. Nobody blames him for failing her when she needed help.

Speaking of therapists how the writers have acknowledged the mental struggles characters would realistically have with being possessed and controlled by powerful forces with Wanda, but this has had the opposite effect by making her look crazy when others who should be showing these same symptoms like Cyclops and Jean don't have anywhere near the psychological affects when they really should. Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse, as well. He should be in a more fragile mental state then Wanda, fighting depression like she does. This has the unfortunate side effect of making her look mentally fragile and them walking away strong mentally.

Wanda's never been mind controlled in House of M, th power overwhelmed her and she had the added pressure by people wanting to kill and manipulation by others.
    Even the domestic abuse I think is unfair because it was never meant to be him full-on hitting Janet. Unfortunately the way the art was drawn escalated the situation and he's never fully recovered from that to the point that the Ultimate Universe made him into a full-on domestic abuser.

When did Beast kill humans in X-Force? Do you mean the latest X-Force series with Wolverine and Jean in it?

Damsel in distress MJ was a reference to the Sam Raimi trilogy. I think Kristen Dunst said she was glad she didn't have to be captured in Spider-Man 3 since Gwen was supposed to be the victim at the end, but they traded her for MJ for reasons I can't remember.

I don't think Wanda or Avengers fans really feel she needs a trial though for the most part. Most of us like to pretend that stuff never happened or that Wanda has progressed past it enough that we don't need to rehash all that. I would love to see Cyclops on trial though and held responsible for his crimes.

Are you referring to Xavier during the New Excalibur period when Wanda was on Genosha? It's not like he's ever had much success helping powerful females control their abilities as seen with Jean so I don't know why anyone expected he would suddenly succeed now. Morrison tried to portray Cyclops with psychological issues from the Apocalypse possession but they pretty much only manifested to break up him and Jean. As others have pointed out, in the superhero business it's pretty typical to get possessed or mind-controlled so if there was a story for every character having to deal with that trauma, that would be pretty much all we get in comics. Same with death and resurrection stories because pretty much every Marvel character has died once so you would think there'd be more of an emphasis on coping with that. As for Jean, she did deal with rejecting the Phoenix imagery and name in her X-Factor days and it wasn't until the mid-90s that she became okay with taking that mantle on again.

She wasn't mind controlled but she was possessed by that force which Doom took credit for and claimed it was always his plan. So Doom can be considered to have been responsible for her actions like he mind controlled her.

Very nice indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    You definitely have interesting ideas for the Trial of Wanda and it's not unprecedented for Marvel characters since Hank Pym, Jean, Reed Richards, and even Galactus have gotten them. My only fear is that it'll rehash a lot of past history that most Wanda fans want to forget and the X-Men fans will never let her live it all down anyway so they'll never be happy regardless. Better to pretend the 2000s never occurred when it comes to Wanda. I could totally see the X-Men creating fake news by posing as different characters though to damage her reputation beyond repair.

I'm glad you think Strange is likely to pop up in Wanda/Vision. The nurse character Rachel McAdams played won't be returning so I hope Clea can pop up in Doctor Strange 2. Although I wonder how they'll balance out Clea with Wanda. With Doctor Strange 2's original director gone, it's possible they could adapt the Darkhold story. I've heard that the MCU wants to introduce Doom before the Fantastic Four so they may go that route and establish him as a villain for Strange and Wanda. I'm not familiar with the Triumph and Torment storyline though.

I'm glad you like Hank McCoy and tbh, I forgot about Helen Cho in the MCU. I remember hearing they had big plans for her but she never appeared again after Age of Ultron if I'm correct. I like the Stark and Banner friendship as well in the MCU since the comic version is nothing like that.

