Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Batgirls book, Black Bat, Babs, and Spoiler.

Birds of Prey with Harley and Ivy and the rest of the batgang. All fans are happy.
    If we get a Batgirls book then I want Betty included

Incredible Member

Kinda weird how in war zone 1, spoilers:
    Cass just went and gave herself the mantle without consulting Batman/Batgirl. I’ve been reading her run recently and I didn’t think the char would do something like that without permission/blessings
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Cass just went and gave herself the mantle without consulting Batman/Batgirl. I’ve been reading her run recently and I didn’t think the char would do something like that without permission/blessings
    end of spoilers
    I want to know, is Cassandra using the Batgirl alias? Or just using her new suit that is pretty similar to her Batgirl suit?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I want to know, is Cassandra using the Batgirl alias? Or just using her new suit that is pretty similar to her Batgirl suit?
    From my understanding, though nothing is obvious and said out loud since this was at the end, she’s prob Orphan in the batsuit.

What’s weird is that she talks like her pre flashpoint version. Not like the child she was in Tec Rebirth.

Astonishing Member

What’s weird is that she talks like her pre flashpoint version.
    This is not surprising, they are clearly moving towards restoring the characters and their statuses in the form in which they were then.

She wasn't talking like a child in Outsiders either. But I haven't read the issue yet. Does she say whole sentences ?

Astonishing Member

In Joker War Zone, Cassandra has become a rebel (Batman will blame Stephanie for this) and use the symbol without asking permission

Incredible Member

In Joker War Zone, Cassandra has become a rebel (Batman will blame Stephanie for this) and use the symbol without asking permission
    I'm down for this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    end of spoilers
    After reading the issue, I should say I'm also surprised Cassandra did that without permission. That seems more a Stephanie thing.

Although I guess if Cassandra didn't do that, she wouldn't do anything (apart from fight) in this issue.

They went to Oracle's watchtower, so it's likely that Babs had something to do with it, since she should've been there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They went to Oracle's watchtower, so it's likely that Babs had something to do with it, since she should've been there.
    Stephanie says they don't have permission ("We didn't exactly get permission. Should we wait..."). So, I don't think Barbara knows either.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-29-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Stephanie says they don't have permission ("We didn't exactly get permission. Should we wait..."). So, I don't think Barbara knows either.
    Hopefully Batman 100 gives more context. Either that or the next detective comics arc

I see what the two are doing is the opposite of what Clownhunter is doing. They represent the hope that Batman yearns Gotham aspiring toward. While Clownhunter is on the other side of the coin. The one that resents the symbol and that these monsters keep coming back ruining the city and lives.

On the other hand, maybe Cass finally accepted what her mother has been saying in Batman & the Outsiders. Take the symbol, you've earned it. Show them all why you've earned it. Last issue of B&O Batman yielded that fact to Shiva. Maybe Batgirl #50, Babs does or in #100.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I see what the two are doing is the opposite of what Clownhunter is doing. They represent the hope that Batman yearns Gotham aspiring toward. While Clownhunter is on the other side of the coin. The one that resents the symbol and that these monsters keep coming back ruining the city and lives.

On the other hand, maybe Cass finally accepted what her mother has been saying in Batman & the Outsiders. Take the symbol, you've earned it. Show them all why you've earned it. Last issue of B&O Batman yielded that fact to Shiva. Maybe Batgirl #50, Babs does or in #100.
    When I see that part in "Batman & the Outsiders", I really thought it was related to Cassandra in Joker War Zone. However, these events don't seem to be connected, since Cassandra is using the symbol without Batman's "permission".

That said, really doubt Bruce (or Barbara) will have problems with Cassandra or Stephanie using the symbol, especially as Bruce is in "I would be better with my Batfamily" mode.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-30-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Incredible Member

When I see that part in "Batman & the Outsiders", I really thought it was related to Cassandra in Joker War Zone. However, these events don't seem to be connected, since Cassandra is using the symbol without Batman's "permission".

That said, really doubt Bruce (or Barbara) will have problems with Cassandra or Stephanie using the symbol, especially as Bruce is in "I would be better with my Batfamily" mode.
    The only Batgirl who never needed the Batsymbol was Bette and I'm very proud of her for it. Speaking of, she and Cass met in Young Justice and it was glorious (minus that disgusting kiss scene)
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3