Page 551 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 514515015415475485495505515525535545555616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 20948

They were just talking about this on the john campea show and here it is here. From the sound of it he was angry most of his part was cut out of the movie and more jokey and made it known from even after jl was just done filming he was not happy about that. Sounds like he is bitter over it and still is. Funny thing is campea called him a "teen girl on twitter yelling about her girlfriend." and said he should have just talked it out with Wheadon then post it everywhere.

If more actors come out and say he acted that way we will know he is right but sounds like a bitter angry actor lashing out on twitter when he should be just talking it out with Wheadon. Sounds like the fatf thing all over again with the actor angry that the rock was getting a spin-off movie.

As for booyah some people said he did try to get it changed and cut cyborgs comedy parts out and even made trouble with the crew over it. If this is true i only have one thing to say.

What are you tom hanks. Why do you get to change the plot if you don't like it? You are getting paid millions to play cyborg and more then one version of cyborg said that. That's like a guy playing he-man angry he-man says "i have the power." Film your blasted role like you are paid millions to do or give it to someone else. When you get to be as big as the rock or tom hanks then you can change the script you hate.

On the other hand if what he says is true i take back what i said as he is in the right to get upset then yes he was wronged. I will stand by him if this turns out to be true. Man why can't dc catch a break. mera, flash and now this.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-02-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

We need a behind the scenes documentary of the making of this film.
    At this point, it would provide far more entertainment and interest than any cut of the film could ever manage.

It would make a great movie. Again if he is telling the truth i will take back what i said and stand by hm.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm not even going to get into these pointless arguments of who's a better director between Snyder and Whedon (a matter of taste and objective achievements), if the MCU is better than the DCEU (so tiring you guys) or who's a better feminist director between two straight white cisgender men (LOL). All of these are pointless and stupid fandom projections and taking away from the real issue at hand.

On one hand, Ray Fisher may seem like he has nothing to lose considering the state of his career but he could end up being blackballed by saying these things, so why would he lie? I know he feels indebted to Snyder but I don't believe he'll go as far as slander to prove that. I don't think he's that dumb. And there's nothing to suggest Whedon couldn't have acted unprofessionally on set. He's been accused of it before and while it's no excuse, I can see how he may not have gotten along with everyone considering it wasn't his film at all.

That being said, the timing of these comments is questionable. I know someone will liken this to abuse victims not coming out initially but from what I'm seeing here Fisher isn't saying he was a victim and is speaking up for others, so it's not the same. Snyder has also been truly vindicated and it is a lot easier to throw Whedon under the bus now than 3-4 years ago, especially doing this over the internet and on social media when we all know how people react to allegations like these, especially considering today's renewed political climate.

What I've decided to take from this is that it is more evidence that these guys will saying just about anything in order to maintain a good PR image. We saw it happen when BvS got released in theatres and how that changed when the Ultimate Cut was then announced and released. We saw it when SS got released in theatres and how that has changed with the talk of #ReleaseTheAyerCut. We saw it when JL was soon to be released, and now we're seeing the fallout of that again and how it has changed with the announcement of the Snyder Cut. The goalpost is always shifting and the narrative keeps changing. Quite frankly I'm tired of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

As for booyah some people said he did try to get it changed and cut cyborgs comedy parts out and even made trouble with the crew over it. If this is true i only have one thing to say.

What are you tom hanks. Why do you get to change the plot if you don't like it? You are getting paid millions to play cyborg and more then one version of cyborg said that. That's like a guy playing he-man angry he-man says "i have the power." Film your blasted role like you are paid millions to do or give it to someone else. When you get to be as big as the rock or tom hanks then you can change the script you hate.

On the other hand if what he says is true i take back what i said as he is in the right to get upset then yes he was wronged. I will stand by him if this turns out to be true. Man why can't dc catch a break. mera, flash and now this.
    His resume says you shouldn't be complaining about a thing publicly. Terrance Howard could run his mouth because he had a career and still got work.

Ray Fisher may seem like he has nothing to lose considering the state of his career but he could end up being blackballed by saying these things, so why would he lie?
    He's probably not.

But to be upset over a catch phrase to the point of being difficult-that falls on him. Go get Doom Patrol Cyborg for the next movie.

He really thought he was getting a movie? If Black Panther did not dash those hope-Into the Spiderverse should have. In this climate-no one wants to see it.

Thinking back on that movie
    Cyborg really was the token minority of the movie and that's a problem with a lot of these super hero teams but considering they cut all his scenes and wanted him to say a catchphrase from a children's cartoon where his character is a teen and not an adult I get the anger.

Astonishing Member

It could also be a power play on Fisher's part. Not to cast doubt on his claims or anything, but there's been whispers of there being some sort of solo Cyborg project on HBO Max after the Synder cut's released. If there's some sort of intense debate over whether that project should continue this could be Fisher's way of getting a leg up in the discussion. He's already got a loyal following of Zack Synder fans who know he's been a huge advocate for the director since the beginning, when you add in abuse claims that can rally those against deviancy in Hollywood and rising demands for representation in the superhero genre he could come out of this debacle looking like a hero.

In which case WB would look odd if they didn't give him some sort of project because the assumption among many would be he's being punished for speaking up. If he can pin down at least 2 or 3 instances of indisputable abuse by Whedon then I think it's a wrap. That's my cynical take on things but if this results in a predator and his enablers being taken down then I still consider it a win.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-02-2020 at 08:10 AM.

When it comes to the "Booyah" thing, it's not from Fisher, but from Berg, who seems to be set to be on Whedon's side here.