It's a bit of a shame that Wanda can't be a mutant anymore, but to be honest, if that's the only way to keep her safe from being Magneto's daughter again, I can take it. I feel bad for Pietro though because his powers don't rely on magic the way Wanda's does so it makes him more insignificant in the long run. I didn't realize Paul Bettany said that Wanda/Vision was the highlight of his career so that's made me even more psyched for this show which I didn't think was possible. It'll definitely be interesting to see what they plan for Loki, Gamora, Pietro, and Vision.
    Thanks for the compliments. I was just making **** up. My preference for many superhero stories don't involve much superheroing at all. I like personal struggles that lead to emotional growth. And you don't need set-piece battle scenes to achieve this. That's why I heard the Vision series was so successful. Because it was built around a family dynamic and that was really unique in the Marvel Universe at that time. Maybe a trial wouldn't work. I would just like to see Daredevil in courtrooms as opposed to fighting in the streets so often. I don't know how they will fit in Clea in Dr. Strange 2. I've heard characters from Captain Britain to Ghost Rider to Man-Thing to Blade will possibly be appearing. I think they will probably have to change her pants though. LOL! I haven't read the Triumph and Torment story but I heard it was a cult classic. The story featured Dr. Strange and Doctor Doom teaming up and travelling to Hell to save Doom's mother's soul. I think that would be a cool tale to adapt into a movie or television show. I don't want to see Doom in the MCU as a 100 percent bad guy. WandaVision writer Jac Schaeffer has stated that "every good guy can be a bad guy, and vice versa." She wants so-called villainous characters who have motives and emotions displaying shades of gray and so do I. And I want them to not take themselves too seriously. Sort of like how Ultron was a joker. A story like Triumph and Torment would definitely humanize Doom. I hope Magneto does not get portrayed as a standard homicidal megalomaniac when he joins the MCU either. So I wouldn't mind if Doom and Magneto are funny as well. And on a side note, I totally agree with GenericUsername and lowfyr when they say the "hero fighting hero" thing has been overused. I say that this idea can't really be used again in the MCU because it's already been done in Civil War and also heroes in the MCU CAN'T kill each other like they do in the comics. Or else they will become villains. Imagine how bad things would be if Vision actually killed War Machine? A lot of the stories we got after Civil War would have never happened. Wanda and him would have been separated. So I don't think the Avengers vs X-Men story is guaranteed to happen. And I read a little about Iron Lad after you mentioned him. I don't think the MCU can do that story about him and Kang the Conquerer because Disney ALREADY did a story concerning "time travel" in Endgame. So I'm curious to see how the MCU shakes out from this point on. People **** on the Avengers when they compare them to the X-Men, saying the former are bland and boring. I disagree. The Avengers are not really held back by cultural and political agendas. So they can afford to be funny. They are allowed to be "quippers". They don't have to take themselves so seriously. But look at the Black Panther movie. They talked about some serious subjects, and basically were forbidden to tell jokes. I think that film would have done far better if they did. That's why the X-Men will be characters that are hard to adapt in the MCU. How can you joke around about subjects such as bigotry and discrimination? And like other posters mentioned on these threads, "different" kinds of heroes have already been embraced by the world in the MCU. The Hulk, Vison, Wanda, Hawkeye, Thor, Loki, Winter Soldier, and Ant-Man are celebrated by the general public (despite their appearances and troubled pasts), but mutants who often look like supermodels (and possess cool superpowers) and help civilians will be hated by those same people? That makes no sense to me. I hope Feige and his team have a good reason why that should be the case.

