Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Narnia and Oz come to mind.

Invincible Member

Seinfeld, Mad About You, and Friends were all in the same universe. I wanna say they even did an "event" one night when all the shows crossed over.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Seinfeld, Mad About You, and Friends were all in the same universe. I wanna say they even did an "event" one night when all the shows crossed over.
    Yeah, Phoebe's identical twin sister was a recurring character on Mad About You.

These kinds of crossovers were more common in the early days of TV. All of CBS's rural comedies in the 1960's (The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, etc.) took place in the same continuity, and characters from one would occasionally guest-star in another.

Samantha and Darin from Bewitched even showed up on The Flintstones once.

BANNED

That never happened. However, Phoebe's twin sister appeared both in Friends and Mad About You, and Kramer made an appearance in Mad About You, so you could argue that all 3 shows take place within the same universe.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong... aren't R.E. Howard's and H.P. Lovecraft's tales in the same universe. They were pen pals or something like that.

X-Files and Millenium.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... aren't R.E. Howard's and H.P. Lovecraft's tales in the same universe. They were pen pals or something like that.
    Not in the same settings, but using some of the same Mythos gods and creatures.

Same thing with Clark Ashton Smith, Frank Belknap Long, August Derleth, Robert Bloch, and early Henry Kuttner and Fritz Leiber. And, since Lovecraft's works are de facto in the public domain, many other authors since then from Brian Lumley to Stephen King.

Incredible Member

Bones and Sleepy Hollow

BANNED

Not a crossover, exactly, but they all used the plot point of a city-wide power outage as the genesis for their story on the same evening.

Different Strokes, Silver Spoon, Blossom, The Fresh Prince Prince, and the Jeffersons all exist in the same universe.

Ace Venutra met the Mask on two separate occasions in their cartoon series.

The 90s Cartoon series versions of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Savage Dragon, and Wing Commander are all connected. There was a storyline where a warrior king was traveling though time/space/reality or something to that affect and interacted with the casts of each.

I'm also rather fond of the shared videogame universe shown in Captain N: the Game Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Different Strokes, Silver Spoon, Blossom, The Fresh Prince Prince, and the Jeffersons all exist in the same universe.
    Then since The Jeffersons was a spin-off of All In the Family, that would mean they all share the same universe with it and its spinoffs Archie Bunker's Place and Maude (and maybe Good Times, which arguably was a spinoff of Maude.)

Ultimate Member

M.Night Shyamalan's Split and Unbreakable are in the same universe. Another film is scheduled for that same universe.

Speaking of NCIS, it turns out that on The Big Bang Theory, NCIS is a fictional TV show, that Penny had a role in a deleted scene. While on NCIS, The Big Bang Theory
    was just a TV show playing on a TV at a crime scene. An example of an explicitly not shared universe?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some more recent crime dramas I think as well. NCIS, along with the other NCIS stuff is also in the same universe as JAG (Which it spun off from) and the new Hawaii 5-0..
    I wonder if that universe includes MAGNUM, P.I. and QUANTUM LEAP.

All the Thomas Hardy novels and short stories are in the same universe.

Krzysztof Kieslowski's BLUE, WHITE and RED are all in the same universe. His DEKALOG stories are all in the same universe. His DOUBLE LIFE OF VERONIQUE might also be in the same universe as those.

NEWHART is a dream world inside the world of THE BOB NEWHART SHOW which was a quasi spin-off of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I actually found out when Fuller House season 1 came out that a lot of the 90's TGIF shows take place in the same universe if that makes sense lol. Like Family Matter and Full House exist in the same universe as Steve Urkel makes an appearance on an episode of Full House. There are also a couple of other crossovers like that from the 90's TGIF shows.
    Yeah there was a bunch like that. Coach, Drew Carey Show, Ellen, and Grace Under Fire all shared a crossover.

Dallas and Knots Landing

Magnum PI crossed over with both Simon and Simon and Murder She Wrote.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah there was a bunch like that. Coach, Drew Carey Show, Ellen, and Grace Under Fire all shared a crossover.

Dallas and Knots Landing

Magnum PI crossed over with both Simon and Simon and Murder She Wrote.
    Knots Landing stop being in continuity with Dallas as it kept the dream seasons canon.