Here I'm reminded of Eugene Brave Rock in Wonder Woman. He didn't like being called "Chief" in the movie, but he and Patty Jenkins sat down, talked it through, and made sure that Brave Rock felt comfortable with his role in the movie. I have no idea what happened here in Justice League, but I can easily see that Fisher was upset not so much because of "Booyah" but because he talked to someone about it, and wasn't taken seriously.

I have no idea on what happened here, but the way I read Berg's comment it is that he is trying to undermine Fisher's credibility here.
    Last edited by kjn; 07-02-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

At this point we need more info on both sides but man like i said dc films can't catch a break can they.

As for him not liking booyah. Why was he surprised they used it? It was a part of cyborg now like mr freezes wife was added from the cartoon.

When he got the role he should not have been shocked over putting cyborgs cartoon catchphrase in there as well known as it was.

Things get added to other versions all the time.

It's like "cowabunga" with ninja turtles. It was not from the darker comics but the light hearted cartoon but now everyone expects them to say it in all versions of turtles.

He-man didn't say "i have the power" and there was no prince adam in the mini comics at first. When they took off in the cartoon then it was used afterwords. Captain falcon never had "falcon punch" in f-zero. It was so big after smash bros it was added to the f-zero cartoon.

Batman didn't have a batcave in the comics. It took off from the serials then was added to the comics. Superman didn't have kryptinate, daily planet or jimmy. Those came from the radio show.

The new punky brewster show coming out the biggest thing fans are asking for is the the magic creature from the later cartoon!

Herbie came from the fantastic four cartoon. He has been in shows, a cut scene from the movie and cartoons and has been added to the comics! I'm sure he will show up in the mcu version. Heck he was almost in the last movie but cut.

Cyborg is the same as these. Even the live action 87 he-man added "i have the power" due to the cartoon.

He should not have been surprised at all.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-02-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We need a behind the scenes documentary of the making of this film.
    At this point, it would provide far more entertainment and interest than any cut of the film could ever manage.
    Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell. I’d rather have that over seeing Snyder’s comprised
    cut any day of the week.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Thinking back on that movie
    Cyborg really was the token minority of the movie and that's a problem with a lot of these super hero teams but considering they cut all his scenes and wanted him to say a catchphrase from a children's cartoon where his character is a teen and not an adult I get the anger.
    You using that word token wrong.

How could cyborg be a token if there are two poc(i don't use that word minority) in the justice league movie who are in the main cast?
    So he was Not token.
    A token is someone who is only one and has very little story.
    Now having alot of his parts taken out was wrong but he did have strong enough role and like i said he was not only poc in the main cast.
    Cyborg and superman help save earth in the dceu in the end as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-02-2020 at 11:23 AM.

this was from back in 2017, he talks about the booyah catch phrase, briefly mentions he doesn't want his Cyborg to say it in the first film he's in to differentiate from the cartoon version.
    Surprised he apparently made a big stink about it though, going by this exchange alone it doesn't sound like he felt all that strongly about it, but who knows?

Its irritating when people are vague like this about an issue they claim is serious. Twitter is not the ideal medium to write a book, but at least detail something. I'm not necessarily defending Whedon, there's been plenty of smoke around him before and I've always thought he had asshat tendendices after what happened to Charisma Carpenter on Angel, but all the same, don't pussyfoot around it if you're going to bring it to light. Give an example of what he did.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Most viewers... you mean the ones that actually showed up to watch it? Or we are going to ignore its insignificant Box Office numbers? And didn't I just mention the fact that the actual ratings, not the loud haters, disagree with that notion? Despised you say, let's bring in the numbers to illustrate a less biased story right there:
    (I'm excluding BvS and JL because neither of the movies are the cuts Snyder intended to release to the theaters and they got their ratings based off theatrical cuts, to be clear, I didn't like the TC of BvS, but was converted after watching the Director's, so yeah, it matters a lot. To see the whole picture clear, let's bring in MoS/Shazam/Aquaman data to analyze it all)

IMDb:

Rotten Tomatoes: (from top to bottom: MoS, AM, Shazam)

Attachment 98285Attachment 98286Attachment 98287

Hell, go to the most casual of the casuals ratings, the Google search rating and the numbers are: MoS with 4.6 and 87%, Aquaman with 4.1 and 90% and Shazam with 4.2 and 89%.

So what are we seeing here? In everything beside the so called "professional" critics numbers, MoS isn't far behind both of those so called "audience pleasers", DCEU "course correctors" and everyone and their mothers darlings in general according to some people, actually it even does better among the audiences in other places! Wow. What a surprising outcome... unless one actually believed that those obsessive stalking haters represented the whole audience...
    But the funniest part? The movie you don't see such a lukewarm "audience support" right there, Aquaman, made the most money by far. And the critic darling, Shazam, made less than Thor did in freaking 2011.

When I was talking about the narratives that got out of hand? This is exactly what I was talking about.

(apparently you can't post more than 3 images on this site, so I'll try to manage it in other posts)
    It isn't insignificant when you remember Shazam was in between two billion dollar Marvel films. No movie was ever going to be that successful in that time slot with that competition, and treating it's BO like that without acknowledging that fact is rather unfair. Sure it made less money - but the fact that it is a critic darling, the fact it made profit while sadly sandwiched between two obvious MCU juggernauts, the fact that it did well enough that it is going to get a sequel when we never got a MoS 2 should tell you something about what the studio and public really think about this movie. You don't have to like it, but most people do. And it isn't divisive and doesn't cause long drawn out debates. And frankly, all the angry arguing just makes people want to move on from MoS even more.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Justice League is no Island of Dr Moreau or Apocalypse Now. There's no need for a documentary about a movie that would be crappy in any of its versions. Its like fans going nuts about the best of the Transformers movies and demanding them to be recut and add a documentary about behind the scenes.
    There's so much better stuff to rewatch or look forward to and no need for Whedon's or Snyder's movies/shows.