Page 699 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1995996496896956966976986997007017027037097497991199 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Yo! Talk me into (or out of) buying the new Planet Hulk Omnibus.

Familiar enough with the story, but I'm on the fence 'cause I just bought a bunch of other stuff, and running out of shelf space.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Wow, early 2018 is going to be a very dry spell for me? Where the hell are my Black Panther, Ant Man, and New Muntants Omnis, Marvel?
    An Ant-Man omnibus would see me go bankrupt by buying 100000 copies.

+ Any tips for a first-time omni reader guys? JIM and Thor are coming this week and as you can guess I don't want to damage my books!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Yo! Talk me into (or out of) buying the new Planet Hulk Omnibus.

Familiar enough with the story, but I'm on the fence 'cause I just bought a bunch of other stuff, and running out of shelf space.
    If you don't already have the story in collected format (heck, even if you do in OHC), you have to get this. It's one of the best Hulk stories ever, and I'm not a huge Hulk fan. Superb writing, awesome story and sweet artwork. And after you read it and like it, you should get the WWH omni too.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Dumb question alert but, this isn't an omnibus is it?

I bought it years ago and someone actually stole it
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Hulk.../dp/1905239661

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Dumb question alert but, this isn't an omnibus is it?

I bought it years ago and someone actually stole it
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Hulk.../dp/1905239661
    No. That was the complete story in TPB form.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    An Ant-Man omnibus would see me go bankrupt by buying 100000 copies.

+ Any tips for a first-time omni reader guys? JIM and Thor are coming this week and as you can guess I don't want to damage my books!
    Yes. Do these steps before reading any omnibus:

-Take the dust cover off
    -Now set the book down on a flat surface (a soft surface won't work). With the front and back covers down, hold the pages up with one hand. With the other hand, take about 1/8 of an inch of paper from the left side, and lay it down. Then take your hand and very carefully (without bending the pages), run your hand along the pages toward the spine, pushing down. Then do the same thing with about an 1/8 of an inch of pages from the right side. Continue to do this until there are no more pages, alternating from each side. What this does is "prep" the spine of your book so that when you're reading it, the heavy book doesn't mess up the spine from too much weight on one side.

Here's a picture of what I mean, with more explanation:
    https://lifehacker.com/break-in-a-ha...ine-1509842301

Yes!!! Finally the MAX omnibus! And so fast after the Ennis reprint which I'm glad to see sold well.

Now give me the daredevil Bendis reprints and I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

-Take the dust cover off
    -Now set the book down on a flat surface (a soft surface won't work). With the front and back covers down, hold the pages up with one hand. With the other hand, take about 1/8 of an inch of paper from the left side, and lay it down. Then take your hand and very carefully (without bending the pages), run your hand along the pages toward the spine, pushing down. Then do the same thing with about an 1/8 of an inch of pages from the right side. Continue to do this until there are no more pages, alternating from each side. What this does is "prep" the spine of your book so that when you're reading it, the heavy book doesn't mess up the spine from too much weight on one side.

my friends laughed at me when I showed them this pic and told them to flex the binding after they got their first thick books but thankfully I managed to convince them to do it (put the fear into them a bit). I do it with every hardcover I have before opening it the first time.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

-Take the dust cover off

Does this apply to glued HCs or just stitched?

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Yes!!! Finally the MAX omnibus! And so fast after the Ennis reprint which I'm glad to see sold well.

Now give me the daredevil Bendis reprints and I'll be good.
    There's a good chance of that happening...maybe...when the next Netflix season arrives. I think OHCs are still out there. I actually sold my omnibus collections to get them. Made a few bucks and they're easier to handle.

That said, for me personally there's really not much out there in terms of reprints I would go after, although I'm sure I'd seriously eye Lee's Silver Surfer if that one was ever published again.

If you don't already have the story in collected format (heck, even if you do in OHC), you have to get this. It's one of the best Hulk stories ever, and I'm not a huge Hulk fan. Superb writing, awesome story and sweet artwork. And after you read it and like it, you should get the WWH omni too.
    Pretty sure I'll be getting it... but I am definitely NOT getting WWH - didn't care for the story, the art, or most of the side-stories collected in the omni. It wasn't one of the worst Marvel "events", but it was disappointing enough where I don't care to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Do NOT buy it! I’m not sure if there are even any X-Men in it?!
    That's why you shouldn't buy a Hulk book, because there aren't any X-Men in it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I’m pretty sure that Hulk 106 is not in the WW Hulk omnibus. My plan was to flip between the mini and Hulk 106-111 and read the other stuff and front line after I got right to the end. Once comple I would read the Aftersmash stuff. But, going thru the book, it appears that we get a prologue issue, then WW mini, then 107-111 and the rest. Hoping someone can confirm or tell me I’m wrong.

Edit: hahahah never mind - first issue. The ordering of this book sucks!
    World Breaker prologue continues from #106, so that makes sense. The main thing about this book that sucks is that, like all the dumb event omnis, it exists in the first place, but that's hardly Marvel's fault that people want and buy them.

And Powers vol. 2 is PHC of the current series.

Spectacular Member

Was the reprint of Simonson's Thor any smaller than the original?

Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks

So I've tried to start reading hickmans secret warriors 3 or 4 times now and I always end up putting it down for something else about 5 issues in. Everyone else seems to love it, and I myself loved his avengers and FF4. Does it get better the more you read? Not sure why but it doesn't pull in as much as hickmans other marvel stuff. And I've always wanted to upgrade to the omnibus but now I'm not so sure.