Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Wow I loved the trailer, watched it several times already. I'm very impressed and excited for this movie.

That trailer has me hyped for this movie! Looks gritty. I remember thinking that Nolan's Batman was pretty close to a real world Batman. I'm thinking this might get even closer!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

This new emo look Batman going is new
    Usually they try to make Bruce and Batman look drastically different to keep up the mask but I guess this movie is dark enough that the moral apathy has already seeped through to the Bruce Wayne alter ego as well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The tone for Batman and Gotham is reminding me a bit of those “Year One Point Five” stories that showed up in Legends of the Dark Knight: Prey, Heat, Blades.

We don’t seem to be doing Earth One Batman, where things are diluted a bit and Bruce is a bit more of an amateur, but we’re still dealing with a very young Batman in a vision of Gotham that feels like a real world place viewed through a macabre and brutalist POV.
    I do feel though that this is the closest we've come to seeing an 'amateur Batman' who's learning the ropes on screen.

Even in Batman Begins, right from Day 1, Batman emerges pretty fully-formed, thanks to his League of Shadows training, and with a complete clarity of purpose. By the time of TDK, around a year or so later, he's pretty much cleaned up Gotham and is on the verge of winning his war against crime and corruption.

This movie shows us a Batman who isn't as fully-formed. He's got the suits, the gear and some training, but he doesn't have everything figured out yet. He's not a living weapon trained by Ra's al Ghul...he's a vigilante in a cobbled together body armor who's developing a reputation and slowly building his legend.

In this Batman I see the guy from the Year One comic who got stabbed in the leg his first night out. I see the guy who is cornered by the GCPD in a warehouse and just about makes it out alive. And I see the guy who painstakingly makes his way past the guards at the mayor's mansion to deliver a chilling speech to Gotham's corrupt elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This new emo look Batman going is new
    Usually they try to make Bruce and Batman look drastically different to keep up the mask but I guess this movie is dark enough that the moral apathy has already seeped through to the Bruce Wayne alter ego as well
    Well, I mean, he's just starting out so maybe he doesn't have the playboy facade figured out?

Though if you think about it, it'd actually make sense for Bruce Wayne to be known as the 'emo billionaire' publicaly. After all, his parents were murdered, he had a troubled childhood, he's spent years abroad God knows where (assuming they keep that part of the backstory)...it makes sense that he'd come across as a bit of a mess.

vinnytheterp

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, that's really strange, because I can't get hyped for this movie, when I obviously should be... I mean, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, WW84, Shazam 2, even Flash, yeah, I've some interest. But this one, I can't help but see it as totally disconnected to the larger DCEU, kind of like Joker. I'll probably wait it out, until I hear word of mouth that it's really good, and even then I'll be wary... But I'll be damned if I know why I feel like this.
    I'm with you. looks great but I am a little Batman fatigued when it comes to the films. I mean another reboot.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I LOVE that Batman's got his old forehead piece in this film, stitched into his mask no less. It was a staple in the comics for so long, but we haven't seen it in live action since Batman '66.

I couldn't be more excited about this movie. That trailer was amazing.

I'm digging the tone of the new Batman film but i wanna see the over the top stuff too. I mean he fought Dracula at one point, give me that too.

Pattinson's Batman feels like he could eventually become Affleck's take on the character. Maybe they could have Deathstroke fight both of them throughout the years?

I don't care if Pattinson's Batman has a Robin but i don't mind if he teams up with other superheroes. We got alot of options like Bronze Tiger, Green Arrow, the Creeper etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I'm really excited for this movie, and RP looks good as both Bruce and Batman

I don't want to get political, but I 100% blame Trump's lack of a covid response for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't want to get political, but I 100% blame Trump's lack of a covid response for this.
    Even though the filming is in the UK? lol

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Airports and airplanes are petri dishes and I don't wish it on anyone that he has to travel (People going on vacation are crazy). Folks should be more patient and wait till next year. Get well RP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Wrong. If the dems were not trying to shove impeachment down everyone's throats(with the help of the corporate media), both parties may have had january/feb/early March to plan ahead.

On topic - I'm really annoyed they only got three days filming in. I don't want this delayed any further.