Page 214 of 432 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 6479

Looking at that Mystique pic got me thinking. How many times did Marvel tease Jean's return when she died?

1. Phoenix Endsong
    2. Phoenix Warsong
    3. Secret Invasion
    4. Mutant Zero in Avengers: Initiative
    5. Messiah Complex
    6. Sisterhood
    7. Second Coming
    8. Chaos War
    9. AvX
    10. Battle of the Atom
    11. Secret Wars
    12. Jean Grey solo - the final time where it actually ended up being true

I know Im missing some. What else was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Looking at that Mystique pic got me thinking. How many times did Marvel tease Jean's return when she died?

1. Phoenix Endsong
    2. Phoenix Warsong
    3. Secret Invasion
    5. Messiah Complex
    6. Sisterhood
    7. Second Coming
    8. Chaos War
    9. AvX
    10. Battle of the Atom
    11. Secret Wars

Would AoX and No More Humans count? They are both by Mike Carey. I love how much he tried to bring back Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Would AoX and No More Humans count? They are both by Mike Carey. I love how much he tried to bring back Jean.
    Yes they would and I forgot about them. I remember thinking that Revenant was gonna be Jean

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really do prefer that name and look (with the longer hair) for Rachel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Some Jean content just because:

Five telepaths and telekinetics struggling to subdue Jean

Telekinetically analyzing blood on what I assume is the molecular level

I think the first pic where the jammers and TKs were trying to take Jean was from long ago in XFactor. Jean's TK is much stronger today. Also, Jean did not have her TP at that time either (if I remember correctly).

This shows that Jean's powers, Will Power and underlying strength is without peer!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think the first pic where the jammers and TKs were trying to take Jean was from long ago in XFactor. Jean's TK is much stronger today. Also, Jean did not have her TP at that time either (if I remember correctly).

This shows that Jean's powers, Will Power and underlying strength is without peer!
    True, but before someone else points it out Jean did have the memories of both Maddie and the Jean/Phoenix merger at this time. Though Jean did state in the story that she dared not access the phoenix energies and only did so when channeling the power through Scott's optic blast to blow off a hand of a celestial later in the story.

There were times Jean did fluctuate personalities between Phoenix and Maddie but I don't think she used any "extra" power but I would have to review the story again. I just wanted to say that before someone posted to say "but what about Phoenix..."

I love the part in Judgement War where Jean tells Ship that she has heard a people die. She mentions that a part of her soul was in the Phoenix (which is what Inferno revealed that a part of Jean was there in the Phoenix clone/copy). This part is often missed that a part of Jean was inside the Phoenix merger and that it wasn't just a copy of her body and mind (also referenced years later by Claremont that Jean allowed her soul to merge with Phoenix).

Judgement War wasn't the best story and it did drag on too long, but there are aspects of it that I enjoyed. This was the story where Jean expelled the personalities of Phoenix and Maddie but not the memories. After the event she no longer switched between the personalities and in the very next X-factor story shown she still had the memories and struggled some with it (thinking she saw Mastermind, asking about New Mexico, etc).

Over the years there are several examples of Jean acknowledging the memories from the Phoenix merger, but have there been times where she acknowledges the memories from Maddie?

Attachment 97948
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-26-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Well originally she said that she didn't felt connected with those memories anymore, though some later stuff contradicted that. My headcanon is that she feels the Phoenix memories like it was her because it was still her personality, while Maddie's feels different because she had her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well originally she said that she didn't felt connected with those memories anymore, though some later stuff contradicted that. My headcanon is that she feels the Phoenix memories like it was her because it was still her personality, while Maddie's feels different because she had her own.
    Yeah, that is how I see it as well.

But I like Jean's pure will, determination and power during the Judgement War.

Judgement War was boring to me bc Jean was barely in it. For a story to go as long as it did with minimal Jean was criminal to me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

1. Phoenix Endsong
    2. Phoenix Warsong
    3. Secret Invasion
    5. Messiah Complex
    6. Sisterhood
    7. Second Coming
    8. Chaos War
    9. AvX
    10. Battle of the Atom
    11. Secret Wars

What about the Astonishing X-men preview (the black and white image of Cyclops standing in front of Jean with phoenix raptor and Scott saying something like (not exact quote) "At a time like this... to feel nothing at all not even surprise." It was a fakeout on Marvel's page and it was right before the reveal in Astonishing about Colossus being back from the "dead".

Someone has to have this saved somewhere. I probably have it on an old computer somewhere. It was the very first tease about Jean since her last appearance in New X-men 154.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-26-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    What about the Astonishing X-men preview (the black and white image of Cyclops standing in front of Jean with phoenix raptor and Scott saying something like (not exact quote) "At a time like this... to feel nothing at all not even surprise." It was a fakeout on Marvel's page and it was right before the reveal in Astonishing about Colossus being back from the "dead".

Someone has to have this saved somewhere. I probably have it on an old computer somewhere. It was the very first tease about Jean since her last appearance in New X-men 154.
    Same. I might have it on a (very old) laptop. I remember it perfectly. It was a fake black and white page by Cassaday, as a preview...
    Almost the same with Mutant Zero, with that Black & White preview of Mutant Zero displaying a Phoenix raptor... Marvel was really toying with Jean fans... The writer said she was a Mutant, cover worthy. When we could see her from the back, she had those long red hair (orange, exactly like Jean) floating in a zen position, like Jean did two or three during Uncanny X-Men. It ended to be Typhoid Mary, who before never had that orange long hair, but a brown frizzy hair...

Tom Taylor
    @TomTaylorMade
    Hmmm. Wouldn’t it be interesting if @Rogeantonio and I had something else in the works together...
    (Watch this space)

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...20412937392128

Tom taylor just tweeted this in answer for a fan missing X-men Red.

someone just remembered me that it is a Moira book and I died a bit more inside
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-27-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Tom Taylor
    @TomTaylorMade
    Hmmm. Wouldn’t it be interesting if @Rogeantonio and I had something else in the works together...
    (Watch this space)

I really doubt Tom would be writing the Moira book...

Nick Spencer's biggest creator-owned work is about bad bitches and galaxy brain time travel fuckery and they're really gonna give it to Taylor.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Tom Taylor
    @TomTaylorMade
    (Watch this space)

I REALLY hope this isn't just another tease.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.