I'm gloomy about the scientific corner of the MCU. With Banner and Pym leaving and Stark dead, the only scientists that are left are Reed Richards and Hank McCoy. Hopefully they can invent some cool things. I think it's pretty bad for Pietro not be a mutant. Wanda can survive on her magic, you're right. Pietro's definitely in a tight spot creatively-speaking wise. Oh yeah, Bettany stated in an interview that WandaVision was a highlight of his career (and he thinks Olsen feels the same way). He also said he wasted his career by not doing sitcoms because the cast and crew had so much fun making this show. I'm really looking forward to the comedic aspects to this series. I've made it clear on this thread that I think Marvel should continue in its efforts to make comedy a central aspect of its movies. And I was really surprised a lot of posters here AGREED with me. I also think the creators at Marvel Studios should be permitted to stray FAR away from the source material of the comic books if it helps make the movies and television shows better (just as long as they keep the spirit of the books). And I also share Drops of Venus's delight that the Scarlet Witch's series will be incorporated into WandaVision. Even though I haven't read it, I like the idea it introduced about having multiple Scarlet Witches. I am also excited that Pietro will likely appear in the show. I just don't want him to show up as a grumpy dude who disapproves of Vision's and Wanda's relationship. That story has been done to death, and I want Quicksilver to be portrayed in a positive light in what will likely be his last appearance in the MCU. I understand why Feige and Whedon took him out though. It would just be plain awkward for Vision and Wanda to flirt over paprikash in the Avengers' kitchen if Quicksilver is standing by with his arms crossed, you know? My big hope is that the writers of the show have REASONABLE explanations about how certain things come about during the series. And I hope they don't lean too much on magic as a way of explaining things. How did Vision come back to life? Magic. How did Wanda give birth to twins? Magic. How did you deal with the leak in the basement? Magic. I hope the answers to the big questions are answered in the show in a way that is not insulting to the viewers and is somewhat grounded in the real world (despite the whole thing being absolutely bonkers). That's my hope.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-10-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Even the domestic abuse I think is unfair because it was never meant to be him full-on hitting Janet. Unfortunately the way the art was drawn escalated the situation and he's never fully recovered from that to the point that the Ultimate Universe made him into a full-on domestic abuser.
    True.

When did Beast kill humans in X-Force? Do you mean the latest X-Force series with Wolverine and Jean in it?
    Current run, Jean's getting doubts because of this.

Damsel in distress MJ was a reference to the Sam Raimi trilogy. I think Kristen Dunst said she was glad she didn't have to be captured in Spider-Man 3 since Gwen was supposed to be the victim at the end, but they traded her for MJ for reasons I can't remember.
    Thank you for explaining, I agree. Preferred Gwen in ASM over her but the MVP is Michelle Jones.

I don't think Wanda or Avengers fans really feel she needs a trial though for the most part. Most of us like to pretend that stuff never happened or that Wanda has progressed past it enough that we don't need to rehash all that.
    I don't have much interaction with the Wanda fandom, maybe I'm an outlier. But it's understandable why they want to move on from this.

I would love to see Cyclops on trial though and held responsible for his crimes.
    Agreed.

Are you referring to Xavier during the New Excalibur period when Wanda was on Genosha? It's not like he's ever had much success helping powerful females control their abilities as seen with Jean so I don't know why anyone expected he would suddenly succeed now. Morrison tried to portray Cyclops with psychological issues from the Apocalypse possession but they pretty much only manifested to break up him and Jean. As others have pointed out, in the superhero business it's pretty typical to get possessed or mind-controlled so if there was a story for every character having to deal with that trauma, that would be pretty much all we get in comics. Same with death and resurrection stories because pretty much every Marvel character has died once so you would think there'd be more of an emphasis on coping with that. As for Jean, she did deal with rejecting the Phoenix imagery and name in her X-Factor days and it wasn't until the mid-90s that she became okay with taking that mantle on again.
    I was talking about Xavier in House of M. Before they attacked her he tried to use therapy on her but for an unknown reason it wasn't working and he gave up really quickly. Wasn't his finest moment. I'll add in Dr. Strange, same thing happened there - he knew what was going on but blamed Wanda for not coming to him first.

In that case Marvel may as well just ignore her mental problems if she's the only one writers are bothering exploring that with since it's just hurting her image. As much as I'd love for the comics to explore that and super-hero comics have a bad history with mental illness at the best of times. It's giving too much ammunitions for people who hate her and even the writers bought into it.

She wasn't mind controlled but she was possessed by that force which Doom took credit for and claimed it was always his plan. So Doom can be considered to have been responsible for her actions like he mind controlled her.
    Agreed!