Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    You know, even if she WAS telling the truth and didn't mean to kill that guy, it still indicates that person should not be allowed near guns or life or death situations ever again. She through his carelessness, killed someone. Her negligence, which I'm pretty sure they have a lot of training to prevent accidents like that from happening, lead to someone's death. Isn't there a legal term for something like that?

Oh yeah, "Negligent homicide". And while it's not full murder-1 or anything, it's still enough to get you put behind bars for a significant chunk of your life. And maybe keep you from legally owning guns, so that's a plus.

Also I'm pretty sure Tazers have a much different feel and weight to them than a gun, and you have to look down the gun to aim, so she'd have to claim she was REALLY hopped up on adrenaline to not notice when she grabbed the gun that it wasn't a Tazer.
    Much different feel, weight, and they're held on the opposite side to their standard issue firearm.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I feel like the moment is somewhat crippled by the fact that, just a few days ago, an older black man had the **** kicked out of him by the LAPD ... in the process of/as a result of an epileptic seizure... While the autistic grandson he was walking to school, was forced to watch.

Or a few days before that when the veteran cop, who also serves as an police advocate and has gone to bat for other questionable officers over the course of her near three decade career, shot a young black man to death and is defending herself with "I meant to grab for my taser".
    There was also a teenage girl who called the police and then got shot today
    You know, even if she WAS telling the truth and didn't mean to kill that guy, it still indicates that person should not be allowed near guns or life or death situations ever again. She through his carelessness, killed someone. Her negligence, which I'm pretty sure they have a lot of training to prevent accidents like that from happening, lead to someone's death. Isn't there a legal term for something like that?

Oh yeah, "Negligent homicide". And while it's not full murder-1 or anything, it's still enough to get you put behind bars for a significant chunk of your life. And maybe keep you from legally owning guns, so that's a plus.

Also I'm pretty sure Tazers have a much different feel and weight to them than a gun, and you have to look down the gun to aim, so she'd have to claim she was REALLY hopped up on adrenaline to not notice when she grabbed the gun that it wasn't a Tazer.
    IIRC, she was in charge of training officers

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Politics thread is over in community guys.
    Like I said above.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i can honestly say that "eden's zero" has a cast where the supporting characters are far more interesting than the MC.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Tendinitis is annoying.

Love, Death and Robots comes back next month. I can’t wait!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Like I said above.
    That wasn't politics, that was armchair lawyering.

That's a totally DIFFERENT field I know almost nothing about, have no power to influence, and yet have strong opinions on.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Now of course this is an edited combo video and Desk is an execution god - insert SFV joke here - but these day 0 Rose combos, wow.

Quite unlike SF4 where she had maybe a handful of mixups and relied more on buttons, she seems to have some interesting new options. VT2 is like the new Genei-jin, and that's terrible lol

That wasn't politics, that was armchair lawyering.

That's a totally DIFFERENT field I know almost nothing about, have no power to influence, and yet have strong opinions on.
    Fair enough.

Have a kitty.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Cleric check your pms
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the cop has been found guilty on all charges.

as a black man in america..........i feel great.
    I am 100% in support of this. I hope it continues - still a long way to go.

Will leave it at that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The current Ms. Marvel has some good elements in it. The art this month is quite interesting - almost a manga flair - and while I'm uncertain about the current situation between Carol and Stephen Strange, it does make for some amusing scenes.

Though I'm not really 100% happy about how the artist has decided to make Stephen look more hip.

Edit: New Eternals comic is both weird and awesome.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-21-2021 at 04:49 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dan Hibiki

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.